Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1

Go down 
+10
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
akeldama
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Maybe Jon should just write his next album and get the band to record it and hire 5 different singers to sing the exact same vocal lines since that would be like having 5 different albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:17 pm

I would actually love it if they redid The Glorious Burden with Matt. Musically, I love that album, but it's just not the same for me without Matt. I'll buy the box set. I'm a fanboy, I'll buy pretty much whatever they put out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:40 pm

I prefer Ripper's vox to Barlow's, but I will still buy SW Pt.1 with Barlow on vox.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:50 am

Well to me it is like this let sleeping dogs lie. Even though Jon has full control of IE I guess he can dio what he wants. I loved Rippers work in the IE projects but then again I like Ripper. But Matt IMO is the heart and soul of the vocals in IE so maybe it is a good idea to do this.
Either way I'll buy it no matter what I love all IE!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:24 am

This actually reminds me of that Sharon Osbourne erasing Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake fiasco for the first two Ozzy records. I think it's mean as hell to "erase" someone from an album they worked on.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:55 am

troublezone wrote:
This actually reminds me of that Sharon Osbourne erasing Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake fiasco for the first two Ozzy records. I think it's mean as hell to "erase" someone from an album they worked on.

this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:26 pm

akeldama wrote:
troublezone wrote:

this
My God! Some of your are taking this to the extreme. This is a concept album! Not one of those that have multiple vocalists. This one is meant to be told with one voice. This has nothing to do with erasing Tim's contributions to the band; it's about telling a story with one voice. Simple as that.

This isn't even close to what Sharon did. That was vindictive, unprofessional, and downright nasty. What Jon is doing makes complete sense.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:47 pm

I understand your point Eyesore. I get that Jon wants the storyline consistently recorded from beginning to end with the same vocalist. That part of it does make sense. However, he has made some inconsistent comments about Ripper which makes it seem that there may be a little vindictiveness going on. For the record, I'll be buying the box!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:18 pm

It's no vindictive...but it is selfish...and, speaking from experience, most musicians have a selfish streak when it comes to thier music...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:51 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
I understand your point Eyesore. I get that Jon wants the storyline consistently recorded from beginning to end with the same vocalist. That part of it does make sense. However, he has made some inconsistent comments about Ripper which makes it seem that there may be a little vindictiveness going on. For the record, I'll be buying the box!
Nah, the comments are the company line. All bands do that crap. He said Ripper was better than Jon, and that what Jon had done on The Glorious Burden was weak and uninspired. Was that true? Maybe. But it's the music that matters.

Maybe Jon feels a little bitter. Despite how it was handled on Jon's part, it was Tim that strayed from IE in the first place. The guy could hardly be bothered to discuss IE in interviews the entire time he was in the band. The problem with Tim is that he needs his own band. He can't continue to be a fill-in. Well, he can, but he's always going to get bored and not have the same passion he has toward Beyond Fear.

Schaffer is the kind of dude that demands 100%. Maybe Matt couldn't give that (it would make sense, since he did quit music for years), and then Tim also couldn't commit. It's tough being the creative force behind anything, and when you've got people underneath you that just don't give it their all, well, you can become bitter.

That's why I quit pursuing music. I didn't have the desire to be that creative force. I sympathize with Jon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Quote :
He said Ripper was better than Jon, and that what Jon had done on The Glorious Burden was weak and uninspired

You mean Matt....not Jon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1   Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth to rerelease Something Wicked Pt.1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2