Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans Siberian Orchestra

Go down 
+8
skullsmasher
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
tohostudios
bgast1
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Trans Siberian Orchestra Empty
PostSubject: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 pm

My wife told me if I could guess what she bought me for Christmas, that she would give it to me. Well I went through weeks and weeks of trying to guess and got told no every time. Well last night we were out to dinner having pizza and I just threw TSO tickets out there and she shocked me and said yes. I have wanted to see these guys for almost as long as they have been together, so I am ecstatic and can't wait. They are coming to Chicago, or I should say Rosemont to the Allstate Arena on Jan 3, 2009. She got afternoon show tickets, don't know if that will make a difference. Does anybody know what the line up will be for that show. My guess is that it will be the east coast line up, as they are also playing in Dallas, TX on that day, and I figure that will be the West coast line up.

Has anyone seen them yet this year? How are they?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm

I haven't seen them personally but the owner of Rock Island has and he raved about them. And various reviews I've read say the same thing. Lots of lasers and other special FX.

Sounds like one of the most theatrical shows going.

They're coming here in a week or two but the tix are just too pricey for me.

From everything I've read, you're gonna love the show!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:52 pm

I saw them in '04 and it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:36 pm

very cool, i would like to see them some day too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Yep, I've seen them a few times, and they're killer! Too bad the shows around here seem to always be in early November. The shows with Chris Caffery are great. He's a really good frontman, really funny and works the crowd well. And the crowd is maybe the best part.

We all know that TSO are largely what Savatage became; they're not even that far removed from Jon Oliva's Pain or Circle II Circle. But would 60-year-old rich turds ever be caught listening to Savatage? HELL NO! But TSO is a-okay. Haha. They sometimes play a Sava song or two--besides the "TSO" hit "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)"--and these old farts eat it up. Haha. They have no idea.

Still pretty amazing that TSOs most famous song is a frickin' Savatage tune.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:26 pm

I'd love to see these guys, so does my fiancee. They're coming to Michigan State's Breslin Center on 12/28, but we can't afford the tickets.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:51 am

Eyesore wrote:

Yeah, they didn't even re-record it. It's the same version as on Dead Winter Dead!

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 am

I've seen them twice and the show is amazing!! You'll not be disappointed...

My guitar player has been to hundreds of concerts in his life, including several dozen KISS shows, and he said TSO has the best light-show he's ever seen...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:34 am

I'd love to see them! They're never gonna get closer than 3 hours, though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I've seen them twice and the show is amazing!! You'll not be disappointed...

My guitar player has been to hundreds of concerts in his life, including several dozen KISS shows, and he said TSO has the best light-show he's ever seen...

I'd believe that, it is truly awesome. When I saw them, the guitarist was Al Petreli, and he was simply awesome. Also one of the female singers was absolutly amazing, I felt like I was in love. drunken
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:44 am

TSO comes here every year and every year by the time I find out when it is, it's sold out.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:23 am

I've seen them a few times. They just played in my area last weekend but I didn't go this time. Awesome show. Enjoy!!

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yep, I've seen them a few times, and they're killer! Too bad the shows around here seem to always be in early November. The shows with Chris Caffery are great. He's a really good frontman, really funny and works the crowd well. And the crowd is maybe the best part.

We all know that TSO are largely what Savatage became; they're not even that far removed from Jon Oliva's Pain or Circle II Circle. But would 60-year-old rich turds ever be caught listening to Savatage? HELL NO! But TSO is a-okay. Haha. They sometimes play a Sava song or two--besides the "TSO" hit "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)"--and these old farts eat it up. Haha. They have no idea.

Hey watch it dude, I'm not that far off from 60. 🤘 A good light show is something that I have never experienced, except for the stuff I fooled around with myself, back in the 60's. I've seen maybe one or two laser light shows in my life. But most concerts that I have gone to are just standard stage lights. Back in the 60's and early 70's it was mostly psychedelic stuff, nothing really dazzling. Not that it would matter we were already seeing 'the colors, the colors man' Take some of that back though. Alice Cooper had a great stage effect and lights as well. That was the only concert I've been to in 30 years, except minor park district type acts. Kansas, Steppenwolf, Marshall Tucker Band, Guess Who, all old classic rock acts with no real lighting effects. Although Kansas had an awesome sound system that no other park district type act could ever think of matching.

I found something on TSO's website in the fan section. I think that the East Coast line up is going to be Chris Caffery and Alex Skolnik. 🤘 Very Happy 🤘 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I am so excited that that I can hardly wait. I have been watching the DVD.

By the way, I understand that there are a couple bootleg TSO concert videos out there. If anyone knows how to hook me up, pleas PM me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:31 pm

Quote :
I think that the East Coast line up is going to be Chris Caffery and Alex Skolnik.

It is...Chris, Alex, Jeff Plate & Johnny Lee Middleton...I saw them in November...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I'd love to see them! They're never gonna get closer than 3 hours, though.

Didn't you drive to Atlanta for PaganFest? The girls would love for their daddy to take them to see TSO. Smile 3 hours ain't nuttin'.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Quote :
It is...Chris, Alex, Jeff Plate & Johnny Lee Middleton...I saw them in November...

I hope Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL will be the East Coast line up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:12 pm

I wish they would indicate who is playing what show on their website...
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I wish they would indicate who is playing what show on their website...

The best that I could do was become a fan, read the forums and some of the threads indicate the line ups. Someone replied to a thread I posted in and I found out that indeed the Allstate Arena is going to be the East Coast line up. I have been playing Trans-Siberian Orchestra all day.

Here's the reply I got:
Quote :
bgast: Yes, you're getting TSO East. Which means you're getting Chris
Caffery, Alex Skolnick, Johnny Lee Middleton, and Jeff Plate. It's not
exactly Sava, but it's as close as you'll get in 2008... Trans Siberian Orchestra Wink
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:44 pm

I've seen them a few times and they do have a spectacular light show, lots of smoke and pyro. The first half of the show is their standard Christmas presentation but the second half is where it really comes alive with their music. You are not going to be disappointed.

I would love to see the east coast tour someday
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:48 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
I've seen them a few times and they do have a spectacular light show, lots of smoke and pyro. The first half of the show is their standard Christmas presentation but the second half is where it really comes alive with their music. You are not going to be disappointed.

My wife isn't much into metal or hard rock. She did go with me to see Alice Cooper this year. She remembered a lot of songs and was pretty surprised at the age range of the audience. She had made the comment, haven't you grown out of that yet, prior to the show. I wouldn't say that she loved the show or even liked it, but she said it wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be. I actually saw her smiling on a few songs.

She has heard a few of my TSO abums and seen the DVD and she sort of likes them. I hope this show will be a lot better for her than Alice Cooper was because if I enjoy this show as much as I think that I will, I will probably want to make it an annual affair. 🤘

I am listening to Savatage -- Dead Winter Dead right now.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 pm

I'll see them one of these days, they seem to play around here at least 3 times a year. I have plenty of time.

I wanna see how Oliva's holding up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm

bgast1 wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:

My wife isn't much into metal or hard rock. She did go with me to see Alice Cooper this year. She remembered a lot of songs and was pretty surprised at the age range of the audience. She had made the comment, haven't you grown out of that yet, prior to the show. I wouldn't say that she loved the show or even liked it, but she said it wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be. I actually saw her smiling on a few songs.

She has heard a few of my TSO abums and seen the DVD and she sort of likes them. I hope this show will be a lot better for her than Alice Cooper was because if I enjoy this show as much as I think that I will, I will probably want to make it an annual affair. 🤘

I am listening to Savatage -- Dead Winter Dead right now.

In past years, I've gone with my parents, who are in their 50's and are pretty far removed from their son's headbanging metal. They've enjoyed the TSO show thoroughly. The music is just a part of it. It's a pretty fantastic presentation overall. You don't have to be into metal to like it (but it certainly helps Trans Siberian Orchestra 604261 )

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 pm

They're coming to Rupp Arena in Lexington,Ky the 19th.I'd like to go see them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:54 pm

I was thinking about going to that concert myself Thrasher
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:55 pm

Hey queittype why dont you take me with ya? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra   Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans Siberian Orchestra
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next