Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"

Go down 
+34
Required Fields
MetalFRO
SlaytanicPOWER
7thSaviour
DallasBlack
Gilbert
7thSecond
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Olafsto
DeathCult
stevegarveyfan
Tall Tyrion
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
Zé Metal & Company
Chairman_Smith
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
novellahub
sam
Schbopo
FATALITY
ultmetal
Lurideath
MetalRob331
mc666
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
A Handful of Wayne
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am

Its pronounced douche bag Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 am

I spoke to someone one the phone who was in Sweden and who is from Sweden and he pronounced it "Ying-wee"...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I spoke to someone one the phone who was in Sweden and who is from Sweden and he pronounced it "Ying-wee"...

I pronounced it like wing eee until I found out it was ing vey
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That`s close enough!!
The rest of you, Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:43 am

It is not, and never was "Ing-Vay"...that's just the accepted mispronunciation...it is indeed "Ying-wee"...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Cool interview from Yngwie :

As a mere seven-year-old, Yngwie Malmsteen picked up his first guitar on the same day that Jimi Hendrix died – 18th September, 1970. Jointly inspired by Ritchie Blackmore and the classical strains of Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi and Mozart, the Swede perfected a super-fast picking technique, traversing the bands Steeler and Alkatrazz after relocating to the States, then going solo in 1984. Equally renowned for brash opinions and brandishing the axe upon the 40-odd backing musicians he’s used so far, Malmsteen’s new album, Perpetual Fame, features ex-Judas Priest/Iced Earth singer Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens and is the first for his own label, Rising Force Records.
INTERVIEW: DAVE LING
The gap between the announcement of Doogie White’s departure and the appointment of ‘Ripper’ Owens’ was miniscule enough to suggest you’d been plotting the switch?
[Brusquely]: I don’t know when those pieces of information came out.
Within a few days of one another, quite literally.
Here’s what happened. I made two albums with Doogie and he did a great job. But when I started writing the new one, the songs went in a much more powerful direction. The vocal melody almost had to carry the song. I needed someone to do that for me. I’d met Tim on a few occasions, and at Christmastime he came to see me in Miami and sang on a couple [of songs] that I had ready.
Tim would’ve only just been sacked by Iced Earth?
Yeah. All we were doing was thinking about [working together]. We sat down and discussed it and I carried on with the album. Then later on we decided to do it for real.
So he had the voice you needed?
Yeah, but it wasn’t just about that. We had to get along. The way I work [pauses momentarily], it’s almost like a director and an actor. ‘I want this, I want this’.
Coming in at such a late stage, did Owens get to contribute to the songs?
No. His contribution is his voice.
Not even tweak anything that was written?
No.
Well, he must know about what he was getting himself into – band members come and go.
Like all the others, I’d like to have a more longstanding relationship than that. But you know [looks exasperated]: Every smurfing interview I do, I have to explain to people how I work. Keith Richards comes up with the riff and Mick Jagger sings; Robert Plant sings over Page’s stuff; Blackmore and Coverdale worked together. I just don’t do that. I’m like the composer of an orchestra. I compose for the cello, the woodwind, the violins… everything. I guess it’s a very un-rock ‘n’ roll way to do things, but it’s how I’ve always worked. I mean, I had Cozy Powell in my band [during the mid-1990s] and I showed him the drum-licks; Cozy play this [starts tapping out a rhythm on a saucer].
Have you tried working more democratically?
In other eras, when I was a little confused due to other things – alcohol, maybe. But I always said, ‘No, that didn’t work. I won’t do that again’.
On your 2002 album, Attack!!, you were credited as producer, plus lead guitars, rhythm guitars, acoustic guitars, bass, fretless bass, synthesizer guitars, sitar, cello, keyboards and backing vocals, and lead vocals on the song Freedom. Doesn’t leave much for anyone else, does it?
Not really, no.
So what do musicians and singers get out of being in a band with you?
I dunno. You’d have to ask them.
So let us inside your songwriting process?
I sit and watch TV, playing guitar. Often I watch political programmes and they make me really angry. Sometimes it gives me a lyrical idea. There are notepads everywhere. If I come up with a riff then I run upstairs to my studio and record it. It’s almost a daily event. I wrote something like 39 songs for this album. I write the lyrics and melodies; I produce them; I arrange them, they are like my babies.
Of those 39, how many did you actually record?
The full 39, though quite a few don’t have drums or vocals.
One of the most interesting songs is the epic Eleventh Hour, which features a string section.
I’m so proud of that song, it's like Stargazer [by Rainbow] for 2008. I happened to be in Istanbul and we used some local string guys. I had the backing tracks for the song on my laptop, and we used ProTools to record them.
After several albums with SPV it’s coming out via your own company, Rising Force Records.
Yeah. It was becoming an uphill battle to deal with labels. Not only money-wise, more of a general struggle.
Do you mean they tried to meddle in an artistic sense?
[Sounding shocked]: No. I would never allow that to happen. But something needed to change. The label was the idea of my wife [April, who Yngwie’s manager].
During the past couple of years you must’ve noticed a resurgence of real musicianship and songs?
It’s been quite remarkable, especially in the States. In the 1990s, America was a desert. My kind of music was over.
Did you feel like you stood out like a sore thumb?
Absolutely. I’d switch on the radio… ‘What is this smurf poo?’, y’know? I have a theory that these things are cyclical, that’s all it is. When punk came in back in 1976, it was horrible but now it’s almost charming – even though musicianship went right out the window. The same thing happened at the beginning of the 1990s.
Rising Force now owns the rights to all your solo records except for the first five, and will be re-issuing them?
That’s correct. Absolutely. They will be re-mastered and re-mixed. There will be boxed sets. I have a multitude of extremely good live recordings, which I will be putting out.
Am I right in thinking you are sober these days?
Oh, a hundred per cent.
Did something happen that made you think, ‘I must change this lifestyle’?
Basically, I hit a wall.
What, in a car?
[Laughing]: No, not this time. I realised that partying was not a good thing anymore. So, Smurf it, I stopped. That was four years ago.
How bad did it get?
Well, beer was my thing back then. I drank a lot of beer – a lot. But I also gave up smoking and it was really refreshing. Now when I get up in the morning, I’m clear and focussed. I can get smurf poo done. I highly recommend it.
Do you look back on some of the things you did and said and think, ‘Christ, I was an ass’?
[Nodding slowly]: Of course. And all of that stuff will be in the book. I’m writing an autobiography right now. It will be truthful and very in-depth.
What do you think of perception that because you worked so hard to master a speed-based technique, it has less artistic value than somebody that plays slower and with more feel?
I don’t hear that so much these days. Only somebody that’s musically unintelligent would say it. My music lacks passion? That’s bullshit. It takes passion to expand ones vocabulary. It’s a thing I’ve taken – humbly – from my heroes Niccolò Paganini and Franz Liszt, whose whole thing was to be a virtuoso almost to the point of showing off.
So you admit you’re an exhibitionist?
Yes. I love it. It’s excellent. And it’s been going on in rock ‘n’ roll for a long time. Do you think Jimmy Page played with a bow because he was making some deep artistic statement? Don’t be so stupid, he was showing off.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:38 pm

I always thought it was "Ing-Vay" as that is how someone once pronounced it in front of me and it just stuck with me. I guess I was wrong. Very Happy

There was a guy that owned local record store I frequented in the late 1980 and he always called him "Wingnut" Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:43 pm

I've heard him called Wingnut too...funny! lol!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:38 pm

That cover is horrid. affraid
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:01 am

I didn't even know he had a new one coming out. I only just heard about it today thanks to That Metal Show. I don't own any of his albums, but I plan on checking this one out.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:32 am

red devil is a standout track on this cd..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:16 am

New Yngwie album news:

According to blabbermouth.net, legendary Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen will release an all-instrumental acoustic album, "Angels Of Love," which will contain rearrangements of his ballad songs played on acoustic guitar and string and choir arrangements only. It is a masterpiece showing the tender, delicate version of his classic songs as well as a new composition. A March 10th release via Rising Force Records is expected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:18 am

manny wrote:
New Yngwie album news:

According to blabbermouth.net, legendary Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen will release an all-instrumental acoustic album, "Angels Of Love," which will contain rearrangements of his ballad songs played on acoustic guitar and string and choir arrangements only. It is a masterpiece showing the tender, delicate version of his classic songs as well as a new composition. A March 10th release via Rising Force Records is expected.

Finally! A Yngwie album I won't buy! Smile
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It is not, and never was "Ing-Vay"...that's just the accepted mispronunciation...it is indeed "Ying-wee"...
If that's true then I wonder why he didn't correct them on That Metal Show???
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:12 pm

The album was quite good though. The breakup was however inevitable.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:09 pm

I was lucky to find this album used a few weeks ago. A damn fine album and Ripper's voice is killer.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Yngwie DVD news:

Yngwie Malmsteen will release two DVD's via Rising Force Records on March 24th: "Live Animal" and "Live In Budokan."
According to Amazon.com, "Live Animal" (running time: 80 minutes) captures Yngwie Malmsteen's 1998 performance in Brazil in front of a captivating and energetic crowd. Tracks on this performance include: "Resurrection," "Facing The Animal," "Rising Force," "Bedroom Eyes," "Far Beyond The Sun," "Like An Angel," "Braveheart," "Seventh Sign," "Trilogy Suite," "Never Die," "Black Star" and "I'll See The Light."
Never before released outside of Asia, "Live In Budokan" (running time: 107 minutes) captures Yngwie Malmsteen's performance in Tokyo, Japan. Selections from this performance include: "Toccata," "Never Die," "Bedroom Eyes," "Rising Force," "Bad Blood," "Forever One" and many, many more.
As previously reported, Yngwie Malmsteen will release an all-instrumental acoustic album, "Angels Of Love", which will contain rearrangements of his ballad songs played on acoustic guitar and string and choir arrangements only. It is a masterpiece showing the tender, delicate version of his classic songs as well as a new composition. A March 10 release via Rising Force Records is expected.
"Perpetual Flame," the new album from Malmsteen, has sold 13,200 copies in the United States since its October 2008 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Released on October 14th, 2008, the CD is the first album to be issued via Rising Force Records (distributed via Koch) and it marks the debut of Malmsteen's new singer, ex-Judas Priest/Iced Earth frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens.
Yngwie Malmsten will team up with Deep Purple for the following Japanese dates:
April 8 - Tokyo, JPN @ International Forum
April 9 - Zepp, JPN @ Nagoya
April 10 - Hiroshima, JPN @ Koseinenkin Kaikan
April 12 - Kanazawa, JPN @ Kanko Kaikan
April 13 - Osaka, JPN @ Koseinenkin Kaikan
April 15 - Tokyo, JPN @ International Forum
Yngwie Malmsteen was inducted into Hollywood's RockWalk on October 13th, 2008 in front of the Guitar Center at 7425 Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I LOVE this new Yngwie CD! PF rocks! 10/10 I think Ripper is a great vocal fit for the band!
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Yngwie-perpetual-flame

Looks to me he's trying the Derek Zooland style...

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Zoolander_face
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If that's true then I wonder why he didn't correct them on That Metal Show???
Good point there. I'd say someone with his monstrous ego would have corrected them on the spot had they been wrong.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:34 am

7thSaviour wrote:
I LOVE this new Yngwie CD! PF rocks! 10/10 I think Ripper is a great vocal fit for the band!

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The new album is boring...

On first listen I thought this CD was like his last few, good but not holding my attention for very long. However, now that I've owned this for a couple weeks I've found myself coming back to it quite often. Perhaps I was burned out on Yngwie on other recent album, but this album really resparked my interest. "Red Devil" is a great song. The lyrics to this one really captured me as I was driving down the road in my red Mustang. I know the song is about a Ferrari, but the lyrics worked for me driving that Mustang down the road.

"Priest of the Unholy" is a heavy song, as is "Death Dealer". Both songs work well with Owens on vocals. Tim's vocals seemed a bit out of place on my first couple listens, but the more I listened, the more I liked it.

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Quote :
Tim's vocals seemed a bit out of place on my first couple listens,
affraid
You're so rarely wrong about metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Tim's vocals seemed a bit out of place on my first couple listens,
affraid
You're so rarely wrong about metal.

Yes, but you have to read the whole sentence.

Quote :
...but the more I listened, the more I liked it.

🤘

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 pm

I did and it's good you came around. I'm not really a fair judge, i'm an Owens fanboy.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 am

I like everything Owens has ever done musically with the exception of JP's "Demolition" CD. I'm a total Yngwie fanboy, for sure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next