Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...

Go down 
+25
steelers
kethdredd
DallasBlack
Jedilink
kmorg
mr.electric39
Sutekh
Stender
MetalH
powermacho
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Glenn Rogers
Thrasher73
Rex
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
exact33
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:54 pm

Quote :
All three bonus tracks have been released before, but they are cool to have as part of these re-releases. "Rescue" was a song recorded during the Weapons sessions but left off. It was later released on the Decade of Deliverance compilation. However, I never listen to that compilation. The two tracks on Deliverance are from California Metal. All tracks, including the bonus tracks, have enhanced sound quality.

I got all 3 as I have Decade and California Metal on CD but being the big D fan I am wouldnt a surprise eh? heh, If i was still buying music like I was id probobly get them but Id rather have new material ive yet to hear. I think that its cool they are being released so people can acquire them, that definitly is a plus.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 pm

The dead horse was posted because of all the drama regarding VR. Back OT:

I'm still as stoked about these re-issues as I was a week ago. I'm missing the last two tracks on the S/T, and am looking forward to the bonus tracks, even if they are available else where. There is nothing worse to me than a bunch of bonus tracks that just consist of rough studio recordings and a bizarre rehearsal mix or the like.

I was only four and five when they were released! Good to see they are getting well deserved treatment! 🤘 And trying to find said bonus tracks... pfffft. Probably couldn't even download them if I knew where to look. So glad they are included!

Ult, I'm really glad to hear that the mix sounds better!

I'll be keeping an eye for release dates and distributors. This is actually the most excited I am about a "new" release for the coming months!

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:41 pm

I still have my original Weapons Tshirt the one that weighs a ton
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:59 am

Jimmy Brown comments on the album artwork:

Quote :
LOL!!!

I must admit, I LOVE the new S/T cover... I always hated what they did to the first one...

But, the Weapons one threw me for a loop... The Angel looks wimpy... The Demon is NOT a demon, but rather a dragon, and Paul looks goofy and I don't think he would be wearing this huge monk like cross in prison...

I much would've preferred to keep the original... But, new is good!!! New is always good... Well...... Sometimes... LOL...

At any rate, I hope everyone enjoys these... It is a long time coming in my opinion... So, I hope everyone likes them...

Matt at Retro has worked VERY hard on these, and I think that they deserve a shot... I really appreciate all he has done as well as Ult for doing the liner notes and Jan for the artwork re-dos...

Take Care All...

J
"Ani Ain"

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:43 am

Scott, you should be happy, your arms are bigger then the angel now.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:49 pm

Weapons is now available at CDbaby. The End has them up for preorder.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:20 am

Retroactive has them in stock now, so it won't be a pre-order for long.

Nazgul wrote:
Scott, you should be happy, your arms are bigger then the angel now.

Indeed! :bigboy:

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:05 am

CD Baby has both discs on their site now, though the debut is already listed as "coming back in stock soon" -- what, did they blow 'em all out already? That was quick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:34 pm

I think they put that before they actually got them in. I notice Amazon has the S/T but not the Weapons as of last night.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:41 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Weapons is now available at CDbaby. The End has them up for preorder.

thanks for the info ordering them now. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:39 pm

I broke down and ordered both from cdbaby. Big D is worth getting the remasters and extras.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 am

Nazgul wrote:
I broke down and ordered both from cdbaby. Big D is worth getting the remasters and extras.

I would agree with this, except the "extras" are available other places, and I already am in possession of them. Although it is pretty cool that ult did the liner notes.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:17 am

spectrefate wrote:
Nazgul wrote:

I would agree with this, except the "extras" are available other places, and I already am in possession of them. Although it is pretty cool that ult did the liner notes.

I don't think it matters what extras they would have added, almost everything from this era of D was released at one time or another. Even the cheap garage demos and boom box recordings have been released.

I might have been cool to have had the Weapons demos added to Weapons, or "Greetings of Death" demo added to the self-titled. However, those have all been released as well on the "Greetings of Death" CD.

Either way, I've really been enjoying these reissues. Jammed Weapons in my car again this morning at 5:30 AM cruising to work.

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:06 pm

If you have the extras then I agree they might not be worth getting but I don't so it's all good. I only have a CD-r of Weapons so it'll be nice to have an actual copy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:13 pm

My copies came in the mail today. :bangyerhead:

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 am

I got both copies yesterday as well but I've not had a chance to listen to them yet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:20 am

I'm broke so I haven't ordered either one yet. Sad I hope they're not ultra-limited editions so they remain available for a little while.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm broke so I haven't ordered either one yet. Sad I hope they're not ultra-limited editions so they remain available for a little while.

Think you'll be ok. I don't think they are ultra-limited. I think they pressed up several thousand copies.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Think you'll be ok. I don't think they are ultra-limited. I think they pressed up several thousand copies.

(PHEW) That's a relief. Laughing I know that in the past a lot of Retroactive releases have been limited to 1000 copies, but I had a feeling that wouldn't be the case with the "D" reissues!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

(PHEW) That's a relief. Laughing I know that in the past a lot of Retroactive releases have been limited to 1000 copies, but I had a feeling that wouldn't be the case with the "D" reissues!

I think it depends on the band. For Ultimatum they pressed more than 1000 copies of all three albums they released for us thus far. For the two reissues they pressed 2000 of each title. Not sure how many they pressed of Into the Pit. I doubt they would press any less for these two CDs.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:19 am

I ordered mine from Divine Metal Distro. Really cool site! I can't wait to get these!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 am

I'm thinking about picking up the Debut just for the new artwork and bonus songs.Weapons,however I'm happy with my original.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Got mine today   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:57 am

Listened to them on the way to work tonight. Both sound great, the remastering is really apparent on the S/T disc.

There is nothing wrong with the packaging, but I would have like to seen them get the deluxe treatment eg multipage booklets with lots of facts/pictures.

I enjoyed the liner notes by Scott, but there were a few grammatical mistakes that were pretty obvious.

All in all well worth the 13.50 a pop.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 pm

I got me some holiday $ to burn so I plan to finally order the two "D" reissues from CDBaby.com when I get home tonight. 🤘

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:26 pm

kethdredd wrote:

I enjoyed the liner notes by Scott, but there were a few grammatical mistakes that were pretty obvious.

No one proof read that write up for me. I haven't read it since I wrote it. What did you find?

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next