Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?

Go down 
+25
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Troublezone
nevermore
manny
Temple of Blood
fingers
tohostudios
FlyingV
Hamer12
Mglaffas81
Lurideath
mez
the sentinel
powermacho
MetalFRO
muztaine
T-Roy
candlemass
akeldama
7thSecond
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 am

Saw this on Blabber and thought it was interesting. Coming from the mouth of Ozzy, you have to question it's validity, but interesting nonetheless...

Ozzy Osbourne has revealed to Classic Rock magazine that he is currently searching for a new guitarist for his solo band.

Classic Rock caught up with Osbourne last week at the Slash & Friends gig in Norway, where the whispers backstage had guitarist John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) lined up as a possible replacement for Zakk Wylde

"Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak," Ozzy told Classic Rock, "and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know. I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?

Read the rest here...
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123387

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:08 am

Does it make a difference who plays guitar for him? He hasn't been musically relevant in 15 years.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:15 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Does it make a difference who plays guitar for him? He hasn't been musically relevant in 15 years.

Maybe, maybe not. A new guitarist could inject some fresh blood into that dying horse. I'd agree that his last few albums were sounding too much like BLS. And Zakk had this weird thing about was trying to make Ozzy sound like Sabbath. One thing that I've always enjoyed about Ozzy's solo work, especially the early stuff, was that it wasn't trying to be Sabbath. He had his own sound. There is no confusing Ozzy's solo material with his work in Sabbath. Apples & oranges.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 am

SpectreFate wrote:

LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
And Zakk had this weird thing about was trying to make Ozzy sound like Sabbath.

It didn't work. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 pm

time to change it. agree. since '95 and '00 no changes.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:18 pm

According to Blabbermouth, Zakk Wylde sez the news about Ozzy looking for a new guitar player is "news to him," whatever that's worth...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
According to Blabbermouth, Zakk Wylde sez the news about Ozzy looking for a new guitar player is "news to him," whatever that's worth...

Yea, that's why I said in the original post to question it's validity. Who knows what Ozzy was mumbling in the actual interview?

Classic Rock Mag: So Ozzy, how's the new record coming along?
Oz: Well bloody hell murhgf shumflku Zakk gfejhg blurp squiggle, BLS, f$@K ya know? SHARON!!!
Classic Rock Mag: Uhhhhh, ok. [To editor: I think he said something about getting rid of Zakk]

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, that's why I said in the original post to question it's validity. Who knows what Ozzy was mumbling in the actual interview?

Oz: Well bloody hell murhgf shumflku Zakk gfejhg blurp squiggle, BLS, f$@K ya know? SHARON!!!
Classic Rock Mag: Uhhhhh, ok. [To editor: I think he said something about getting rid of Zakk]
That's great dude! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:51 pm

7thSecond wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's great dude! Laughing very hard

LOL.

He needs to get John Christ if Zakk really is out.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:03 pm

He should be looking for a new singer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:07 pm

candlemass wrote:
He should be looking for a new singer!
seriously insane
Back to top Go down
muztaine
Metal novice
Metal novice
muztaine

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:08 pm

I read he was currently recording an album that should be out around Thanksgiving, whenever that is. (November? I'm Aussie.)

Ha, Aussie, Ozzy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard I'm dyin'. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Quote :
He needs to get John Christ if Zakk really is out.

Wow, that's a blast from the past! Not the 1st name I woulda thought of, but an interesting choice. Nice.

Ozzy's had a pretty decent track record for "discovering" new talent. Maybe he (or Sharon/managment) will do the same this time around.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:57 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
time to change it. agree. since '95 and '00 no changes.

Yes, but now with the hunt for a new guitarist, "He's going through changes!"

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:40 pm

really funny. But I don't think hiring a nu-metal guitar player would do good to the band
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm

I just read this on sleazeroxx. Interesting.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0710ozz.shtml
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:28 pm

The last album especially sounded like BLS. I was wondering if he can still write licks like the early stuff he did with Ozzy?
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:42 am

Why would he not reveal this to Zakk first? I just dont see why he would at the later part of his life and career change things now. He has a niche that people still love about his team work with Zakk, so why change it in your 60's?

I personally love Zakk's style of playing and think with how Sharozzy have cut so many ties with people he is on a mission to just piss of all friends he ever makes.

Jon 5 is not a good pick, good for his style but that style just doesnt include ozzy singing to it. Just keep the band the same you idiot!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:19 am

Quote :
"I've got a guy from Greece coming in - not the musical, the country of Greece - but I'm not going to say too much about it, cos I don't know myself at this point.

Gus G.? Cool

Ripper found out he was out of IE this way...I would not put it past Ozzy (Sharon) to not tell him...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:34 am

[quote="the sentinel"]I just read this on sleazeroxx. Interesting.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0710ozz.shtml[/quote]

Yea, that was much more interesting than the same article I posted at the top. Razz

Anywho..

Quote :

Quote:
\"I've got a guy from Greece coming in - not the musical, the country of Greece - but I'm not going to say too much about it, cos I don't know myself at this point.

Gus G.? Cool

That's the first guy I thought of too. While I'm not all that familiar with his work, I understand he's quite the shredder, which could be a step in the right direction.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 am

He should humble himself and bring back Jake!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:59 am

I dont thing Gus would do it, I just don't see him giving up the control he has to be in Ozzy's band. The only thing would be the exposure.
Do you think Jake would even go back?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 12:02 pm

candlemass wrote:
He should humble himself and bring back Jake!

Another nice choice, but I don't see that happening on either end.

I get the impression that Jake is done with being a "metal shredder" or even being in the spotlight. He's more of a blues/rock kinda guy these days. That is, when he decides to crawl out from whatever rock the dude's been hiding under.

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?   Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Looking For A New Guitarist?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next