Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"

Go down 
+34
Required Fields
MetalFRO
SlaytanicPOWER
7thSaviour
DallasBlack
Gilbert
7thSecond
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Olafsto
DeathCult
stevegarveyfan
Tall Tyrion
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
Zé Metal & Company
Chairman_Smith
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
novellahub
sam
Schbopo
FATALITY
ultmetal
Lurideath
MetalRob331
mc666
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
A Handful of Wayne
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Demolition is the weakest thing he's been on but I still kind of like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There is a good liklihood that Tim will only last a single album/tour...

All of Yngwie's singers:

Jeff Scott Soto (Rising Force & Marching Out)
Mark Boals (Trilogy, Alchemy & WTEAW)
Joe Lynn Turner (Odyssey & Live In Russia)
Goran Edman (Eclipse & Fire And Ice)
Doogie White (Attack & Unleash The Fury)
Mats Leven (Facing The Animal & Double Live (I think))
Jorn Lande (tour only)
Mike Vescera (The Seventh Sign and Magnum Opus)
Tim Owens (Perpetual Flame)

And several of those sang on Inspiration...

Mats Leven also performed on the "Yngwie Malmsteen LIVE!!" DVD, which I have, and is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Quote :
So you admit you’re an exhibitionist?
Yes. I love it. It’s excellent. And it’s been going on in rock ‘n’ roll for a long time. Do you think Jimmy Page played with a bow because he was making some deep artistic statement? Don’t be so stupid, he was showing off.

Classic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Demolition is the weakest thing he's been on but I still kind of like it.
5/10 The one before it was magical! 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:21 pm

This thread makes me think of this hilarious album cover parody I found online:
Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Yngwie_war
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:34 pm

I think he's coming out with a new release soon.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:03 pm

I recently grabbed Perpetual Flame used for a ten spot off of ebay and I like it. It's a bit heavier than I expected and Ripper sounds awesome! Peace.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:12 am

the sentinel wrote:
I recently grabbed Perpetual Flame used for a ten spot off of ebay and I like it. It's a bit heavier than I expected and Ripper sounds awesome! Peace.
Exactly! headbanger PF 9.5/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:01 am

7thSaviour wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Exactly! headbanger PF 9.5/10

Ok: Yngwie's ego is bigger than... everything, his album's covers are ugly (to say the less) BUT he is still the King.
I have listening to Perpetual Flame over and over and in my opinion he does not have anything new except of the horseman of the apocalypse; but still, I loved the way he went to the roots of Rising Force and brought us back all the best of his music in this album.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:44 pm

I got this album last year and freekin' loved it from the start!!!

Tim "Ripper" Owens never sounded so good! I never would have thought of him sounding so well with Yngwie, but it's true! He does!!!

Great album ... from start to finish. This is actually one of Yngwie's best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Ripper's voice fits the music so well. Something that didn't work with some of the other singers.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Ripper's voice fits the music so well. Something that didn't work with some of the other singers.

Totally agreed here.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:35 pm

I like it! I haven't heard the whole album, but I really like what I have heard!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 pm

I am kinda hoping that Tim Ripper Owens stays with Yngwie. It's a good business relationship. I would love to hear more albums with this chemistry!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I am kinda hoping that Tim Ripper Owens stays with Yngwie. It's a good business relationship. I would love to hear more albums with this chemistry!

Good news is both have expressed interest in doing another album together, so I hope to hear more from them also.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:24 am

manny wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Good news is both have expressed interest in doing another album together, so I hope to hear more from them also.

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 669452 Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 669452 Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 669452
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Does anyone else have this Yngwie Malmsteen album? Any thoughts?

How about those who own it? Have you found that it has staying power for you?

I picked this album up last year, and it has been a constant player for me all year long.

I am forced to now conclude that this is Yngwie's best album to date!!! Ripper really makes this album. Plus Yngwie's playing is just so full of life here!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Still love it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:23 am

Very good album. Made it in my top 5 for 2009.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:35 am

Did I forget to mention I LOVE this album?! Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:10 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Did I forget to mention I LOVE this album?! Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 11840

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 778825 Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 778825 Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 778825
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Gilbert wrote:

But it came out in 2008......
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

But it came out in 2008......
6,666/10! Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 778825
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:52 pm

I saw a used copy in FYE yesterday that I may go back and get. Not a huge fan, but I have a coupla of Yngwie discs, so I pretty much know what to expect on his part. If I got this, honestly, it's more for Ripper's vocal performance over Yngwie's guitar wankery.

So now that everyone's had some time to live with this album, what's your thoughts?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I saw a used copy in FYE yesterday that I may go back and get. Not a huge fan, but I have a coupla of Yngwie discs, so I pretty much know what to expect on his part. If I got this, honestly, it's more for Ripper's vocal performance over Yngwie's guitar wankery.

So now that everyone's had some time to live with this album, what's your thoughts?

A good Yngwie album, and what you would expect, the usual guitar wankering you have come to expect with a better then average vocalist singing lyrics that show that Yngwie has read way too many Robert E Howard books as a young man, in other words more of the same. But I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"   Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame" - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yngwie Malmsteen "Perpetual Flame"
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next