Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Ozzy

Go down 
+17
Metal Misfit
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
Troublezone
iamrockerfun
ghost
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
journeyman
ultmetal
mc666
Thrasher73
Lurideath
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:22 pm

anyway

im starting like this album, real heavy after long time.
ozzy's voice seems is like electonicaly cleaned or what. but i think it's perfect. need a time to get into my head, i think i will overplayed this till 24th June. every day. have no chance to stop.
must know all words and music till concert begin.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 4:18 pm

I'd say this album is killer for BLS fans, but just good for Ozzy fans.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 12:37 am

I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night, and it was a nice surprise to see when I got home from work compared to the usual crap I watch then, however...
They played "Crazy Train" first, and that was cool; but then he tried to lip-synch his new song with his hair over his face and the camera at a distance. It's an ok song (I don't wanna stop); but it did sound like BLS, whom I find really boring. Also I've never been a huge Ozzy fan. Tony Iommi was the genius behind Sabbath as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 3:10 am

Yeah, if you don't like BLS, you probably won't like Ozzy singing for BLS, which is what Black Rain is.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 5:29 pm

Picked it up yesterday. CHEAP packaging. Sort of a miniature
album cover, grey cardboard with black debossed logo. No inserts, no
lyrics, no credits. Weird. Music isn't bad. Does sound a lot like
Zakk's BLS stuff, which I also like. I'm not sure I'd say it's a great
album, but I'll have to see how I feel after hearing it a few more
times.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 5:32 pm

Wow, that's not what you'd expect from Ozzy's albums. You would expect some lyrics, some packaging, and some liner notes, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 8:38 am

EU tour gegun.

alboom is awsome. only here for you is crap to trash.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 2:33 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
EU tour gegun.

alboom is awsome. only here for you is crap to trash.

Are you drunk?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 3:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Picked it up yesterday. CHEAP packaging. Sort of a miniature
album cover, grey cardboard with black debossed logo. No inserts, no
lyrics, no credits. Weird. Music isn't bad. Does sound a lot like
Zakk's BLS stuff, which I also like. I'm not sure I'd say it's a great
album, but I'll have to see how I feel after hearing it a few more
times.
Did you get a factory mistake? That sounds odd. If you need credits, here they are:

Music: Everyone but Ozzy.
Terrible lyrics: Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 3:34 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:09 am

Looks like this CD isn't getting very good reviews. There are, of course, the raving die-hard fan reviews and the kiss-butt to the record company reviews, but it seems most fan reviews are pretty negative. Check out Amazon.com and most fans don't seem overly thrilled with what many are calling a 'mundane' Ozzy release.

Blabbermouth is getting mixed reviews. As expected there are those that are slamming it, those that love it, but there also seems to be plenty who think it's "mundane" or "boring".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:24 am

yes check all reviews i have found.
as you said.

im on the right side - perfect, listenable, heavy raw ...

not goin away
i dont wanna stop
almighty$
civilize the universe
countdown begun
these are awsome
rest is good
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Looks like this CD isn't getting very good reviews. There are, of course, the raving die-hard fan reviews and the kiss-butt to the record company reviews, but it seems most fan reviews are pretty negative. Check out Amazon.com and most fans don't seem overly thrilled with what many are calling a 'mundane' Ozzy release.

Blabbermouth is getting mixed reviews. As expected there are those that are slamming it, those that love it, but there also seems to be plenty who think it's "mundane" or "boring".
I can't imagine it would get good reviews. It doesn't feel like an Ozzy album. I feels like a BLS album with Ozzy doing guest vocals. I don't mind that, of course, because I'm a huge BLS fan. But I can see where people are going want some more from Ozzy.

And the CD does look cheap as hell. I haven't picked it up yet, but I may try to score a BMG copy or something with a jewelcase. That slimline digipack will disappear in my collection. You wouldn't be able to see it sitting on the shelf with everything else. I'm sure you have the same problem...
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Here's a tracklist:

1) Bark at the Moon

2) Mr. Crowley

3) Not Going Away

4) Believer

5) Road to Nowhere

6) Suicide solution (with Zakk's long and great solo)

7) I Don't Know

Cool Here For You

9) I Don't Wanna Change the World

10) Mama, I'm Coming Home

11) Crazy Train

12) Paranoid

Moscow & Peterburg in Russia
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 3:17 pm

Quote :
CHEAP packaging. Sort of a miniature
album cover, grey cardboard with black debossed logo. No inserts, no lyrics, no credits.

That's disappointing. And then the music companies wonder why the public downloads for free.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 5:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
album cover, grey cardboard with black debossed logo. No inserts, no lyrics, no credits.
That's disappointing. And then the music companies wonder why the public downloads for free.
You'd think they'd splurge a bit considering it's Ozzy, huh?
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 6:48 pm

Okay, you might think "Hey, this kid doesn't know ANYTHING about Ozzy and what is good!" Honestly, I like the new album. "I Don't Wanna Stop" is one of my favorite tunes. I'm glad that Ozzy's still making music. Who cares if it's too modern? I will agree that the guitar tone is a little dirty, but overall it's a good album. Ozzy's like, what, in his 50's? And still making music!? I gotta say, I'm glad that Ozzy is continuing the legacy and I feel privileged to see Ozzy at Ozzfest this summer (August 18th at the Dodge Music Theatre, in fact!). Ozzy has my full blessing to continue crafting some of the most bad-assed rock and roll that I've heard since I got Ozzmosis for my seventh birthday.

LONG LIVE OZZY! 🤘 humble
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
You'd think they'd splurge a bit considering it's Ozzy, huh?

I was shopping with the wife tonight and I picked up the new Ozzy, looked at it in it's cheap packaging and put it back down. I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay full price, brand new for such a cheap release. You wanna save some coin on the packaging, fine. But cut us a break and sell it cheaper. $15 bucks for something that looks like a cheap bootleg. Please. angry

I'll wait another week and pick up a used copy for $7 bucks (or less)
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 6:23 am

I bought Black Rain two weeks ago the day it was released. I agree that it sounds like BLS with Ozzy on vocals. But I like it. It is much better than Down to Earth. Of course it is different and not as good as the 80s and 90s albums, but in my point of view it is a good Ozzy disc.

The cover photo is pretty and it comes along in a jewel case. The booklet is simple but all lyrics are included. I got it as a special offer in one store for only 12.99 Euro. For me it was a good value for the money!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:09 am

I thought the slim line version contains 2 tickets to Ozzfest? At least that's what it said on the outside of the packaging when I looked at it at Walmart the other day. Ozzfest is free right?.....but I guess you have to have a ticket to get in? huh?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:20 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
I thought the slim line version contains 2 tickets to Ozzfest? At least that's what it said on the outside of the packaging when I looked at it at Walmart the other day. Ozzfest is free right?.....but I guess you have to have a ticket to get in? huh?

I'm not sure if it was 2 actual tickets or just some promo thing that enables you to download 2 free tickets. Even for free, they would want to have some sort of documentation to let people in the door so they can track attendance figures and prevent chaos.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 pm

got Q for all of you

do you think

will Ozz release next ''studio'' album as LIVE CONCERT with LIVE DVD ?

( as after DtE )

i think it'll like small EP as JSO in 80s
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 6:42 pm

It's almost beyond science how John Osbourne hasn't hit ground 6 feet under yet...like bloody hell, the man is 60 years old...if you must hate it, like most do, you should at least appreciate it for what it is:

Retirement Metal, baby.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 8:57 pm

I got to say I am not a huge fan of Ozzy, but through out the years of my life I began to see how many cool songs this guy has made. I dont own all his stuff either, but for being 33 I have heard enough of him in my days.

This new album, I think is really good. I didnt expect another No More Tears or Madman album, just another rock n roll album and this is what I got. Ozzy makes music to me that I enjoy working to, or driving down the road with my windows open and kicking his tunes on a nice summers day. Such as today with my wife and kids, and we all just enjoyed having a rocking album. I am not going to say it is his best or worse but to me this is just another Ozzy album that I can put in and enjoy the whole way trough.

Maybe if I had all his albums then I could compare more strictly, but not one album seems to stand out over any others for me by him (for the ones I own. So I am guessing my review is also about as nuetral as it can get, or close enough to it. Not sure why it is being destroyed review wise.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Lame.

Quote :
OZZY OSBOURNE's latest album, "Black Rain", is being reissued today (Tuesday, August 14) by Epic in a new jewel-case package containing the full booklet with lyrics and new color cover art and photos. It will also contain CD extra bonus content featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the "Black Rain" photo shoot.

"Black Rain", which originally came out on May 22, was released in "eco-friendly" packaging, with the CD sleeve made out of recycled paper. In addition, the record came out without a booklet to further save paper, with the lyrics, credits and other inside material available to buyers of the CD at SonyMusic.com.

"Black Rain" features several songs based on current events and the state of the world in general. But Osbourne told The Pulse of Radio that he hasn't turned into an "issues-oriented" artist. "Believe me, I've not suddenly woken up and I'm sane," he said. "But I'm not one of these guys that can write about boy-meets-girl and, I mean, it's got to mean something to me. I don't write all the lyrics, but I have to say, 'Well, you know, isn't that strange that that happened when this happened,' you know, and I'll get going, you know."

"Black Rain" debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart, with first-week sales of 152,000 copies.

To download OZZY OSBOURNE's "Black Rain" CD booklet as a PDF file, complete with lyrics, credits and artwork, click here. According to a posting on Ozzy's website, "you must insert the 'Black Rain' CD when prompted in order to be able to complete the download."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new Ozzy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Ozzy
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next