Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra

Go down 
+6
Stender
MusicTilDeath
DallasBlack
Smindas
kmorg
bgast1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Empty
PostSubject: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:09 pm

I just got back from seeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra this afternoon at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. All I can say is it is the best concert experience I have ever had in my life. The light show was nothing short of amazing. Chris Caffery worked the crowd really well. They played most of their Christmas stuff and even broke out a couple of Savatage tunes. Hall of the Mountain King, and Believe from Streets. All in all the second half was nothing short of a pure metal onslaught, and my wife actually enjoyed it as well. I cannot wait to go again next year. If I have anything to say about it, it will become an annual event. I also spent tons of money picking up mementos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:38 am

Yes, yes. It is indeed an awesome time. Cool that you got to see the Caffery show. He really is great with the crowd. And I still love that even when they break out with the Savatage tunes, everyone is still loving it. That says so much about marketing--and even psychology--it's not even funny.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:03 am

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here. I soooooooooooo wish they'd take that show to Europe once!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:27 am

What kmorg said. I'd love to see TSO live!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:50 pm

I really need to see them again if their playing Savatage tunes, they didn't do any when I was there Sad .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MusicTilDeath
Metal novice
Metal novice
MusicTilDeath

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:26 pm

I went on the 24th at the Palace, and it was amazing! They played Believe as a tribute to Criss, and I almost cryed. Great great show. I'd deff. see it again.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:35 pm

I think thats really rad that they play old Sava tunes at their shows.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:28 pm

That's awesome, brother. I am glad you had a good time. I guess a TSO show is our generations "Lazer Floyd" show. LOL. Peace.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 pm

I have yet to catch TSO live. I've been wanting to but it's always a case of no money or not able to get off work.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:24 am

Instead of starting a whole new thread I'll just add to this one. I just got back from TSO Laughing
My gf's parents got us tickets and we all went together. At first I wasn't really too excited about it because honestly I rather just have Savatage back together and I know they do some Sava songs but their vocalists just don't cut it for me. I'll have to say that after seeing them tonight I still feel the same way. They didn't really play much savatage except for Back To A Reason, the intro to Hall Of The Mountain King and Christmas Eve (which to me is a Savatage song first). We left as they started playing that song so I'm not sure if they played any others. My gfs parents seemed to be getting ansy to leave so after the 5th time of being asked how I was doing and to let them know when we wanted to leave I just said lets go lol!

As today was getting closer to the show I started to actually get excited about seeing it because I was hoping to hear at least 1 savatage song. The show started out pretty cool. A lot of lights and they were extremely tight as a band almost to the point where it didn't seem real, not one missed note, not one vocal mess up, these guys really have this down to a T. Which is cool. Not too many bands can pull that off especially with a lot of time changes within the songs.

The show started to drag a little when they started to do the story in between every song. After about the 3rd time I've had enough of the story. I didn't really care for the vocalists. They weren't bad but to me I heard Savatage and then hearing these opera like singers singing along with this kind of music didn't really work with me. I liked the instrumental parts the most.

The second part of the show was better where they played a lot more of their instrumentals, but like I said earlier we ended up leaving after the 6 or 7th song from the second set.

One thing I was kind of upset about was about a half hour after the show was over they were going to go out and sign autographs etc. I would have loved to get Chris to sign Dead Winter Dead since I already had Zak and Jeff Plate sign it a few years ago, but I didn't bring it anyway so there went that idea. The songs they were playing tonight didn't really grab me too much so I wasn't going to buy a cd either. Although I did buy a T shirt. I think it has a dragon or something on it wrapped around a guitar. Is the guitar they are using on some of their designs, Criss Olivas guitar? I bought it for that reason thinking thats what it meant.

So in all the show was pretty good I just pretended I was seeing Savatage haha.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 pm

What a travesty! You get to see TSO but had no desire to, I have a desire to see them but can't! On top of that, I would have enjoyed it more than you too!
lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Saw them last year on the Christmas tour and this year on the Beethoven's Last Night tour - loved both shows. Missed them this year....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Saw them last year on the Christmas tour and this year on the Beethoven's Last Night tour - loved both shows. Missed them this year....

I saw the Beethoven tour too. That's were I was able to meet Jeff Scott Soto, Jeff Plate, Johhny Lee Middleton, and Chris Caffery. They recorded the show I was at (Dallas was the last show of the tour) and they said it would be released on DVD. I'm still waiting for news of it's release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra   I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra
Page 1 of 1