Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...

Go down 
+25
steelers
kethdredd
DallasBlack
Jedilink
kmorg
mr.electric39
Sutekh
Stender
MetalH
powermacho
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Glenn Rogers
Thrasher73
Rex
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
exact33
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 am

I'll probably buy them as my copy of Weapons is worn and I don't have the s/t at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 am

I definately need to get this when it comes out! Especially since i haven't had a copy of Weapons for years and never had the first record.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:28 am

I think those two albums deserver a proper re-release. Not a big fan of digi-packs, but they will probably look nice like that.

Retroactive has also talked about a second pressing of "Into the Pit" on digi, although I wish they would just do a vinyl run.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 am

What does the new artwork look like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:11 am

If they mess with the "Weapons" art, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard any label of doing. If they change that art one bit, I probably will never buy another Retro release. You don't screw around with history. Hey, let's change Ride the Lightning while we are at it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:20 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
You don't screw around with history. Hey, let's change Ride the Lightning while we are at it...

Done.

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Rtluz3
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:22 am

You should've made it a hoveround! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:27 am

I'll stick with my originals.Nothing there that tempts me into buying them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:28 am

Rex wrote:
You should've made it a hoveround! Laughing

You're right. Smile

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Rtl2dp6
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:59 am

That rules! lol Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:16 am

If they redo the art i hope they make it more dark or meaner looking. I do like the original weapons art but the first album is a tad boring to look at.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:41 am

Not sure I am suppose to be posting this, but here it is...
First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 134_08_26_2008_10_39_37_deliv

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:41 am

I like the new art. I don't care for the color of the logo or the fuzzy glow around the cross. I think it's better than the original. I don't know if this is the final artwork or not.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am

I don't mind a new cover for the S/T. The one the lable came up with was "NOT" what we wanted...They Spinal Tap'ed us on that cover...Smell The "D"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:59 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
I don't mind a new cover for the S/T. The one the lable came up with was "NOT" what we wanted...They Spinal Tap'ed us on that cover...Smell The "D"

What do you think of the new cover?

They have a pretty cool photo of you in the new one. Better than that bad black and white live photo in the original. It's actually a group photo.
First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Deliverance_85
Although in the CD it doesn't have the black stuff around the edges like this photo from my site.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Not sure I am suppose to be posting this, but here it is...
First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 134_08_26_2008_10_39_37_deliv

That's kinda cool lookin'. Same basic idea as the original, so it's in the same spirit, just "updated." The original was kinda plain. Im' not so sure they should be messin' with the WEAPONS... cover though, that's a classic cover!!!

Ult, any word on when these babies are gonna be available?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like the new art. I don't care for the color of the logo or the fuzzy glow around the cross. I think it's better than the original.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:31 pm

Quote :
That's kinda cool lookin'. Same basic idea as the original, so it's in the same spirit, just "updated." The original was kinda plain. Im' not so sure they should be messin' with the WEAPONS... cover though, that's a classic cover!!!

I agree with Freddy on both points.

As far as the re-issues go, I could see picking up the s/t debut because I don't have that one. I'd be less inclined to get the re-issue of Weapons... since I already own the original release.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

What do you think of the new cover?

They have a pretty cool photo of you in the new one. Better than that bad black and white live photo in the original. It's actually a group photo.
First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Deliverance_85
Although in the CD it doesn't have the black stuff around the edges like this photo from my site.

I like it because it's better than the old one...They sould have used a cover designed by Rex...I hear one is available.

Sorry ,I had to...

Jimmy was mad at me at the time.That's why he use that bad photo of me for the cover....I wounder if the same thing will happen again???
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I agree with Freddy on both points.

As far as the re-issues go, I could see picking up the s/t debut because I don't have that one. I'd be less inclined to get the re-issue of Weapons... since I already own the original release.

I think we discussed in another thread about "bad album covers" a while ago that the original cover to the S/T works better as a T-shirt design than an album cover design.

I'll get'em both just cuz I despise the cut-rate KMG 2-on-1 reissue of both albums that I own and keep complaining endlessly about...I can't stand it, but at the time I bought that, those KMG reissues were the only game in town, so to speak. The original CDs had been OOP for at least five or six years and I had never had any luck hunting for either of them in used bins, so when those KMG's came out, I ordered the Deliverance two-fer from CDNow (wow, remember CDNow? Do they even still exist?), cuz I desperately needed to upgrade my cassettes. However, when I ordered I was under the impression that it would be a 2-CD set, i.e. 1 disc for each album. Then I got it in the mail and saw that not only was it 1 disc with both albums on it, but 2 of my fave tracks from the S/T had been cut off to make them fit on one CD ("Temporary Insanity" and "Awake")... I was slightly peeved, to put it mildly.

Eventually I bummed a CD-R of the S/T from a trade buddy so I had those two "missing" tracks again, but it still isn't the same as having an actual CD. So I'm looking forward to these reissues. You know Retroactive will treat those classics with WAY more respect and tender loving care than KMG Records ever gave them!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:32 pm

That new artwork is smokin'!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:40 pm

I like that new art as well. Much better than the original.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:44 pm

I understand that the new art looks more modern and the original was a bit cheesy, but it just seems unecessary to change it.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:53 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I understand that the new art looks more modern and the original was a bit cheesy, but it just seems unecessary to change it.

Not if you have lived with that piece of $$$$ long as I have...LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:09 pm

The new artwork is good, but I never minded the original. They DEFINITELY should not mess with the Weapons artwork, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next