Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't

Go down 
+29
scottmitchell74
metalmaniac122
Velvet Creation
White_Mage
mc666
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
XYZ
Lurideath
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
krokus
Orion Crystal Ice
ThrashedOutCobra33
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
candlemass
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
DeathCult
akeldama
skullsmasher
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:17 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:
Megadeth - Rust in Peace, it's a great album but I just don't like it if you know what I mean.

I totally agree. CTE was a huge improvement.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:19 pm

I need to branch off again in a way, this will divide more people than the Cornell thing, but maybe be more fitting to the thread since the opinion seems pretty uniform from what I've seen..

While I DO like some stuff he is on, I *don't* really like DC Cooper's voice. He is so nasally in a way that he sounds like he has a strange, unidentifiable accent, even though he's American. Every word sounds sang the same exact way and it makes a lot of words sound really odd. His lower-to mid part of his range isn't that bad, but when it gets higher I kind of have to just bear with it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:35 pm

Schbopo wrote:
metalmaniac122 wrote:
Megadeth - Rust in Peace, it's a great album but I just don't like it if you know what I mean.

I totally agree. CTE was a huge improvement.
if by improve, you mean watering down their sound in order to get more radio airplay & compete with Metallica's self titled album. then yeah... huge improvement.

ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:56 pm

Not an album but Deep Purple was one of those bands that I could not get into no matter what. Ive tried countless times and everytime I get disapointed.. IMO their music just doesnt sound like it has energy in it.. thats just my thought
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Quote :
I *don't* really like DC Cooper's voice. He is so nasally

Man, you would hate the Timeless Miracle singer.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:06 pm

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
Not an album but Deep Purple was one of those bands that I could not get into no matter what. Ive tried countless times and everytime I get disapointed.. IMO their music just doesnt sound like it has energy in it.. thats just my thought

Shocked Blasphemy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 pm

manny wrote:
Led Zeppelin-IV not because the music is bad but because were I live (Tampa, Fl) the classic rock stations act like it is the only album that has ever existed !!!! It is another reason I avoid listening to the radio they play the same songs over and over and over no matter what format

That's pretty much every "classic" rock station
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:05 pm

while i like number of the beast i dont regard it as the mother of all iron maiden albums as so many do even though it is good
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:32 am

When I was racing downhill longboard in the late 70's, we were supposed to like punk bands (albums). I get the importance of the music and what it helped cause shortly after,THRASH...but I'd spent alot of time and effort learning how to play an instrument and then have these guys come along and just make a mockery of that. Looking back, I realize the social impact some bands had, as well as the fact that they had something important to say. Still can't listen.
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:56 am

Dark Angel: Darkness Descends

"Darkness Descends" simply sounds like Slayer without the cool riffs/solos, and Don Doty's vocals just plain suck.

Pretty crumby production too.

DD - not a thrash classic.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:10 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
The entire Slayer catalog.
As well as anything Cannibal Corpse related.
And I have a deep rooted ORGASMIC LOVE for Appetite for Destriuction.

agree 100%
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4