Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sepultura - KAIROS

Go down 
+18
Chairman_Smith
Lurideath
bassman
thrashindeed
nevermore
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
rawr!
Wargod
Jesusandmetal23
Troublezone
MoonChild
Eyesore
mc666
stevegarveyfan
Stender
GrandNational
Gilbert
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

New Sepultura - KAIROS Empty
PostSubject: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Just read it on metal-archives.com

Sepultura's new album KAIROS will be released on June 24, 2011.

What are your expectations?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:03 pm

About as high as thinking Metallica will sound like they did on their first 3 albums for their next album.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:47 pm

this is the new sh!t. I dunno, pretty boring.

Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Boring as heck. No wonder I haven't listened to them since Arise.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:33 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Boring as heck. No wonder I haven't listened to them since Arise.

Chaos AD was okay I thought. I dont think that derrik green guy is a very good vocalist.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Sepultura is a different monster than they used to be. i like the Green material a lot. he has more of a Hardcore styled voice, which fits their sound really well. the only weak album they've had with him was Nation which still wasn't as bad as Roots.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:28 pm

mc666 wrote:
Sepultura is a different monster than they used to be. i like the Green material a lot. he has more of a Hardcore styled voice, which fits their sound really well. the only weak album they've had with him was Nation which still wasn't as bad as Roots.
Gotta agree. They're a different band now, and I think they've done some really good albums with Green.

I also dig the new song. There are better, clearer clips on YouTube than the one posted above. You just gotta sift through a bunch of crappy-sounding clips.

Either way, no sense in comparing the early stuff to the new stuff. Or even the mid-period stuff.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:07 am

I am looking forward for Sepultura.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:39 am

Sounds like a attempt to recapture the Chaos AD sound.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:46 pm

IMO this isn't Sepultura.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:44 pm

I lost all interest in the band the day Max Cavalera quit.

I got interested in soulfly and cavalera conspiracy, but even these two bands are becoming a bit repetitive and boring...
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:54 pm

I've never cared for Sepultura. It's kinda like me and Metallica never cared much for them either. Why? I don't know, it's just some bands don't turn your crank and Metallica is one of them.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I've never cared for Sepultura. It's kinda like me and Metallica never cared much for them either. Why? I don't know, it's just some bands don't turn your crank and Metallica is one of them.

Wargod52

I agree with you about Metallica...

Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:25 pm

i heard a few songs off kairos (live) the other day and they didnt seem very.....substantial to me. maybe its just the style, which i dont have any particular inclination towards, but i was bored. i never listen to new sepultura, really.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:49 am

You're in good company, to most of us the final nail in Sepultura's coffin (funny considering the meaning of the name) was Roots.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:34 am

They had a good run from SCHIZOPHRENIA thru CHAOS A.D. but then ROOTS stopped this band dead as far as I'm concerned.

I gave them a fair shot when Derrick Green debuted on AGAINST but that one was pretty dull, the last thing I heard was A-LEX and that one was simply irritating.

I'm done with these guys.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:08 pm

The 2 new songs I heard had a Chaos AD vibe to me.
Back to top Go down
thrashindeed
Metal novice
Metal novice
thrashindeed

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:00 pm

I have long since been a lurker on the Heart of Metal forums and decided I should start contributing. For you guys interested in the new Sepultura album they posted a soundcloud of the title track of their upcoming album. The guitar tone sounds promising to me! http://soundcloud.com/sepulturacombr/kairos
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:14 pm

thrashindeed wrote:
I have long since been a lurker on the Heart of Metal forums and decided I should start contributing. For you guys interested in the new Sepultura album they posted a soundcloud of the title track of their upcoming album. The guitar tone sounds promising to me! http://soundcloud.com/sepulturacombr/kairos
i like what i hear.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:58 am

Even Max's solo path has become quite boring.

Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy's latest releases brought nothing new to me.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:08 am

That song very nearly put me to sleep, nothing about it stands out in any way.

other than how boring it is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 4:32 pm

I'll pass!
Back to top Go down
thrashindeed
Metal novice
Metal novice
thrashindeed

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:30 pm

I have to agree that the track they released sounds like a stripped down chaos A.D. song, but I am hopeful about the rest of the album. I think it is missing Igor's crazy drum fills. Also, I liked the first cavalera conspiracy release but the second one was dull to me, maybe I have to listen to it more.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:22 am

I was listening to Dead Embryonic Cells on my way to work this morning.

I really miss those great Sepultura years Sad
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I was listening to Dead Embryonic Cells on my way to work this morning.

I really miss those great Sepultura years Sad

Land of anger
I didn't ask to be born
Sadness, Sorrow
Everything is so alone
Laboratory sickness
Infects humanity
No hope, for a cure
Die by technology

We're born
With pain
No more