Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"

Go down 
+8
Required Fields
sam
nevermore
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
manny
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Empty
PostSubject: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:03 am

Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" 1ptrans

Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" 1ptrans DEICIDE's GLEN BENTON Slams POISON's BRET MICHAELS - Jan. 7, 2009
Bassist/vocalist Glen Benton of Florida-based death metallers DEICIDE has posted the following message on his MySpace page:

"Glen's Bible verse of the day…

"Be it to me to thrust morality into anything I write, and I'm sure once again I will get a lot of guff over this, but man it has to be said by someone and I figure who better to say it but me, that freedom of speech thing I value so dear to my heart…

OK… Who is with me on that the whole Bret Michaels 'Rock Of Love' thing is the stupidest thing ya ever seen in your life? It makes me want to buy his records just so I can throw them at passing cars… Come on, ya got this dude who's day came and went with the Jheri curl, and the moon-walking craze. Now VH1, in their desperate hour, gives this glitter-glam goof from yesteryear a show about what? Old whores and some new ones who are just as desperate as him that no bands making records today would touch… or, should I say, any of us who have any respect for ourselves… and our families. I have had the displeasure of seeing a couple of episodes, and it is clearly a feeble attempt on everyone's behalf involved in that show to obtain the almighty 15 minutes of fame and play it out as long as they can… It's going on three seasons now, and now ya got this doofus out and about in the States on buses with his troop of bim bags. You can easily see any of these chicks at your local strip bar. If that's your gimmick.

"I do have to give it to him on the man side of things, any man would… Do you really think you're gonna find love in that pile of silicone and barf breath though? I do enjoy seeing them kick each other's asses because I think it is fitting punishment for their part as the unlovable douchebags they are. Putting that many menstruating crazy women in one place hell is going to break loose and he deserves all the aggravation that comes with it. Who, in their right mind, would want to deal with that for any price? But, then again, what else was he doing before this? Nothing!!! I'm sure he is getting paid a pretty penny to deal with that and provide us with entertainment, and I'm sure he is getting great ratings by the man population of the world… What man wouldn't want to see a good cat fight… meow… What's next? 'Bret Michaels Rock of Love Health Department'? We can watch him go and get something frozen off or see him squirm as he gets the ole Q-tip swab test...hee hee…

"The whole reality show thing I think has gotten way out of control, and maybe it's just me, but I miss good old comedy television were it isn't done solely for the enrichment of someone's deflated ego…

"Damn, I wish 'The Three Stooges' were still alive…YUCK YUCK YUCK…"

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 am

Wow... who'da thunk that one day I would actually agree with Glen Benton on something?? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 am

Glen Benton is just pissed because VH1 rejected his pilot of "Rock of Love: Death Metal Style" In this version of the show the lucky winner would have an inverted cross burned into her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am

manny wrote:
Glen Benton is just pissed because VH1 rejected his pilot of "Rock of Love: Death Metal Style" In this version of the show the lucky winner would have an inverted cross burned into her forehead.

Laughing very hard +1.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

HA!!!

I think I would actually watch that over Brett Michaels' pileOcrap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:44 pm

manny wrote:
Slightly off-center and crooked. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Easy everyone, Glen lives in a trailer about an hour from me. I have all of your addresses.

Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Don't really know the man, but I can't say that I disagree with him either. "Reality" tv has gotten way out of hand. Never been much of a fan, but my wife watches that poop MTV dishes out all the time. I last for almost 3 seconds before all the sarcastic comments start spewing out and I'm asked to leave the room. Ahhhhh, the joys of marriage! whip

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25893

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 pm

I agree with Glenn about this.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wow... who'da thunk that one day I would actually agree with Glen Benton on something?? Laughing

same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:00 pm

manny wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Quote :
OK… Who is with me on that the whole Bret Michaels 'Rock Of Love' thing is the stupidest thing ya ever seen in your life?

He hit it right on the head there
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Rock of Love & for that matter all "reality" shows that i have seen do indeed suck. i have never seen a good one, unless you count Cops.

Benton is still a tool though.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Well, there's two bands we know won't be touring together anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Quote :
Benton is still a tool though.

I'm surprised you don't like him mc.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:17 am

i like Deicide, just don't care for Benton himself. i've met him...he's a tool.

skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:07 pm

I have to agree with Glen on this issue too. I watched about 4 minutes of that crap this weekend and that did me for a life time. Reality my ass!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"   Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glen Benton talks "Rock of Love"
Page 1 of 1