Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Ozzy

Go down 
+17
Metal Misfit
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
Troublezone
iamrockerfun
ghost
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
journeyman
ultmetal
mc666
Thrasher73
Lurideath
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Lame.

Quote :
OZZY OSBOURNE's latest album, "Black Rain", is being reissued today (Tuesday, August 14) by Epic in a new jewel-case package containing the full booklet with lyrics and new color cover art and photos. It will also contain CD extra bonus content featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the "Black Rain" photo shoot.

"Black Rain", which originally came out on May 22, was released in "eco-friendly" packaging, with the CD sleeve made out of recycled paper. In addition, the record came out without a booklet to further save paper, with the lyrics, credits and other inside material available to buyers of the CD at SonyMusic.com.

"Black Rain" features several songs based on current events and the state of the world in general. But Osbourne told The Pulse of Radio that he hasn't turned into an "issues-oriented" artist. "Believe me, I've not suddenly woken up and I'm sane," he said. "But I'm not one of these guys that can write about boy-meets-girl and, I mean, it's got to mean something to me. I don't write all the lyrics, but I have to say, 'Well, you know, isn't that strange that that happened when this happened,' you know, and I'll get going, you know."

"Black Rain" debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart, with first-week sales of 152,000 copies.

To download OZZY OSBOURNE's "Black Rain" CD booklet as a PDF file, complete with lyrics, credits and artwork, click here. According to a posting on Ozzy's website, "you must insert the 'Black Rain' CD when prompted in order to be able to complete the download."

angry
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:13 am

what else did you expect? another cash grab of course.

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 am

I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I haven't liked much since No Rest.

No More tears was okay, but got played too much.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:08 am

ultmetal wrote:
Picked it up yesterday. CHEAP packaging. Sort of a miniature
album cover, grey cardboard with black debossed logo. No inserts, no
lyrics, no credits. Weird. Music isn't bad. Does sound a lot like
Zakk's BLS stuff, which I also like. I'm not sure I'd say it's a great
album, but I'll have to see how I feel after hearing it a few more
times.

I bought the import because I refuse to submit to that cardboard crap. Plus it had two bonus tracks
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:06 pm

yes OZZ is awsome. worth to have it and overplayed it ! better, MUST HAVE IT and listen ! i got all tracks in my blood happy saw him alive in June.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Ozzy is awesome dude! I have a Limited Edition T-Shirt from the Ozzy Osborne Crypt. Yeah it's Osborne not Osbourne on this T-Shirt...
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:23 pm

yea i boght this T shirt week or so ago

new Ozzy - Page 4 1183801838
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:28 pm

It's not the same

This is mine:

new Ozzy - Page 4 9d41_1
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:35 am

And again...

Quote :
OZZY OSBOURNE will have his new album, "Black Rain", reissued on November 20 as a "Special Limited-Edition Tour Package" featuring a bonus CD of live tracks and B-sides. The bonus CD includes the following cuts:

01. I Don't Wanna Stop (live)
02. Not Going Away (live)
03. Here For You (live)
04. Nightmare
05. Can't Save You
06. Love To Hate

Click here to pre-order.

"Black Rain" has sold 406,000 copies in the United States since its May 2007 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Seems like this would be the definitive version, but it's pretty lame that in less than a year there have been three versions released in the US.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:33 pm

I guess I'm in the vast minority - but I think "Black Rain" is a killer album. From start to finish!

I've also been an Ozzy fan since the 80s.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say this is actually my favorite album he has put out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:41 pm

blackieboy wrote:
I guess I'm in the vast minority - but I think "Black Rain" is a killer album. From start to finish!

Do you like Black Label Society? The new Ozzy sounds identical but frankly I think that Zakk uses his better riffs/material with BLS. The new Ozzy isn't bad, just not his best. It gets boring IMO. It has a lot of mid-paced, downtuned, sludge riffs and Zakk's signature pinch harmonics, backed by a solid rhythm section.

But hey, what do I know? Most people I know who like Ozzy think Ozzmosis is a terrible CD while I quite like it.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Do you like Black Label Society? The new Ozzy sounds identical but frankly I think that Zakk uses his better riffs/material with BLS. The new Ozzy isn't bad, just not his best IMO. It gets boring IMO. I has a lot of mid-paced, downtuned, sludge riffs and Zakk's signature pinch harmonics, backed by a solid rhythm section.

But hey, what do I know? Most people I know who like Ozzy think Ozzmosis is a terrible CD while I quite like it.

I don't have any BLS cds, but I might pick something up if it sounds like "Black Rain". I have heard a few songs on Headbangers Ball and did like what I heard.

"Ozzmosis" was good IMO. I actually like all of Ozzy's cds. Guess I'm weird that way.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:56 pm

'Black Rain' isn't bad...

Actually, my least favorite Ozzy album is 'No Rest For The Wicked'...
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
'Black Rain' isn't bad...

Actually, my least favorite Ozzy album is 'No Rest For The Wicked'...

I have to agree Shawn. Either "No Rest for the Wicked" or "No More Tears" is my least favorite. Oh - or maybe "Down to Earth".

NRftW was quite overrated. I felt that it lacked in production.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 1:05 pm

'NMT' is a great record, IMO...
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 12:22 pm

I still really like NMT, dont' get me wrong. I wasn't slamming it. I like all of Ozzy's album to one degree or another.

But if I were forced to pick a worse one - I'd have to say personally it would probably be NMT. It's way overproduced (and overrated IMO).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 12:36 pm

I've been hearing the single on the radio (don't even know which title it is and I'm too lazy to look it up) and it doesn't sound too bad. I like BLS so maybe I'll get it (but I'm not paying full price for it). I'm sure it will turn up in the used bins shortly (if it hasn't already)
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm

blackieboy wrote:
I don't have any BLS cds, but I might pick something up if it sounds like "Black Rain". I have heard a few songs on Headbangers Ball and did like what I heard.
Man, BLS is one of my favorite bands. I frickin' love them! I wish Zakk saved the song "Black Rain" for a BLS album. I'd say that song has the closest similarities to the style of BLS, though most of the heavy songs aren't that different. The slow songs, though, don't really remind me of BLS all that much, but that may because of the vocals, I don't know.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm really gonna like BLS.

By the way, wouldn't it go to figure that the new Ozzy Osbourne album would sound like Black Label Society? I mean - go figure - Zakk Wilde is going to bring his influence in right?

By all standards, I think the new Ozzy album should sound like BLS. What else would it sound like if Zakk is in the band?

By the way, the BLS songs I heard were metal - they weren't even nu metal or anything like that. In fact, they reminded me of Ozzy. I guess Zakk is obviously influenced by Ozzy too. It's really a no-brainer that the two would sound alike.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Most people I know who like Ozzy think Ozzmosis is a terrible CD while I quite like it.

I'm with you on that Ult, Ozzmosis is a great CD, I disliked the new one so much I gave it away

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:39 pm

Locky wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Most people I know who like Ozzy think Ozzmosis is a terrible CD while I quite like it.

I'm with you on that Ult, Ozzmosis is a great CD, I disliked the new one so much I gave it away.

And I am glad you did. Very Happy

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:56 pm

blackieboy wrote:
By the way, wouldn't it go to figure that the new Ozzy Osbourne album would sound like Black Label Society? I mean - go figure - Zakk Wilde is going to bring his influence in right?
Well, he's worked on many albums of Ozzy's, but I think now that BLS is so popular the label gave Zakk more freedom to write what he wanted and not what they wanted. I mean, Zakk claims that the label once played him some songs by The Offspring when he was writing for a previous Ozzy album. They wanted him to write crap like that for Ozzy! Haha.

Quote :
By the way, the BLS songs I heard were metal - they weren't even nu metal or anything like that. In fact, they reminded me of Ozzy. I guess Zakk is obviously influenced by Ozzy too. It's really a no-brainer that the two would sound alike.
BLS is not nu-metal, though you'll hear retards online say this. As for the Ozzy sound, Zakk's vocals started to take on a sound similar to Ozzy once he started getting better at singing. He always had the gruff voice, but when his clean vocals got stronger, he sounded like Ozzy. He always sort of did, too, but he never used them a lot on albums. Lately he's been mixing both styles equally.

Either way, BLS is killer, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
Well, he's worked on many albums of Ozzy's, but I think now that BLS is so popular the label gave Zakk more freedom to write what he wanted and not what they wanted. I mean, Zakk claims that the label once played him some songs by The Offspring when he was writing for a previous Ozzy album. They wanted him to write crap like that for Ozzy! Haha.

Quote :
BLS is not nu-metal, though you'll hear retards online say this. As for the Ozzy sound, Zakk's vocals started to take on a sound similar to Ozzy once he started getting better at singing. He always had the gruff voice, but when his clean vocals got stronger, he sounded like Ozzy. He always sort of did, too, but he never used them a lot on albums. Lately he's been mixing both styles equally.

Either way, BLS is killer, if you ask me.

I think I'm going to pick up some BLS soon. What album(s) would you recommend eyesore? Didn't they just release a new one this year also, or was that last year?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 1:54 am

blackieboy wrote:
I think I'm going to pick up some BLS soon. What album(s) would you recommend eyesore? Didn't they just release a new one this year also, or was that last year?

I know I'm not Eyesore, but a good place to start IMO is the Kings of Damnation album. It's a "best of" disc, it's a good introduction into the band. They did release "Shot to Hell" last year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:00 am

Thanks Spiritofradio! I'll try that Kings of Damnation album I think!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new Ozzy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Ozzy
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next