Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"

Go down 
+34
Required Fields
MetalFRO
SlaytanicPOWER
7thSaviour
DallasBlack
Gilbert
7thSecond
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Olafsto
DeathCult
stevegarveyfan
Tall Tyrion
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
Zé Metal & Company
Chairman_Smith
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
novellahub
sam
Schbopo
FATALITY
ultmetal
Lurideath
MetalRob331
mc666
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
A Handful of Wayne
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:57 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Yngwie's covers are all crappy (except for the one w/ the Frazzetta painting) cuz he's always on them!!!
lol!

of course in that case this goes also and for many others......but of course none is complaining about them....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
manny wrote:

Phoenix I know you are correct that Ripper is aware of this, even said so on Eddie Trunk interview I heard, but I am just basing this on the history Yngwie has had with other vocalist he has worked with in the past. Yngwie has worked with very talent vocalist during his career Graham Bonnet, Jeff Scott Soto, Joe Lynn Turner, and Doogie White among others all have only served a short time with Yngwie. Still it is going to be intersting, Ripper is very different type of vocalist than the others his worked with.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The past Yngwie singers I think just were with Yngwie to use as a stepping stone to get further in their career. Since they left how much have we heard from either of those singers? Ripper doesnt seem to be like that kind of guy. Thats only going from reviews ive read with him. Look what he has been through in the last couple of years. Every time he seems to fall he gets right back up and is involved with something that turns out good. I think now that Ripper is with Yngwie, it has also gotten people more interested in hearing what this new venture is going to put out. So I think Ripper will be there for a while if not for the rest of the career of Yngwie. Thats up to Yngwie though, if he truely is such a ego maniac as everyone says he is then obviously im wrong.

you wrote some right things there. that yngwie "egomaniac" helped a lot of singers to built up their careers,not to mention other great players like johansson bros, randy coven, macaluso, the master marcel jacob etc, like leven and of course mr. goran edman(he usually charges $10 000(when the dollar wasn't cheap like now) in order to be a part of an album). and of course it's not their fault if you don't know what they are doing now. they are all huge in japan and some other countries. and of course that yngwie "egomaniac" never refused to take part in some of their albums without getting paid and of course playing what they asked him to do(for example the sonic winter from johansson bross, karma from goran edman, human clay from soto and jacob, glimmer of hope project from barry sparks etc)....recently i wrote an email to leven asking for a tape he had with one of his previous bands(perhaps one of the very few things i'm missing from yngwie related stuff) and he asked me for $100.....he's an ex yngwie singer, you know, now....

the first time i saw yngwie in greece during the magnum opus tour(i saw him before in japan and sweden with goran edman, by the way i'm still missing the miami vice boot from that tour, any help?) i took with me what i had from him including at least 50 bootlegs i had at that time. the usual crappy "journalists" from the metal hammer magazine used to write bad things for him. after the show i met him in his hotel for the first time(thanx to the owner from rodon club who brought him in greece for first time and was more than happy to tell me the name of his hotel). by coincidence at that time some of m.hammer guys had scheduled an intie with him. when i met him i translated to him what they wrote for him. then he refused to answer to their questions and raised his middle finger to them. he sit then in a table at the lounge and signed everything i brought with me, including the boots. 2 friends of mine were there also and they used to publish a fanzine("singing swords"). of course he was more than happy to give them an intie for their fanzine which i still have in tape. needless to say that all these journalists wrote bad things for him 'till 2001(i think). that time yngwie fired his manager, lewis, and got a deal with spv. spv of course is paying some big $$$ to crappy mags like the greek metal hammer . then they had to suck where they used to sh*t before. and they had him on the cover for the releases of attack and unleash the fury.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Short audio samples of all 12 tracks that appear on "Perpetual Flame", the new album from the legendary Swedish guitarist YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, can be found on the 7digital.com web site.

Sounds awesome!!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:54 pm

RED DEVIL sounds awesome...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Seen this show last night in Vegas and it was horrible. I think every member of his band is extremely talented, but the live show was a big disappointment.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Seen this show last night in Vegas and it was horrible. I think every member of his band is extremely talented, but the live show was a big disappointment.

Really? Why? What didn't you like? Poor performance. Poor song selection?

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:33 pm

thats deadly! i love cheese!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:54 pm

FATALITY wrote:

What? scratch
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Schbopo wrote:
FATALITY wrote:

What? scratch

as in the cheese factor. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Okay. Cheese is delicious.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:04 pm

manny wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Funny thing about that picture is I dont think its very current. I saw him a couple weeks ago on TMZ and he looked a little hefty.

Why dont you think Ripper will stay around? Isnt it a given that its Yngwies band and whatever he wants to do he does? Im sure Ripper knows that and thats why hes doing a solo album.

Phoenix I know you are correct that Ripper is aware of this, even said so on Eddie Trunk interview I heard, but I am just basing this on the history Yngwie has had with other vocalist he has worked with in the past. Yngwie has worked with very talent vocalist during his career Graham Bonnet, Jeff Scott Soto, Joe Lynn Turner, and Doogie White among others all have only served a short time with Yngwie. Still it is going to be intersting, Ripper is very different type of vocalist than the others his worked with.

Which album did he work with Graham Bonnet? Are you getting Yngwie confused wtih Chris Impellitteri?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Graham and Yngwie worked together in Alcatraz, not any solo Yngwie stuff.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Graham and Yngwie worked together in Alcatraz, not any solo Yngwie stuff.

How did I space out on that one? LOL. I remember now. I guess I was focused on the solo work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Why were you disappointed? Is Ripper Owens doing the vocals on the tour also? Curious minds want to know.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Did Yngwie ever allow the spotlight to be taken off of him at the show? I'm surprised you were ever able to see anyone else in the band!

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Let's take a look at the credits of any Yngwie Malmsteen cd,

All Compositions, Lyrics, and Arrangements by Yngwie J Malmsteen
Produced By Yngwie J Malmsteen
Mixed by Brian Fitzpatrick and Yngwie J Malmsteen
Recorded at Yngwie J Malmsteen's studio in Miami
All Guitars and Bass by Yngwie J Malmsteen
Occassional keyboards by Yngwie J Malmsteen
Vocals, ego stroking, cleaning up ashtrays, tidding up the studio, and coffee fetcher: Tipper Owens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Why would you go to a YNGWIE show to see the backing band? Honestly. I see the attraction of Ripper, but he's a hired hand. YNGWIE is the star of the show, whether you like him or not. Period.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Very true it is called Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force, and he makes no pretense that it is a democracy, it's his music and his arrangements. Ripper Owens understands that and said so on Eddie Trunks's show.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:28 pm

manny wrote:
Very true it is called Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force, and he makes no pretense that it is a democracy, it's his music and his arrangements. Ripper Owens understands that and said so on Eddie Trunks's show.

In this case, I think you mean an "Autocracy"....It would never be a "Democracy" under Yngwie...

Arrogance aside, the guy is an unbelievable guitar player. You obviously know what you're getting into when you join his band. Maybe those like Joe Lynn Turner back in the day didn't see it coming when he was sent packing, but it's fairly obvious now!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Sorry it took me awhile to respond.

The show was poor because of many reasons. Poor song selection yes. That was a big part of it. Yngwie is just too flamboyant for me. Ripper doesn't fit the older songs, and the newer songs were just not good in a live setting.

When Ripper entered the stage, he was wearing a stupid hat and it looked ridiculous. None of the members looked happy on stage, and to top it off, the sound was horrendous.

When Yngwie would go to play his acoustic that was mounted on the stand, it sounded like a Fisher-Price guitar toy. It was just missing a picture of Mickey Mouse on it.

When they played my favorite Yngwie song, they screwed it up by playing it too fast and cutting it short.

I think Ripper wears a hat most of the time. He did it with Priest and with Iced Earth. As good as he is I was expecting to see him to have a little more stage precessence but he doesnt really have one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm

The new album is boring...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:26 pm

I am losing interest in Yngwie as time goes on. I will get this, eventually, but only if I see it cheap enough. Peace.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:32 pm

manny wrote:
Let's take a look at the credits of any Yngwie Malmsteen cd,

All Compositions, Lyrics, and Arrangements by Yngwie J Malmsteen
Produced By Yngwie J Malmsteen
Mixed by Brian Fitzpatrick and Yngwie J Malmsteen
Recorded at Yngwie J Malmsteen's studio in Miami
All Guitars and Bass by Yngwie J Malmsteen
Occassional keyboards by Yngwie J Malmsteen
Vocals, ego stroking, cleaning up ashtrays, tidding up the studio, and coffee fetcher: Tipper Owens

lol!

Tipper Owens-he's lucky with waitresses
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Despite the less than ringing endorsement for Yngwie show that Lurideath saw, I have bought my ticket for the Nov 2 show here in St Pete, Florida and I looking forward to it. I hope it is a better show than one he witnessed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm bringing a deck of cards just in case that Yngwie show is too bad, manny. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next