Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Empty
PostSubject: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:53 am

My wife and I want to get some cool Christmas music, so we are going to get one of these guys' cds today. Which one should we get? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:04 pm

All the Christmas ones are realy good. I got them all for $2 a piece over the summer but they will certainly be more this time of year.

If you want just one I like the Christmas Attic best, or all 3 x-mas releases are available in a box set with a DVD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:12 pm

firestar wrote:
All the Christmas ones are realy good. I got them all for $2 a piece over the summer but they will certainly be more this time of year.

If you want just one I like the Christmas Attic best, or all 3 x-mas releases are available in a box set with a DVD.

Thanks! So they have stuff besides just Christmas albums? I thought they just did Christmas ones.

I'll probably pick up "Christmas Attic".

🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:15 pm

blackieboy wrote:
firestar wrote:
All the Christmas ones are realy
good. I got them all for $2 a piece over the summer but they will
certainly be more this time of year.

Thanks! So they have stuff besides just Christmas albums? I thought they just did Christmas ones.

🤘

Yes, they have one non-Christmas CD that I am aware of.

Personally, I'd go with Twisted Sister - Twisted Christmas. 🤘

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
firestar wrote:

🤘

You really think TS's Christmas album is better than TSO? My wife and I love the symphonic power metal stuff, so I'm not sure we wouldn't prefer TSO. We love Twisted Sister too though ... hmmm ... now this is gonna be a tough choice heheh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 pm

Yep one non-Christmas CD called Beethoven's Last Night. I like it but not many other people seem to. Another non-xmas cd entitled Night Castle is supossed to be out in summer 08.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:21 pm

I was in WalMart the other day and saw that they are selling an exclusive TSO christmas ep. I think it had about 6 songs on it. Could be a nice sampling of their Chirtmas music if you don't want to buy a full album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was in WalMart the other day and saw that they are selling an exclusive TSO christmas ep. I think it had about 6 songs on it. Could be a nice sampling of their Chirtmas music if you don't want to buy a full album.
Oh yeah? Looks like I'll be heading out to Walmart today.

And definitely get all three Christmas CDs, blackie. They're all really great! And Beethoven's Last Night is excellent. If you like latter day Savatage (Dead Winter Dead and The Wake Of Magellan, in particular), then you should like Beethoven's Last Night. The only thing that's really different is that it comes off as much more theatrical due to the Broadway-like singers and such.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:19 pm

blackieboy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
firestar wrote:

🤘

You
really think TS's Christmas album is better than TSO? My wife and I
love the symphonic power metal stuff, so I'm not sure we wouldn't
prefer TSO. We love Twisted Sister too though ... hmmm ... now this is
gonna be a tough choice heheh.

The Twisted Sister CD is just plain fun IMO. The TSO is a more
'serious' thing. Both are great, but very different. Nothing like the
12 Days of Metal Christmas or the duet "I'll Be Home for Christmas"
with Dee Snider and Doro.

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 3:17 pm

The Twisted Sister CD is just plain fun IMO. The TSO is a more
'serious' thing. Both are great, but very different. Nothing like the
12 Days of Metal Christmas or the duet "I'll Be Home for Christmas"
with Dee Snider and Doro.

ult[/quote]

It's Lita

I'd pick up all 3 TSO cd's and Twisted Christmas if you can

The first two TSO's (christmas eve, christman attic) are the best two, lost christmas is very good too (close second)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks for the input guys! I ended up getting two TSO albums today!!!

I LOVE them too! So does my wife. We got:

The Christmas Attic
and
The Lost Christmas Eve
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Oh yeah? Looks like I'll be heading out to Walmart today.

And definitely get all three Christmas CDs, blackie. They're all really great! And Beethoven's Last Night is excellent. If you like latter day Savatage (Dead Winter Dead and The Wake Of Magellan, in particular), then you should like Beethoven's Last Night. The only thing that's really different is that it comes off as much more theatrical due to the Broadway-like singers and such.

I agree all three are excellent. For me the first one is a sentimental favorite as are most first intoduction albums. The second one is the most emotional, many songs bring tears to my eyes. The third is perhaps the most progressive of the three (if you were to ask me my favorite, I would be unable to decide). Beethoven's Last Night is just as Eyesore said, imagine later Savatage but substitute Zach's voice for broadway singers (although, IMO they are not as over the top as most broadway singers). Next year think about getting the first one, especially if you like the two you got.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks Dallas! I plan on picking up that first one for sure! In fact, I think I'll end up with all of them! I even want to get their non Christmas stuff. I just love classical metal mixed stuff like this.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?   which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd?
Page 1 of 1