Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"

Go down 
+34
Required Fields
MetalFRO
SlaytanicPOWER
7thSaviour
DallasBlack
Gilbert
7thSecond
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Olafsto
DeathCult
stevegarveyfan
Tall Tyrion
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
Zé Metal & Company
Chairman_Smith
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
novellahub
sam
Schbopo
FATALITY
ultmetal
Lurideath
MetalRob331
mc666
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
A Handful of Wayne
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Empty
PostSubject: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:54 am

Heres the artwork for the new Yngwie Malmsteen cd. Looks kind of silly but I guess its cool. Its Yngwie. I just hope this album sounds good. The last couple of ones the production really didnt sit well with me. Alchemy was probably my favorite sounding album. I wish there was some samples we could here of this one. I cant wait to hear what Ripper does for Yngwies sound.

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 2840977769_af35a5bff9
"Perpetual Flame" track listing:

01. Death Dealer
02. Damnation Game
03. Live to Fight (Another Day)
04. Red Devil
05. Four Horsemen (Of the Apocalypse)
06. Priest of the Unholy
07. Be Careful What You Wish For
08. Caprici Di Diablo
09. Lament
10. Magic City
11. Eleventh Hour
12. Heavy Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:56 am

Sexy man, that Yngwie Smile

Looking forward to it, although I'm not happy about Ripper being the vocalist. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 am

Spec I am sure the ego maniac that Yngwie is, the partnership between Ripper Owens and Yngwie will not last long. I am looking forward to the new cd but I am sure Ripper had no say in the direction of the music, lyrics, arrangements, or production.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 am

He always has horrible artwork...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:02 am

Funny thing about that picture is I dont think its very current. I saw him a couple weeks ago on TMZ and he looked a little hefty.

Why dont you think Ripper will stay around? Isnt it a given that its Yngwies band and whatever he wants to do he does? Im sure Ripper knows that and thats why hes doing a solo album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 am

I think it's going to be good with ripper on board.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Funny thing about that picture is I dont think its very current. I saw him a couple weeks ago on TMZ and he looked a little hefty.

Why dont you think Ripper will stay around? Isnt it a given that its Yngwies band and whatever he wants to do he does? Im sure Ripper knows that and thats why hes doing a solo album.

Phoenix I know you are correct that Ripper is aware of this, even said so on Eddie Trunk interview I heard, but I am just basing this on the history Yngwie has had with other vocalist he has worked with in the past. Yngwie has worked with very talent vocalist during his career Graham Bonnet, Jeff Scott Soto, Joe Lynn Turner, and Doogie White among others all have only served a short time with Yngwie. Still it is going to be intersting, Ripper is very different type of vocalist than the others his worked with.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:09 am

That cover looks terribly cheesy. I hope the material within is much better. Honestly, this is the first Yngwie album that I've had any interest for in years because of Ripper doing the vocals. And I too don't think the relationship will last.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:10 am

Ripper must have a death wish. First he took a job working for noted ego maniac Jon Schaffer over at Camp Iced Earth, then when Jon gave him the boot he hooked up with the KING OF EGO himself!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:20 am

Always had horrible artwork....ugh...

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Eclipse

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 1656

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 351jj8
Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 1661
Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 41HG0S0JQWL._SL500_
Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 1655
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 am

Yea, they're all pretty bad. This new one will fit right in with that lot.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 am

That cover doesn't look too hot.

Ripper just wants to sing for a name group and I think he would pretty much take any high profile gig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
That cover doesn't look too hot.

Ripper just wants to sing for a name group and I think he would pretty much take any high profile gig.

He makes his living singing...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:33 am

manny wrote:

Phoenix I know you are correct that Ripper is aware of this, even said so on Eddie Trunk interview I heard, but I am just basing this on the history Yngwie has had with other vocalist he has worked with in the past. Yngwie has worked with very talent vocalist during his career Graham Bonnet, Jeff Scott Soto, Joe Lynn Turner, and Doogie White among others all have only served a short time with Yngwie. Still it is going to be intersting, Ripper is very different type of vocalist than the others his worked with.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The past Yngwie singers I think just were with Yngwie to use as a stepping stone to get further in their career. Since they left how much have we heard from either of those singers? Ripper doesnt seem to be like that kind of guy. Thats only going from reviews ive read with him. Look what he has been through in the last couple of years. Every time he seems to fall he gets right back up and is involved with something that turns out good. I think now that Ripper is with Yngwie, it has also gotten people more interested in hearing what this new venture is going to put out. So I think Ripper will be there for a while if not for the rest of the career of Yngwie. Thats up to Yngwie though, if he truely is such a ego maniac as everyone says he is then obviously im wrong.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Always had horrible artwork....ugh...

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 351jj8
Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" 1661

Wow those are my favorites of his along with Trilogy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:38 am

Quote :
So I think Ripper will be there for a while if not for the rest of the career of Yngwie.

That's a bold statement if I ever saw one. Ripper will be lucky if he's still with Yngwie before we're finished with this topic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:10 am

Yngwie's covers are all crappy (except for the one w/ the Frazzetta painting) cuz he's always on them!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:14 am

Mark Boals is the best singer Yngwie has had, imo. Followed VERY closely by Mike Vescera.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:23 am

lol!

Oh crap!!! Just reported on Blabbermouth!!

Tim "Ripper" Owens Rips out of Yngwie!

According to a press release released September 9th 2008, Tim "Ripper" Owens has left Yngwie Malmsteen due to "Musical Differences". Owens who was former singer for such top acts as Judas Priest, Iced Earth said in a report today "Yngwie would never let me have any imput on the new album what so ever. I was even sent to a time out where he had me sit in a corner just for pointing at one of his guitars". No news yet on who will replace Owens on Yngwies up coming tour but rumors are circulating that it might be none other once hard rocker turned soft ballad rocker Michael Bolton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:48 am

There is a good liklihood that Tim will only last a single album/tour...

All of Yngwie's singers:

Jeff Scott Soto (Rising Force & Marching Out)
Mark Boals (Trilogy, Alchemy & WTEAW)
Joe Lynn Turner (Odyssey & Live In Russia)
Goran Edman (Eclipse & Fire And Ice)
Doogie White (Attack & Unleash The Fury)
Mats Leven (Facing The Animal & Double Live (I think))
Jorn Lande (tour only)
Mike Vescera (The Seventh Sign and Magnum Opus)
Tim Owens (Perpetual Flame)

And several of those sang on Inspiration...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:53 am

he looks like a slightly slimmer Saxon1500 in the new album cover.

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:56 am

mc666 wrote:
he looks like a slightly slimmer Saxon1500 in the new album cover.

It's the lip pucker that resembles him so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:52 pm

it's a common "secret" that some old fotos are usually used for his latest works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Oh crap!!! Just reported on Blabbermouth!!

Tim "Ripper" Owens Rips out of Yngwie!

According to a press release released September 9th 2008, Tim "Ripper" Owens has left Yngwie Malmsteen due to "Musical Differences". Owens who was former singer for such top acts as Judas Priest, Iced Earth said in a report today "Yngwie would never let me have any imput on the new album what so ever. I was even sent to a time out where he had me sit in a corner just for pointing at one of his guitars". No news yet on who will replace Owens on Yngwies up coming tour but rumors are circulating that it might be none other once hard rocker turned soft ballad rocker Michael Bolton.

Finally Bolton will get the respect he deserves!

..and maybe Freddy can get rid of his Bolton CD. Smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next