Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Next Iron Maiden album

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
mez
INVADERS
Glenn Rogers
Lurideath
Thrasher73
XYZ
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
sam
thejokeriv
Smindas
manny
Temple of Blood
AngelRipper16
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
and of course, for 2 albums, missing Bruce. but missing Bruce and Adrian's influence = what people consider Maiden's worst efforts.

Not me.

Well, I should have said what some people consider their worst efforts. I still can't get past Blaze's vocals - they just aren't Maiden for me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
And Harris is the one who's the big Prog/Jethro Tull fan...he's the one that gives them thier Prog tendencies...

Not to mention YES and RUSH. I tend to think of Adrian as a "rock" guy and never cared for his songwriting as much. And there were a lot of long tracks on non-Adrian albums like "X-Factor" for example.

Yeah...Harris is the one who gives them that Prog stamp they've found...Adrian writes riffs...

I heard Harris was a big DREAM THEATER fan too, which is why he auditioned James LaBrie after Dickinson left and why he wanted to work with producer Kevin Shirley.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
and of course, for 2 albums, missing Bruce. but missing Bruce and Adrian's influence = what people consider Maiden's worst efforts.

Not me.

Well, I should have said what some people consider their worst efforts. I still can't get past Blaze's vocals - they just aren't Maiden for me.

What about Dianno?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Iron Maiden have nothing left to prove, and Adrian Smith wrote the classic riff to "Wasted Years", it is good combo of Steve Harris's prog tendencies and Adrian Smith's punter attitude.

I don't hate X Factor and Virtual X (or whatever it is called) but they are the worst albums in Iron Maiden's discography IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Not me.

What about Dianno?

Dianno is a kick ass vocalist on the first Iron Maiden platters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:00 pm

Adrian is actually the better "songwriter" in my opinion (2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, etc)...Harris is the better instrumental writer, but too many of Harris' songs start to blend together after awhile...there's only so many gallop riffs a band can pull off.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:01 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Not me.

What about Dianno?

Dianno is a kick ass vocalist on the first Iron Maiden platters

I think Bayley is just as good but just didn't fit as well in that "epic metal" mold. If he had sung on shorter, catchier material like the Dianno stuff it would've worked better IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:57 pm

I don't care what anyone thinks. Give me more Maiden....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:35 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
I don't care what anyone thinks. Give me more Maiden....

Heck yeah!!!!!

On Dianno - he was great on the first two albums, but he wouldn;t have worked on TNOTB and on. Bruce is my favorite Maiden vocalist. I wish I could go see them again on the third leg of the tour, but don;t have the cash to buy a ticket, airplane ticket, hotel rental car, etc to go another cpuntry to see them, but it would be fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:04 am

I'm looking forward to a new album, but you can gaurentee it's gonna be like the last two albums, 2 shorter, fastish songs, and 8 or 9 long, progressive songs.

I wish they would just write an of 8 songs, the way they used to. some long songs, mostly shorter fun songs.

but we'll see....
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:52 am

I think they biggest concern out of it all is Steve Harris has always been dead set on only making 15 studio albums, nothing more. This next one is 15. So I hope he decides not to stop there.

Anyhow to answer the question, I would love a dbl album ala concept. I would love a 7th son story style again but go all out and make this thing dbl album, give it lengthy songs with a couple shorter rock/hit songs to appease everyone. PLEASE Bruce dont try to sing so high as you did on the last album. I had a hard time adjusting to his higher vocal range on the first half of "Matter of Life" album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:33 am

Quote :
I heard Harris was a big DREAM THEATER fan too, which is why he auditioned James LaBrie after Dickinson left

Really? I've never heard that...

Is this like the Ralf Scheepers "audition" with JUDAS PRIEST that never happened?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:37 am

mez wrote:

Anyhow to answer the question, I would love a dbl album ala concept. I would love a 7th son story style again but go all out and make this thing dbl album, give it lengthy songs with a couple shorter rock/hit songs to appease everyone.

I'm with you, I'd love a concept record from Maiden. but a double disc concept album pleases hardly anyone. Read the Judas Priest Nostradamus or Manowar Gods of War threads on this board and I think you'll get a general feel about what metal fans think of lengthy involved concept records.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:23 am

I think Nostradamus was a case of a band who'd done samey material for so long throwing a curve ball and catching fans off guard. IRON MAIDEN have always had a sort of epic/storytelling nature to a lot of their material so a full on concept album wouldn't be too much of a stretch, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think Nostradamus was a case of a band who'd done samey material for so long throwing a curve ball and catching fans off guard. IRON MAIDEN have always had a sort of epic/storytelling nature to a lot of their material so a full on concept album wouldn't be too much of a stretch, IMO.

Good point. But I think alot of folks would still cry foul at an IM concept extravaganza.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 am

spectrefate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Good point. But I think alot of folks would still cry foul at an IM concept extravaganza.

True...but a lot of fans have complained about every album since after Bruce left the first time...reunion albums included...can't please everyone...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:42 am

No matter how it's done, I will get anything Maiden puts out. I have never hated any of their albums. Even my least favorites (s/t and Virtual XI) are still good albums IMO.

:metal: Up The Irons!!! :metal:
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:14 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

True...but a lot of fans have complained about every album since after Bruce left the first time...reunion albums included...can't please everyone...

Actually, people started complaining when SIT came out (synths in Maiden?), then when SSOASS came out and Can I Play With Madness (too poppy), then No Prayer, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Though I've liked each of the albums Maiden has done Since Bruce rejoined, none of them has held a candle to Bruce's ACCIDENT OF BIRTH or CHEMICAL WEDDING solo discs, IMO

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:19 am

spectrefate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I think they'd only cry foul if it was 2 CDs long with a lot of pointless interludes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Though I've liked each of the albums Maiden has done Since Bruce rejoined, none of them has held a candle to Bruce's ACCIDENT OF BIRTH or CHEMICAL WEDDING solo discs, IMO

I'd have to agree with this. I really tried to like the last couple Maiden discs but in all honesty they bored me silly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:27 am

detuned wrote:

I'd have to agree with this. I really tried to like the last couple Maiden discs but in all honesty they bored me silly.

ACCIDENT and CHEMICAL were all killer, no filler. BRAVE NEW WORLD, DANCE OF DEATH and A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH all had a few killers but quite a few fillers as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:32 am

I like Brave New World and Dance of Death but I do not find myself revisting those albums very often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:34 am

manny wrote:
I like Brave New World and Dance of Death but I do not find myself revisting those albums very often.

The last three discs along with Somewhere In Time and Fear Of The Dark are the only ones I really listen to anymore. I may be burnt out on the others for life. Sad

I still need to hear the Blaze albums, but I'm not in a rush.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:38 am

manny wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I still like those albums (and A MATTER OF LIFE & DEATH too) but most of the time, when I'm in a Maiden mood I still reach for POWERSLAVE or SEVENTH SON

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Next Iron Maiden album
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next