Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't

Go down 
+29
scottmitchell74
metalmaniac122
Velvet Creation
White_Mage
mc666
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
XYZ
Lurideath
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
krokus
Orion Crystal Ice
ThrashedOutCobra33
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
candlemass
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
DeathCult
akeldama
skullsmasher
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:56 pm

MoonChild wrote:
manny wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Jar of Flies - Alice In Chains lame
Wow!!! I love that cd I am surprised to see it listed !

Ironically that is one of the most boring and stupidest CD I have ever listened to. angry

I disagree great songs with great vocal harmonys, great lyrics, etc but you are more fortunate person than I am, the stupidest CD I have ever had the misfortune to was the Spice Girls when my than 4 year daughter listened to it non stop!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:59 pm

How 'bout bands? Slayer, Venom, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Celtic Frost, Pantera, Motorhead

Back to albums:
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Led Zeppelin - IV
AC/DC - Back In Black
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks Misfit, you reminded me. I forgot about the crappiest of crap bands, Pantera. Not one listenable song. IMO, of course.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:05 pm

manny wrote:

I disagree great songs with great vocal harmonys, great lyrics, etc but you are more fortunate person than I am, the stupidest CD I have ever had the misfortune to was the Spice Girls when my than 4 year daughter listened to it non stop!

hahahahaha well......

I guess my musical taste differs when it comes to Alice in Chains and a few other bands.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:11 pm

I don't care for anything from The Rolling Stones, Motorhead, or Guns n' Roses. Also, most of AC/DC's catalogue is meaningless to me; same goes for Megadeth, and all of Slayer and King Diamond (Mercyful Fate). I don't like anything from Nirvana, and don't own anything beyond the first two Soundgarden or the first Pearl Jam. I own only the first Godsmack and the first System of A Down album and don't care for Nu-metal in general. Whew. Okay, I'm off my soapbox. Peace.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Holy a lot of surprising stuff..
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Metallica - Master 0f Puppets...well, most Metallica, but both the previous and following album from this one don't bore me to tears like this does..

Priest - Painfiller...so forced..lobotomized just like the previous two..just give me 'Sin after Sin'..'Stained Class'..'Defenders' (same idea, but way better songs and feeling)...'Sad Wings'..

Maiden - Powerslave...there are some amazing tracks on here, but they really do have better than this album-wise..

Floyd - The Wall...give me something earlier..even 'Dark Side' will do..heck, something later will do.. 'Division Bell' is good..

Helloween - Keeper 2..a lot of this is so weak and forgettable..their last two were so much better..

Dream Theater post 1997.. sick you have been assimilated by Teh Rudess..boringggggg, and certainly not the be all end all of progressive metal..

Just about all of the Nevermore discography, except maybe a song or two off 'Dreaming'.. sick Pantera plus random spouts of Dream Theater plus a cat being cut in half? no thanks...

Almost all the Iced Earth discography, minus some cuts off 'Stormrider'.. sick

Most Opeth past 'My Arms..'... sick I guess the less interesting the guitar becomes, the cooler it is..

Symphony X period.. sick

Everything by Brainstorm... just about the worst Teutonic metal band I've heard... well, Symphorce is even worse...when can we stop infesting all music with heaps of groove? Haven't metalheads gotten over it yet?

Pantera..angry tough guy rednecks with angry tough guy gr00ve..horrible, horrible band....Phil Anselmo must be destroyed... "but Dime died!" ok, and where's Chuck Schuldiner's merchandise? Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 352445

Testament as a whole..yes, because I listen to thrash to be totally bored..

Steve Vai.. Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 576894

Savatage past 'Handful of Rain'....the cure for insomnia..

Pearl Jam..in case PaulATage doesn't work.

Epica.....epic load of forgettable plastic music which only continues to prove that chicks sell...even to a supposedly intelligent fanbase....

Within Temptation....makes Epica sound like Bach.

A good half of Sonata Arctica's discography..'Unia' and 'Silence' are turds almost all the way through, and my God, his accent gets more and more horrible.

Cryptopsy...they've reached rock bottom, but were they really that great to begin with? Not really..

Dark Tranquillity.....one of those examples of how eliminating any exciting ideas from your writing makes you 'mature' and 'classy'...

Alestorm...junk...Turisas...junk... (new) Eluvietie.. junk....the disposable folkish thing is getting incredibly old and stale at a frightening rate...

but hey, all of this ^ is teh bestest ever ever ever ever and no music can ever beat it or given a fair chance against teh hype machine...so I might be totally off. Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 811939

Notice I did not hit 'Nightfall in Middle Earth' and 'Operation: Mindcrime'. Those are probably overrated just because of the sheer overwhelming praise they get, but I honestly think they're awesome albums. So they won't get the axe.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Eagles-Hotel California
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Metallica - Master 0f Puppets...well, most Metallica, but both the previous and following album from this one don't bore me to tears like this does..

Priest - Painfiller...so forced..lobotomized just like the previous two..just give me 'Sin after Sin'..'Stained Class'..'Defenders' (same idea, but way better songs and feeling)...'Sad Wings'..

Maiden - Powerslave...there are some amazing tracks on here, but they really do have better than this album-wise..

Floyd - The Wall...give me something earlier..even 'Dark Side' will do..heck, something later will do.. 'Division Bell' is good..

Helloween - Keeper 2..a lot of this is so weak and forgettable..their last two were so much better..

Dream Theater post 1997.. sick you have been assimilated by Teh Rudess..boringggggg, and certainly not the be all end all of progressive metal..

Just about all of the Nevermore discography, except maybe a song or two off 'Dreaming'.. sick Pantera plus random spouts of Dream Theater plus a cat being cut in half? no thanks...

Most Opeth past 'My Arms..'... sick I guess the less interesting the guitar becomes, the cooler it is..

Symphony X period.. sick

Everything by Brainstorm... just about the worst Teutonic metal band I've heard... well, Symphorce is even worse...when can we stop infesting all music with heaps of groove? Haven't metalheads gotten over it yet?

Pantera..angry tough guy rednecks with angry tough guy gr00ve..horrible, horrible band....Phil Anselmo must be destroyed... "but Dime died!" ok, and where's Chuck Schuldiner's merchandise? Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 352445

Epica.....epic load of forgettable plastic music which only continues to prove that chicks sell...even to a supposedly intelligent fanbase....

A good half of Sonata Arctica's discography..'Unia' and 'Silence' are turds almost all the way through, and my God, his accent gets more and more horrible.

Cryptopsy...they've reached rock bottom, but were they really that great to begin with? Not really..

Dark Tranquillity.....one of those examples of how eliminating any exciting ideas from your writing makes you 'mature' and 'classy'...

Alestorm...junk...Turisas...junk... (new) Eluvietie.. junk....the disposable folkish thing is getting incredibly old and stale at a frightening rate...

but hey, all of this ^ is teh bestest ever ever ever ever and no music can ever beat it or given a fair chance against teh hype machine...so I might be totally off. Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 811939

Notice I did not hit 'Nightfall in Middle Earth' and 'Operation: Mindcrime'. Those are probably overrated just because of the sheer overwhelming praise they get, but I honestly think they're awesome albums. So they won't get the axe.

................ I dont like this guy..... LMAO just kidding You would hate my entire cd colletion though. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:32 pm

hahahaha. some great responses here.....i'm glad that some dudes refuse to enter the sleep theater of sonata plastica or the jungle of the angry rednecks.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Anthrax - Among The Living

Didn't like it when it came out (and I was a huge fan of the first 2), I just thought so many of the lyrics were stupid and the songwriting was second rate.

I temporarily gave up on the band...but then they released Persistence Of Time which is actually one of my favorite Metal albums of the 80's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:40 pm

Quote :
Persistence Of Time which is actually one of my favorite Metal albums of the 80's.

Persistence came out in 90. Smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 pm

detuned wrote:
Anthrax - Among The Living

Didn't like it when it came out (and I was a huge fan of the first 2), I just thought so many of the lyrics were stupid and the songwriting was second rate.

I temporarily gave up on the band...but then they released Persistence Of Time which is actually one of my favorite Metal albums of the 80's.

Yea I dont get how Among The Living is suppose to be such a great album. When they got back together everyone was saying the Among The Living line up is back but they had an album before that called Spreading the Disease that was probably 1000 times better than Among and if I remember correctly the same people that recorded that album recorded Among as well lol. I never got that. Its probably my least favorite of theirs
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Tough Critic most of what you listed I own   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Symphony X period.. sick

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:57 pm

OPERATION:MINDCRIME. I love their first ep, first two albums and EMPIRE but never carred about this one much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
Persistence Of Time which is actually one of my favorite Metal albums of the 80's.

Oops. It "sounds" like an 80's metal album anyway. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:44 pm

detuned wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Oops. It "sounds" like an 80's metal album anyway. Laughing

Yes, but Grunge hadn't fully taken off in 1990 yet......
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Out of the 'big 4', I always liked Anthrax the least. I don't hate them, so I didn't list them, but nothing ever held much appeal to me at all. Maybe a little of the first one with the shrieks and such.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Pretty much every modern band's album discussed on metal message boards.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Ya I agree with you. They never appealed to me much either. I listen to a few of their tunes but thats about it. I love their earlier stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Another:

Bride. I have tried to like their stuff, but poor production and terrible singing has left them to the "maybe one day I'll try again" pile. Those are the same reasons I can't stand Tourniquet. sick

I thought Tourniquet has had pretty good production by Bill Metoyer. scratch
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:20 pm

The vocals on most AC/DC records.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 pm

JP - Nostradamus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Every album Dream theater ever made.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Every album Dream theater ever made.

I agree with exeption of the song "Pull Me Under".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next