Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?

Go down 
+16
7thSaviour
Troublezone
YngwieDokkenfan
manny
TheGooch
the sentinel
sam
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
tohostudios
DeathCult
MetalRob331
Metal Misfit
nevermore
MetalGuy71
XYZ
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Because they suck.

No, seriously, my reason is that their music is so bland and boring yet was forced down the throats of anyone listening to so-called "alternative" radio stations back in the day.

For my money, every frickin' song sounds exactly the same and Scott Stapp's morose vocal style was the prototype for vocalists in bands like Nickleback, Staind, Cold and half a dozen other "corporate metal" bands.

All started by this overhyped, crap band called Creed.

Not that I'm bitter or anything....

The one reason i loved Creed was the diversity in Marks playing. His riffs combined with the clean passages were amazing to me. I guess i'm one of the few that find there music great and don't think the songs sound similar.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yay! A Creed reunion?? That means even more boring generic arena rock!! It's a Festivus miracle!!

Laughing very hard

Man, I am so glad I'm not by myself in my disdain for this band and the genre they helped proliferate. On some boards, I'm the one of very few how hate on this band.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:07 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Because they suck.

No, seriously, my reason is that their music is so bland and boring yet was forced down the throats of anyone listening to so-called "alternative" radio stations back in the day.

For my money, every frickin' song sounds exactly the same and Scott Stapp's morose vocal style was the prototype for vocalists in bands like Nickleback, Staind, Cold and half a dozen other "corporate metal" bands.

All started by this overhyped, crap band called Creed.

Not that I'm bitter or anything....

The one reason i loved Creed was the diversity in Marks playing. His riffs combined with the clean passages were amazing to me. I guess i'm one of the few that find there music great and don't think the songs sound similar.

Hey, more power too you bro.

This band just happens to be at the top of my hit list mainly because their music helped widen the door to additional corporate rock atrocities like Nickleback and Staind. I think record companies saw that ramming Creed down the public's throat generated platinum sales so why not try it over and over again with a gazillion other band producing the same bland sound.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This band just happens to be at the top of my hit list mainly because their music helped widen the door to additional corporate rock atrocities like Nickleback and Staind.

While that may be true, they also gave us Alter Bridge, and they rock. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Yay! A Creed reunion?? That means even more boring generic arena rock!! It's a Festivus miracle!!

Laughing very hard

Man, I am so glad I'm not by myself in my disdain for this band and the genre they helped proliferate. On some boards, I'm the one of very few how hate on this band.

Hate for a band is fine everyone has there reasons. Creed was just very successful in a very short period of time and with success comes mainstream hatred. I for one don;t think the Reunion is going to happen as Mark Tremonti has stated 1000 times that he wants to stay as far away from Creed as possible. This is just a rumor as was Chinese Democracy being released in 1994 look how long that took..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

To be honest, I never fully listened to Alterbridge because of the principles involved.

It would have been a waste of my time because I couldn't get past the Creed stigma.

What I've heard of Alterbridge was at least not a clone of Creed so I give them credit for that but it also didn't prompt me to run out and buy anything by them.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:14 pm

it's all for the greed, when you get past the "love for the music" bullcrap.

oh, by the way...Alterbridge sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:16 pm

sam wrote:
it's all for the greed, when you get past the "love for the music" bullcrap.

oh, by the way...Alterbridge sucks.

Yeah, that's what I thought about the stuff I heard from them too. But I also distinctly remember thinking, "Well, it's better than Creed at least."

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
To be honest, I never fully listened to Alterbridge because of the principles involved.

It would have been a waste of my time because I couldn't get past the Creed stigma.

What I've heard of Alterbridge was at least not a clone of Creed so I give them credit for that but it also didn't prompt me to run out and buy anything by them.

I think you're missing out bigtime. They have one of the best singers out there period ( See video below ) Mark's guitar playing is insane and this band is filled with so much talent. I would say try Blackbird and i think its so good I'd buy you a copy.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

OMG! Creed/Nickelback tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodluck:

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:24 pm

OK, I listened to that track. I'm pretty sure that's one someone sent me before. While it's not horrible, what I hear is the typical songwriting of "corporate metal". Stuff like, let's have a really metal verse, then slow it up suddenly in the bridge to the chorus, leading to a totally generic "corporate rock" chorus melody.

I could write this stuff myself I think.

OK, maybe not but I'm sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

Still light years better than Creed though.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
OK, I listened to that track. I'm pretty sure that's one someone sent me before. While it's not horrible, what I hear is the typical songwriting of "corporate metal". Stuff like, let's have a really metal verse, then slow it up suddenly in the bridge to the chorus, leading to a totally generic "corporate rock" chorus melody.

I could write this stuff myself I think.

OK, maybe not but I'm sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

Still light years better than Creed though.

AH well since you put it that way, this song ranks up there with Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, Free Bird, and all the other epic classics. One of the best songs ever IMO. I dont think the bands now a days are releasing songs like this anymore. Yes Def, better then Creed

Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:37 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
This song ranks up there with Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, Free Bird, and all the other epic classics.

Hey now, let's not get carried away. It's a good song, but to say it's in the same league as Stargazer is pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:39 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

AH well since you put it that way, this song ranks up there with Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, Free Bird, and all the other epic classics. One of the best songs ever IMO.

Okay, I bet that's sarcasm, but that is f'd up. Shocked
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Schbopo wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

AH well since you put it that way, this song ranks up there with Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, Free Bird, and all the other epic classics. One of the best songs ever IMO.

Ya know, I think you're onto something there Shamu. I originally read that as a serious post and thought, "Yeah, whatever...we all have different opinions".

Now that I re-read that post, I'm not sure what to think. I almost think I should be pissed off but I can't be because this is only a message board full of mostly anonymous posters so why should I care.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Schbopo wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

nah i actually like it better then Stairway and Hotel, and real close to FreeBird. It gets to me a lil more then those other 2. You have to understand this is fresh it's new therefore it grabs me in more and the 2 solos in it are amazing. I have heard those other songs 5000 times and hearing something imo as epic and just as brilliant is why i stated my comment. Those other songs are amazing as well..

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks for clarifying MR331.

I still think you need to clean your ears out but at least I know you were being serious. Very Happy

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:19 pm

I own their first 3 albums, but I honestly haven't spun them in years. Peace.

And, MetalRob331, you rock on, brother!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:23 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I own their first 3 albums, but I honestly haven't spun them in years. Peace.

And, MetalRob331, you rock on, brother!!! Very Happy

Yeah MR 331, you like what you like and more power to ya!

These message boards are just about opinions and I refuse to get mad if another poster doesn't agree with me. I hope everyone else here has the same spirit; I didn't mean to offend anyone with my vitriole about how I hate Creed. If you like them, good for you. I don't.

Simple as that.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:29 pm

no worries music is about peoples musical preferences i love all those songs i mentioned. If we get mad over peoples opinions then we shouldnt be here. Peoples opionions is what makes us special.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:20 pm

apparenlty blink 182 and faith no more are to reunite next year. blink 182 can stay defunct cos they are terrible. would like to see fnm though
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:45 pm

Creed were ok, but it has only been 4 years, not exactly the reunion of the year. I think that Mark would have been better off with Alter Bridge and just be content in collecting Creed royalities.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:48 pm

TheGooch wrote:
apparenlty blink 182 and faith no more are to reunite next year. blink 182 can stay defunct cos they are terrible. would like to see fnm though

FNM is the shiz! but Blink sucks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:27 pm

i will agree on that
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:20 am

Considering they were a late '90s/early part of this musically crappy decade band, they aren't too bad. Far better than Nickelback and all of the other bands who sound exactly like Nickelback. At least Creed sounds like Pearl Jam, which is better than the Nickelback sound-alike, 0% talent contest.

Nickelback= :eyesore:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?   The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Reunion Tour Ever: CREED!?!?!?!?!?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next