Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Iced Earth Album?

Go down 
+16
Smindas
Troublezone
kmorg
mc666
Temple of Blood
KissinMaiden
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Invader
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Thrasher73
ghost
scottmitchell74
INVADERS
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Iced Earth Album....
Iced Earth:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap0%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Night of the Stormrider:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap13%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Burnt Offerings:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap18%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
The Dark Saga:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap21%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Days of Purgatory:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap3%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Something Wicked This Way Comes:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap33%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 13 ]
Alive in Athens:
 0% [ 0 ]
Horror Show:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap3%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Tribute to the Gods:
 0% [ 0 ]
The Glorious Burden:
Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_lcap9%Best Iced Earth Album? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Best Iced Earth Album? Empty
PostSubject: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 5:10 am

Which is the Greatest Iced Earth Album....

Burnt Offerings and the Glorious Burden get my vote
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:41 am

Tough call. I went with Something Wicked
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:52 am

This Glorious Burden!!!!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:59 am

Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Glorious Burden got my vote.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:18 am

the Glorious Burden is my fav with Something Wicked coming in at a close second
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:22 am

Would be between on of these three:

Burnt Offerings
The Dark Saga
Something Wicked This Way Comes

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 am

Picked Something Wicked, but just as easily could have gone with Burnt Offerings.

Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:58 am

Burnt Offerings or The Dark Saga.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:14 am

I'm the only vote for Night of the Stormrider? Sad

my #2 pick would be "Something Wicked"
and #3 would be "Glorious Burden"

But on the whole, this band has yet to release a bum album! They all kill!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm the only vote for Night of the Stormrider? Sad

my #2 pick would be "Something Wicked"
and #3 would be "Glorious Burden"

But on the whole, this band has yet to release a bum album! They all kill!

I like Night of the Stormrider too. For that matter I love the first demo and the self titled album as well.

I saw Iced Earth on the Something Wicked tour with Desinty's End and Nevermore. They played at a tiny club that wasn't even half full. It was GREAT!!! One of the most memorable shows I have attended.

My least favorite would probably be Horror Show, but even that one I like.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:47 am

Went with "Something Wicked...", but "Glorious Burden" was a close second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:05 pm

Dark Saga

Second would be Burnt Offerings then either Horror Show Or Night Of The Stormrider.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:06 pm

BO
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:22 pm

NOTS by far.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Burnt Offerings is without a doubt my personal fave. it had an eerie atmosphere to it, while still being very heavy. plus Barlow was really nailing those high notes, like in Creator Failure.

my second pick is Stormrider.

the worst would be The Glorious Burden. not because of Tim either. why is it bands bring Tim in & then write such crap for him to try & salvage? he's just one man. scratch

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:47 pm

Something Wicked

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:00 am

I picked something wicked. The glorious burden sucked big time. The only song that had any kind of hook was that green face song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:00 am

mc666 wrote:

the worst would be The Glorious Burden. not because of Tim either. why is it bands bring Tim in & then write such crap for him to try & salvage? he's just one man. scratch

"Gettysburg" was crap?? Man, they could've released that album with just the "Gettysburg" epic by itself and I would've been happy as a clam. That is a MASTERPIECE!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:35 am

I picked Days Of Purgatory, but that may be cheating. I like the first two albums, but don't listen to them much because I pretty much think Greely and Adam are both pretty bad vocalists, Adam being much worse than Greely. The 2CD version of Days Of Purgatory pretty much solves that problem for me, as it has Barlow singing on all but four tracks from those first two albums. Plus it has "Winter Nights," which is awesome.

But if I had to choose main albums I'd probably choose Something Wicked, with Dark Saga and Horrow Show coming in as close seconds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:

"Gettysburg" was crap?? Man, they could've released that album with just the "Gettysburg" epic by itself and I would've been happy as a clam. That is a MASTERPIECE!!
Absolutely! That trilogy is simply stunning—especially when you read the lyrics and storyline as the song plays. The visuals it evokes are simply awesome.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 10:18 am

mc666 wrote:
Burnt Offerings is without a doubt my personal fave. it had an eerie atmosphere to it, while still being very heavy. plus Barlow was really nailing those high notes, like in Creator Failure.

my second pick is Stormrider.

This actually reflects my opinion quite nicely. Burnt Offerings is just a brutal and well done album and the Dante's Inferno is just ridiculously good. Stomrider is about equal for me as that album is just as spectacular, with Travel in Stygian proving to be one of IE's best moments. I also agree that Glorious Burden just had weak material - I think if Matt had sung on it, it may have worked better as the stuff was written with Matt in mind, not Tim.

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Gettysburg" was crap?? Man, they could've released that album with
just the "Gettysburg" epic by itself and I would've been happy as a
clam. That is a MASTERPIECE!!
I like Gettysburg, I think it's decent. However I also think it's severely overrated as I find a lot of it drags on. There's moments that are incredible but a lot of doesn't appeal to me that much. I'd much rather listen to the Suffering or Something Wicked trilogies.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 10:20 am

Eyesore wrote:
because I pretty much think Greely and Adam are both pretty bad vocalists, Adam being much worse than Greely.

I thought Greely was ok. He was vocals were a bit different, but not outright bad.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I pretty much think Greely and Adam are both pretty bad vocalists, Adam being much worse than Greely.

Adam was the guy on the first album, right? (I always get the names of the guys on the first two CDs confused...) I always thought that was the weakest I.E. album, due mostly to those vocals. That guy sounds like David Wayne (Metal Church) with a bad head cold. Smile

I have no problems with the vocalist on STORMRIDER, however. When I listen to the early tracks re-done w/Barlow on DAYS OF PURGATORY, though, they just don't sound "right" to me if that makes any sense. I guess that's cuz I was an Iced Earth fan befoer Barlow joined, so I was used to hearing those songs with the original vocals.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Yah, Adam was he first vocalist. He was ok, but he did sound really weird. Doesn't bother me though, as I think the music is just downright great!

Greely was definitely a step up. Not as good as Barlow, but better than Adam.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 3:08 pm

I think Gene Adam's vocals suited most the material on the first album so it worked together. Greely just sounds like a less awesome version of Matt, so again, I think it works.

PostSubject: Re: Best Iced Earth Album?   Best Iced Earth Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Iced Earth Album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next