Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't

Go down 
+29
scottmitchell74
metalmaniac122
Velvet Creation
White_Mage
mc666
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
XYZ
Lurideath
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
krokus
Orion Crystal Ice
ThrashedOutCobra33
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
candlemass
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
DeathCult
akeldama
skullsmasher
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Empty
PostSubject: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 am

Well, I took MC666's suggestion seriously, and made this thread

as for me.. - SLAYER - REIGN IN BLOOD

Sorry, but that album means nothing to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 am

The entire Slayer catalog.
As well as anything Cannibal Corpse related.
And I have a deep rooted PURE BLACK HATRED for Appetite for Destriuction.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:24 am

Can't stand Metallica's Black Album, Load, Re-Load, etc.

Nor do I care for any post-APPETITE G&R.

Never liked Motley Crue much other than their first two.

I abso-frickin-lutely DESPISE late 80s KISS (i.e. CRAZY NIGHTS, HOT IN THE SHADE)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:31 am

anything by Motorhead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 am

I hate Rust in Peace by Megadeth, Appetite from GNR, Vio-lence's Eternal Nightmare (actually everything I have heard from them), I'm not crazy about Judas Priest's Painkiller record, I don't like Vengeance's Human Sacrifice album except for a couple of songs....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:36 am

Reign In Blood for me too, I prefer South Of Heaven or Seasons In The Abyss alot...

Another one Paranoid, I love only the song Iron Man from that album... I prefer a lot their debut or the Dio's albums era...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:37 am

Led Zeppelin-IV not because the music is bad but because were I live (Tampa, Fl) the classic rock stations act like it is the only album that has ever existed !!!! It is another reason I avoid listening to the radio they play the same songs over and over and over no matter what format
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:38 am

spectrefate wrote:
I hate Rust in Peace by Megadeth, Appetite from GNR, Vio-lence's Eternal Nightmare (actually everything I have heard from them), I'm not crazy about Judas Priest's Painkiller record, I don't like Vengeance's Human Sacrifice album except for a couple of songs....

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:50 am

spectrefate wrote:
I don't like Vengeance's Human Sacrifice album except for a couple of songs....

At the risk of making myself even more unpopular than Spec just did, I'll chime in that I never liked Vengeance Rising's output much at all.

I never "got" what all the whoop-de-doo was about Bloodgood either, now that I think about it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 am

Wow, I like all the above mentioned stuff. The one that I really don't care for is "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. It's alright every now and again but I just don't find this band to really do much for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 am

Another:

Bride. I have tried to like their stuff, but poor production and terrible singing has left them to the "maybe one day I'll try again" pile. Those are the same reasons I can't stand Tourniquet. sick
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:05 am

Anything from G'n'R.
Master Of Puppets
Anything by Skynyrd.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:15 am

spectrefate wrote:
Those are the same reasons I can't stand Tourniquet. sick

Me no like Tourniquet neither.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:15 am

spectrefate wrote:

I love Rust In Peace and Vio-Lence (I can understand the offput here too) and Painkiller, but Im with ya on the other too, and Ive actually never really liked Vengeance Rising all the much in the first place. Metallica- Master Of Puppets Ive never cared for much at all and would place it high in the running for most overrated of all time. Didn't care for Headless Cross by Black Sabbath either among others. Oh, and Tourniquet sucks too Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 am

way too many to be mentioned there......
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:57 am

GnR - Appetite - not a fan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:30 am

spectrefate wrote:

ha, i'd wished marty never left hawaii.....
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Anything by Motley Crue, Scorpions, Dokken
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Those are the same reasons I can't stand Tourniquet. sick

Me no like Tourniquet neither.

I don't like their debut album!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Jar of Flies - Alice In Chains lame
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Wow!!! I love that cd I am surprised to see it listed !   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:24 pm

MoonChild wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:25 pm

I never cared much for King's X's "Out of the Silent Planet". It was a little too "ordinary". They would recover nicely with "Gretchen" though.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Bride - Snakes in the Playground

Many see these as defining lp's for the band, I don't hate them, I just don't get it, I think they both have better lp's in their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I never cared much for King's X's "Out of the Silent Planet". It was a little too "ordinary". They would recover nicely with "Gretchen" though.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 pm

manny wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Wow!!! I love that cd I am surprised to see it listed !

Ironically that is one of the most boring and stupidest CD I have ever listened to. angry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next