Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sepultura - A-LEX

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Required Fields
Gilbert
Troublezone
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
mc666
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:05 am

spectrefate wrote:
It's the same thing about Metallica fans. So there are droves of old fans who hate the new stuff. Big deal. There are droves that love the new stuff. Then there are the fans that love it all. Pick your side and shut up.

Metallica isn't the problem because they play songs from their whole catalog. Sepultura seems to forsake their past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:13 am

Quote :
Metallica isn't the problem because they play songs from their whole catalog. Sepultura seems to forsake their past.

Well their past really isn't relevant anymore. Derrick has been in the band as long as Max. Why play old stuff? I'd rather hear Derrick do new stuff anyway. I see them almost like 2 seperate bands. The Arise and BTR Sepultura and the Derrick stuff. I tend to overlook Chaos AD and Roots as just filler albums. But that's my POV, I understand yours as well, I just disagree with it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:18 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Well their past really isn't relevant anymore. Derrick has been in the band as long as Max. Why play old stuff? I'd rather hear Derrick do new stuff anyway. I see them almost like 2 seperate bands. The Arise and BTR Sepultura and the Derrick stuff. I tend to overlook Chaos AD and Roots as just filler albums. But that's my POV, I understand yours as well, I just disagree with it.

I'm sure there is a reason Andreas is doing his solo stuff if you know what i mean. I think they're a sinking ship.

Last edited by troublezone on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:20 am

I don't know. Sepultura is Andreas' band at this point.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 am

spectrefate wrote:
I see them almost like 2 seperate bands. The Arise and BTR Sepultura and the Derrick stuff. I tend to overlook Chaos AD and Roots as just filler albums.
this sums it up for me as well.

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:23 am

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Fans have no say whatsoever
Sure they do, they can stop going to their shows or buying their records.
But they don't, do they? Maybe, just maybe, some people actually like what Sepultura is doing now. Shocking. But there are those, the people that have never seen the band live and just download their albums, that will tear the band down no matter what. It's nonsense.

Quote :
Quote :
They're not a death-thrash band anymore
Then maybe it's time for Derrick to start crooning or rap. He like to use the bark or growl or whatever so if they are so far removed from their past let them really remove themselves. If they have that attitude like you do about not caring about the fans that made them what they are then they can do a nice press release telling the fans off.
Complete nonsense yet again. Who said the band doesn't care about the fans? They're TEN YEARS REMOVED from the style that you want. Now you want the band to start rapping and put out a press release telling the fans off? On what planet does that make sense? This band has been different for a decade, yet they owe it to the fans that made them what they are? Are they still a death-thrash band? Didn't think so.

So with your theory, they actually are giving the fans what they want--the new stuff. Because that's what they are now.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:27 am

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
If you go to a show, you're not there to see a band play certain songs. That's a huge misconception among music fans. You pay to see the band PLAY. Simple as that. What they play is up to them.
That's a lie. Go to a Maiden show or a Priest or Sabbath show and see how many new songs the bands will play. They know a big reason that fans pay to see them is to hear some of the hits or their favorite songs. At most they will mix a few new songs in the set to introduce them to the audience and get a reation.
A lie? It is not a lie at all. It is fact. You think a fan has a right to hear certain songs when a band has 20 albums? That makes no sense. The fan pays to see the band live. What the band plays is solely up to the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:03 am

troublezone wrote:

That's a lie. Go to a Maiden show or a Priest or Sabbath show and see how many new songs the bands will play. They know a big reason that fans pay to see them is to hear some of the hits or their favorite songs. At most they will mix a few new songs in the set to introduce them to the audience and get a reation.

Not for nuthin' but Maiden have always been very stubborn about playing a LOT of new material live. Yea, they mix in the hits but the current album they're pushing usually gets heavily represented. When I saw'em on the BRAVE NEW WORLD tour they must've played at least half of that album, and hell, when they toured A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH they played that album in its entirety!!

Of course, they balance it out by doing "hits tours" like this year's SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME gigs but for the most part, Maiden have never been a band to just play one or two "token" new songs and then nothin' but hits. Hell, I never heard them do "Run To the Hills" live until this past summer and that was my third Maiden show...!

But anyway, to try and git this thread back on topic... listened to it again last night and man, that new Sepultura album still blows goats.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Fans have no say whatsoever
Sure they do, they can stop going to their shows or buying their records.
But they don't, do they? Maybe, just maybe, some people actually like what Sepultura is doing now. Shocking. But there are those, the people that have never seen the band live and just download their albums, that will tear the band down no matter what. It's nonsense.

Quote :
Quote :
They're not a death-thrash band anymore
Then maybe it's time for Derrick to start crooning or rap. He like to use the bark or growl or whatever so if they are so far removed from their past let them really remove themselves. If they have that attitude like you do about not caring about the fans that made them what they are then they can do a nice press release telling the fans off.
Complete nonsense yet again. Who said the band doesn't care about the fans? They're TEN YEARS REMOVED from the style that you want. Now you want the band to start rapping and put out a press release telling the fans off? On what planet does that make sense? This band has been different for a decade, yet they owe it to the fans that made them what they are? Are they still a death-thrash band? Didn't think so.

So with your theory, they actually are giving the fans what they want--the new stuff. Because that's what they are now.

OK you're right, they should never play the old stuff just the new material. The fans wanna hear music they're not familiar with. The fans have no say because they're mindless robots. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 am

Quote :
Maybe, just maybe, some people actually like what Sepultura is doing now. Shocking. But there are those, the people that have never seen the band live and just download their albums, that will tear the band down no matter what. It's nonsense.

Who said i tear them down? I think they're fine just not as good as the Max days. I've never downloaded their stuff and i've seen them live before back in 2000 at (Tattoo the Earth) and they were fine minus the thin guitar sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 pm

troublezone wrote:
OK you're right, they should never play the old stuff just the new material. The fans wanna hear music they're not familiar with. The fans have no say because they're mindless robots. Rolling Eyes
Yawn.

You can't "win" an argument by responding with things like this. I never said they should never play the old stuff. I said there is no reason they should not play the new stuff. The new stuff, whether you like it or not, is far more revelant than the old stuff, especially considering how far removed the band is from that early material.

And considering that Sepultura still pulls a decent crowd, I'd say that those in the crowd are plenty familiar with the new material. Just because you aren't, or you dislike it, means little.

I also never said fans are mindless robots. But if you'd like to carry on making things up, have at it. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:58 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Maybe, just maybe, some people actually like what Sepultura is doing now. Shocking. But there are those, the people that have never seen the band live and just download their albums, that will tear the band down no matter what. It's nonsense.
Who said i tear them down? I think they're fine just not as good as the Max days. I've never downloaded their stuff and i've seen them live before back in 2000 at (Tattoo the Earth) and they were fine minus the thin guitar sound.
Who said? You did, by way of all your replies here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Wow. This thread has taken some real twists and turns since I last chimed in. I wish I had something more to say about it, but I don't. Here's a pic of puppy rocking out instead...

Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 LittleDogsRock

No word on whether he's listening to old or new Sepultura. Sure looks happy though.

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey, I'm not angry. It's all good. I have issues. This is me when I was a little girl.

That's how I still roll. I keeps it real.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:57 pm

I like Sepultura with Derrick Green but it is not my favorite, I am not blaming Derrick Green but IMO after Max left the band they have failed to grow as songwriters since "The Roots" .
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:12 pm

manny wrote:
I like Sepultura with Derrick Green but it is
not my favorite, I am not blaming Derrick Green but IMO after Max left
the band they have failed to grow as songwriters since "The Roots" .
really? i feel they've expanded quite a bit.

Last edited by mc666 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Quote :
You can't "win" an argument by responding with things like this

So this is some kind of game or sport for you?

Quote :
I never said they should never play the old stuff

See quote below... you didn't say the word "never" but it's insinuated.

Quote :
Why should the band play old stuff?

Last edited by troublezone on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :

So are you saying that comment wasn't in some way directed at me? Since i'm the only one standing against your opinion who were you refering to?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Quote :
especially considering how far removed the band is from that early material.

How far back is "early"? It's not that far removed from Chaos A.D.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hey, I'm not angry. It's all good. I have issues. This is me when I was a little girl.

That's how I still roll. I keeps it real.

That actually explains a lot... Razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:08 pm

had to download this to hear for myself. i am loving this album. every song rips, with exception of the track Ludwig Van which sounds like a Savatage/TSO rip off & is totally out of place on the record. other than that, i think the album is actually better than Dante! can't wait for the release.

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:17 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
You can't "win" an argument by responding with things like this
So this is some kind of game or sport for you?
A game? You're making things up. It's called integrity. If you think it's okay to attribute nonsense to me and insist I said certain things then you're out of your mind.

Quote :
Quote :
I never said they should never play the old stuff
See quote below... you didn't say the word "never" but it's insinuated.
Why should the band play old stuff?
Good call. You just proved me right. I don't "insinuate" anything. I say it, flat out, in black and white. There is no middle ground with me. If people don't like it, too bad, but you can't just make things up and pull the "I know what you really meant" argument.

If I felt Sepultura should never play their old stuff, it would say EXACTLY that.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:18 pm

troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :
So are you saying that comment wasn't in some way directed at me? Since i'm the only one standing against your opinion who were you refering to?
I'm saying that, in this thread, you have been tearing down Sepultura.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:18 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
especially considering how far removed the band is from that early material.
How far back is "early"? It's not that far removed from Chaos A.D.
Yes it is. Chaos A.D. came out FIFTEEN years ago.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I'm saying that, in this thread, you have been tearing down Sepultura.

You call saying i like Max better "tearing down"? I mentioned the Croon /rap comment as a response to your style change argument. I don't see them doing all that much different vocal wise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next