Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Iced Earth Album?

Go down 
+16
Smindas
Troublezone
kmorg
mc666
Temple of Blood
KissinMaiden
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Invader
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Thrasher73
ghost
scottmitchell74
INVADERS
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Best Iced Earth Album....
Iced Earth:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Night of the Stormrider:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Burnt Offerings:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
The Dark Saga:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Days of Purgatory:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Something Wicked This Way Comes:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 13 ]
Alive in Athens:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Horror Show:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Tribute to the Gods:
 0% [ 0 ]
The Glorious Burden:
Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage

Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 3:46 pm

1. Burnt Offerings
2. Stormrider
3. s/t

Besides these 3 and Horror Show, nothing by this band really stands out to me anymore. I hated The Glorious Burden with a passion, besides Ripper's performance.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:09 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Yah, Adam was he first vocalist. He was ok, but he did sound really weird. Doesn't bother me though, as I think the music is just downright great!

Oh yea, don't get me wrong, I still love the first I.E. album, even though the vocals took a little getting used to at first.

The debut was the first I.E. album I heard, even though it was a few years after it was released... I was at a CD show/swap meet and found it (still in the long box!) mixed in with a bunch of other death metal CDs for only two bucks. I had read some good stuff about 'em in a couple of zines so I figured that two bucks was cheap enough to risk checking'em out. Am I ever glad I did, because they have become one of my favorite bands in the years since! 🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm

I bought "The Blessed and The Damned" which I guess is a greatest hits kinda deal. Two discs a million songs.....

I couldn't get into it. I tried and tried and tried..... what the blazes am I missing???? Burning Times ROCKED.... !!

But every other tune has some 40 year introduction... boring...... I was very disappointed..... angry

help
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:01 pm

I maintain that Blessed and the Damned is a poor introduction to IE. Although I do think there's some good stuff to get into there, it does come off as a bit of an odd mix and match. You're better off trying an album, possibly Dark Saga or Something Wicked.

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:05 pm

The best introduction to IE is the 3CD version of Alive In Athens. It's simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 11:28 pm

I had never heard of Iced Earth and stumbled upon a review of the band and decided to give them a try. Couldn't decide so I bought all of their cd's at once (just a couple of months ago). Listening to them back to back I would say Night Of The Stormrider and Something Wicked This Way Comes are my favs but I really like The Glorious Burden also...so I am glad I bought all of them. I listen to them quite a bit lately. In fact right now....
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 2:24 pm

Went with The Dark Saga.
The first Iced Earth album i bought, and it blew me away!!( still does)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Smindas & Eyesore

will try another disc.... I've just heard so much positive about 'em and I'm sitting here going..... well ?!??!!?!?

will try another one.... unless someone wants to burn me a cdr.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 am

SWTWC
Dark Saga
Days of Purgatory
Alive in Athens
Burnt Offerings
Horror Show
The Glorious Burden
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Iced Earth Album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2