Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Next Iron Maiden album

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
mez
INVADERS
Glenn Rogers
Lurideath
Thrasher73
XYZ
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
sam
thejokeriv
Smindas
manny
Temple of Blood
AngelRipper16
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:42 am

I like Brave New World and Dance of Death, as a matter a fact I admire the fact that have moved forward and don't pretend it is still 1988. Great albums which I need to give more spins to.

As far as the Blaze albums when they were originally released I hated them, I thought that Iron Maiden had made a mistake with hiring Blaze, but over the years my view as softened and I actually enjoy those albums now. Amazing what a little space of time can do to make one reevaluate old opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 am

The last Maiden album I really liked was Seventh Son, every album since has a few tracks here or there that interest me, but as a whole I wouldn't rate any of them higher than 2 1/2 stars.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:48 am

manny wrote:

As far as the Blaze albums when they were originally released I hated them, I thought that Iron Maiden had made a mistake with hiring Blaze, but over the years my view as softened and I actually enjoy those albums now. Amazing what a little space of time can do to make one reevaluate old opinions.

I still don't like X FACTOR much (save for the track "Man on the Edge") but VIRTUAL XI has grown on me over the years. Still not one of my "go-to" discs when I reach for a Maiden album but it's not as godawful as I thought it was when it was a new release either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Actually after a longer period of time I started enjoying the Blaze discs too. And now ehn I'm sitting here I realize I like "Virtual XI" a whole lot better then "Killers" (not thatmuch a fan of their raw early and "punkish" attitude).

As for their newest, I wouldn't want another AMOLAD. Because Maiden has already done that one. If they give me some "Brave New World" or "Dance Of Death"-style songs again, I will be very pleased. But the 9 minutes epics from their last albums were masterpieces in my opinion. Wouldn't cry if some more of those came around again. As long as it seems worked with and not rushed, and as long as there is diversity, I think the next one will be good.

I'm a bit sad they're not doing the album next year (as Bruce said at the concert) but I still look forward to it, and I'm going to try NOT to have highest hopes ever. After all, it's Maiden.

🤘
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:13 pm

detuned wrote:
The last Maiden album I really liked was Seventh Son, every album since has a few tracks here or there that interest me, but as a whole I wouldn't rate any of them higher than 2 1/2 stars.

I would have to agree. Seventh Son was the album that, for me, was the downward turn for Maiden. The songs got longer and incredibly repetitive. I was hoping for a change when Brave New World came out but alas they still repeat their chorus' over and over and over and over until they milk 6 minutes out of a track.
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
detuned wrote:

I would have to agree. Seventh Son was the album that, for me, was the downward turn for Maiden. The songs got longer and incredibly repetitive. I was hoping for a change when Brave New World came out but alas they still repeat their chorus' over and over and over and over until they milk 6 minutes out of a track.

In my opinion, "No Prayer For The Dying" was the first album to go downwards (and I like that album). I think "Seventh Son" is incredibly thought through with a lot of stuff going on in their music. Also, their last CD was a bit long and it took a while before it started to grow on me but once it did, it was a masterpiece. And I don't mind that they do long songs. As long as they are putting so many interesting compositions riffs and melodies, and really make the arrangements of the songs work, I'm happy with it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 pm

spectrefate wrote:
manny wrote:
I like Brave New World and Dance of Death but I do not find myself revisting those albums very often.

The last three discs along with Somewhere In Time and Fear Of The Dark are the only ones I really listen to anymore. I may be burnt out on the others for life. Sad

I still need to hear the Blaze albums, but I'm not in a rush.

I love Fear Of The Dark. It was my first Maiden album and after SIT and SSOASS it is my favorite album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 am

I liked Brave New World but after that they have been getting a bit stale. They need to bring back the fun in their music.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:30 am

I love the new releases! AMOLAD being my favorite of the 3 newer ones. I guess we can't even call it "reunion" disc anymore, it's been almost 10 years since Bruce and Adrian re-joined the fold. Now, it's just Maiden.

I have to be in a mood to listen to no prayer, the start of the downward spiral. My biggest issue with it is the production - it's weak production. Fear Of The Dark was a better album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:38 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I love the new releases! AMOLAD being my favorite of the 3 newer ones. I guess we can't even call it "reunion" disc anymore, it's been almost 10 years since Bruce and Adrian re-joined the fold. Now, it's just Maiden.

I have to be in a mood to listen to no prayer, the start of the downward spiral. My biggest issue with it is the production - it's weak production. Fear Of The Dark was a better album.

The production on Dance Of Death is horrid as well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:42 am

The worst production on any Iron Maiden is X Factor, the album sounds dry and lifeless. It sounds like it was released uncompleted or they released their demo as the CD.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:36 am

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

The production on Dance Of Death is horrid as well.

I think it's the mix or mastering, it's turned all weird. The highly process sound of 128kbps on my Ipod makes it sound better, but it just sounds all compressed and not turned up as loud as DM (well, nothing is loud as DM on CD)
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:03 pm

mez wrote:
I think they biggest concern out of it all is Steve Harris has always been dead set on only making 15 studio albums, nothing more. This next one is 15. So I hope he decides not to stop there.

Where did you hear that? I've followed Maiden since 82 and I've not heard that at all.

Adrian wrote a lot of Maiden's Hits.... Two Minutes/Flight of Icarus/Wasted Years/Stranger in A Strange Land/The Evil that Men Do.....

Clearly Harris steers the ship but it always strikes me that they do move as a band musically.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:04 pm

manny wrote:
The worst production on any Iron Maiden is X Factor, the album sounds dry and lifeless. It sounds like it was released uncompleted or they released their demo as the CD.

The guitars have no balls. They have no energy to 'em and aren't upfront...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
LockedUp
Metal novice
Metal novice
LockedUp

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Hope their next album will be as good as their last 3. I liked every album they've put out since Bruce and Adrian came back.

Just hope the don't repeat the sound of Dance Of Death...the mastering or something seemed off to me, like the album was sort of muffled sounding
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:09 am

LockedUp wrote:
Hope their next album will be as good as their last 3. I liked every album they've put out since Bruce and Adrian came back.

Just hope the don't repeat the sound of Dance Of Death...the mastering or something seemed off to me, like the album was sort of muffled sounding

I really like the guitar sound on that album. The guitars are a bit darker and it fits so good with "Dance Of Death" and "Paschendale".
Back to top Go down
LockedUp
Metal novice
Metal novice
LockedUp

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 am

AngelRipper16 wrote:
LockedUp wrote:

I really like the guitar sound on that album. The guitars are a bit darker and it fits so good with "Dance Of Death" and "Paschendale".

It's not the sounds of the instruments or the mix that bothers me. To my ears, the overall CD sort of has a "dull" sound to it. Not sure how really to describe it, but it doesn't sound bright enough to me. I've never noticed that on other Maiden albums.

The songs and playing and everything are great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Next Iron Maiden album
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3