Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Ozzy

Go down 
+17
Metal Misfit
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
Troublezone
iamrockerfun
ghost
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
journeyman
ultmetal
mc666
Thrasher73
Lurideath
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 3:26 am

And incidentally, To/Die/For's cover of "I Just Want You" is actually better than Ozzy's original.

)+(
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 7:06 am

Right now I'm on the fence about it. I'll wait until it's out,check the reviews,any airplay it might get ,etc. then decide if Ill get it.I'm guessing I won't,but you never know.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 8:26 am

I heard a new song on the radio at the gym yesterday. It didn't sound too bad, although I wasn't really paying close attention. I did hear the DJ announce that you can get free tickets to Ozzfest by pre-ordering the new Ozzy CD. Ha, always a catch with Sharon Osbourne.

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I did hear the DJ announce that you can get free
tickets to Ozzfest by pre-ordering the new Ozzy CD. Ha, always a catch
with Sharon Osbourne.

Well you had to expect there to be a catch. Like they really were
gonna make Ozzfest tickets free without everyone having to buy or do
something that will benefit Sharon. I was just waiting for it to
pop up and when this did the other day I wasn't to suprised.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 1:03 pm

I finally got to hear "I Don't Wanna Stop". Not a bad song, but it really sounds more like a BLS tune than Ozzy (for obvious reasons). I stand by the previous post, "will get, but in no rush".

As for Sharon, someone needs to knock her down a few pegs. She's gone over the top with her "don't F with me" stance. It was fine when she was behind the scenes and managing Oz, but enough is enough. Now it's just annoying.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 3:20 pm

STIGMATADOR wrote:
It would have significantly preserved his waning integrity as an artist. People forget he used to have such a thing, these days...
Well, his TV persona needs to be kept separate from his music career. I'm not saying he's made great choices—singing with the original Miss Piggy and the other Miss Piggy, his daughter—but regardless of the joke he became on TV, his music should be held accountable solely on its merits.

And this new song sounds nothing like Rob Zombie.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 3:24 pm

check this sold out 1st floor and standing for Ozzy's show in June.

http://www.sazkaticket.cz/Predstavenie_javisko_view.asp?IDPred=1601083[/url]
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 2:05 pm

I was playing cards Saturday night with some buddies. The local rock station was on, playing the same blah, radio-friendly Clear Channel-approved rock that just blended into the background as we played. Then we heard something that grabbed everyone's attention. It was the new Ozzy. Now maybe it was the beer or the fact that every other song played sounded the same, but it made us all perk up and take notice. At least it's got that going for it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 2:28 pm

Well you can hear the 1st single by going to this page
www.myspace.com/ozzyosbourne

The single isn't bad, its the rest of the songs that shows what I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 2:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm not saying he's made great choices—singing with the original Miss Piggy and the other Miss Piggy, his daughter—

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

That was COLD, brother... but OH so true!!
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 8:57 pm

The whole album streamed HERE. Two words:

GOD WYLDE!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:58 am

i really cant be bothered woth ozzy unless he is in sabbathcos his stuff aint great.

i heard one song from the new album and well it was ok but not great
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:33 am

Ive heard "I Dont Wanna Stop"....and I want him to stop. Ozzy's music to me has just gone downhill since Ultimate Sin. The arrival of Zakk "Ima drunken viking" Wylde brought an end to me liking Ozzy's music. The music got boring and Ozzy's 10million layered vocals got old. I also cannot stand Zakk's pinch note that he cannot leave alone...it drives me batty. He is a solid shredder but....oyyy....I cant stand him.

Yep....there will never be another Blizzard or Diary.....and for that matter another Bark or Sin either. Ozzy go home.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:01 pm

I listened to the album a few times and it's better than expected but I really didn't expect a lot so that's not saying much.

I don't think I'll be buying this one anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:08 pm

I guess I'm an Ozzy die-hard, cause I'm diggin' what I hear (although I still haven't picked up that horrible covers album). Sure, it's not gonna be "Blizzard Part 2" or even "No More Tears", but for what it's worth, I like it. Mostly because to me, it sounds pretty much like a Black Label Society album with Ozzy singing. And I like BLS.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I guess I'm an Ozzy die-hard, cause I'm diggin'
what I hear (although I still haven't picked up that horrible covers
album). Sure, it's not gonna be "Blizzard Part 2" or even "No More
Tears", but for what it's worth, I like it. Mostly because to me, it
sounds pretty much like a Black Label Society album with Ozzy singing.
And I like BLS.

It does sound like BLS with Ozzy singing. I think Zakk singing
these songs would've been an improvement over Ozzy though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The whole album streamed HERE.
well that settles it for me, i'll save my money for something that doesn't blow chunks.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:18 pm

Not enough for me to make a complete judgment either way. Although initial reaction is Neutral .

But then again, I've never been an Ozzy fan. Bought his first two albums a few years ago and besides a couple of songs, I didn't care for'em. So I never gave anything he did a shot. Not a fan of his voice.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:25 pm

I look at it this way...Sharon is gonna keep Ozzy out on the road till the poor man drops dead, whether it's with Ozz-fest or touring solo. If he's gonna be out on the road, Sharon wants to make sure Oz has some product to sell, aka a new album. At least they're putting together a full album of new material rather than throwing together yet another live recording (which I'd bet will follow right after the tour anyway) or another greatest-hits packages with a new song or 2 tacked on.

It's new Ozzy. Good or bad, I'll take that over new Linkin Park anyday of the week.
Back to top Go down

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:51 pm

It does sound like BLS with Ozzy singing. And I agree, Zakk singing probably would have been better. I really wish he would have kept "Black Rain" for a BLS album. That song is killer.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:04 pm

Quote :
I'll take that over new Linkin Park anyday of the week.

Man.......I think I agree with that statement. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 5:57 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
Quote :
I'll take that over new Linkin Park anyday of the week.

Man.......I think I agree with that statement. Laughing

wow someone who also didlikes linkin park i commend you sir i commend you.

my dad has got it and was going on at me how good they will be at dowload this year. soory dad but i am going to go see motley crue instead
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Did I hear correctly...

The European release of "Black Rain" has a cool picture of Ozzy on the cover, whereas the US release gets this cover. Is that right?

new Ozzy - Page 2 51DO7EIf04L._SS500_
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:19 pm

yeah that's right
our is beautiful.
it's cos EU dates are 1st.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:19 pm

new Ozzy - Page 2 OsbourneVP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new Ozzy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Ozzy   new Ozzy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Ozzy
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next