Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't

Go down 
+29
scottmitchell74
metalmaniac122
Velvet Creation
White_Mage
mc666
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
XYZ
Lurideath
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
krokus
Orion Crystal Ice
ThrashedOutCobra33
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
candlemass
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
DeathCult
akeldama
skullsmasher
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Every Pantera album
every Guns N Roses album
everything Metallica did after Master of Puppets.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Slayer in general
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:07 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
And I have a deep rooted PURE BLACK HATRED for Appetite for Destriuction.

If you don't mind me asking, why? I understand your aversion towards Ted Nugent but.....
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:19 pm

I was never blown away by:

Jerusalem (Sweden)
Bloodgood
Impelleteri

and as RP, Shiney, and others know; I'm real fussy about my stripped down basic R & R. I like some of it, but I'm a real hard sell. I think a lot of it is over-rated frankly.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:26 am

Iron Maiden-Killers (good album but nowhere near their best IMO)

Albums in the past I didn't care for but am willing to give another chance in the future:

Iced Earth-s/t
Testament-Demonic and The Gathering

Can't think of any others at this time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:46 am

Ya Iron Maiden's Killers I could never get into I dont know why either.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:01 am

Saxon's Denim & Leather, Def Leppard's On Through The Night, post Rust Megadeth, and anything by Bride & that gawdawful King's X.

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:14 am

[quote="Fat Freddy"]
spectrefate wrote:

I never "got" what all the whoop-de-doo was about Bloodgood either, now that I think about it.

lol! I never know there ever was hype around that band, though I like their 80's putput very much myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:22 am

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings (apart from the title track. Yay, dark album and all, but freaking boring all the same)

Def Leppard - On Through the Night (has some good songs, but nowhere near as good as the rest of their 80's catalouge)

Slayer - even when I was into Thrash bigtime, I could never really get into these guys, although I appreciate their historic importance.

Bad English - just recently picked up their two CD's, expecting great AOR but it's just too "fluffy" for me I guess...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:32 am

I wouldn't really care if I never heard King's X again either.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:20 am

"Ride The Lightning" is a big one for me everyone hails it as the best or second best Metallica album ever but to me theres only maybe 3-4 songs I can listen to over and over again "Creeping Death" "For Whom The Bell Tolls" "Escape" and "Call Of The Ctulu" but that ones a strech everything else on this album is just a flop as far as I'm concered "Fade To Black" is an uber-boring song IMO and "Trapped Under Ice" "Fight Fire With Fire" just plain suck and "Ride The Lightning" is decent but far from there best

and then all Dream Theater I've heard Most Children Of Bodom and some of Maidens Later albums same goes for Preist's more symphonic type stuff

lol! Probaly just lost all my cred but that just what I think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:03 am

Chinese Democracy-GNR

Death Magnetic- "Tallica

Black Ice- AC/DC
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 am

Anything by Slayer (with the exception of the song Reign in Blood), Motorhead, Dream Theater, Pantera.... Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 288219
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:57 am

Nirvana, Journey and Pearl Jam, I know these are bands but every album by these guys would fall into this category for me. I hate these bands. Hates their guts and livers, I do.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:33 am

Any album Chris Cornell sings on. Cannot stand his voice. He reminds me of this tiger that was in this old cartoon, think of those early Hanna-Barbera ones. The premise was there was a circus, a hapless ringmaster, and a clever tiger who would always pull pranks on him and muck up everything, and Cornell sounds just like this tiger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:49 am

Reign in Blood (not bad, but besides "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood" it's so repetetive.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:51 am

AC/DC- The Razors Edge and Stiff Upper Lip
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:53 am

Lurideath wrote:
Every Pantera album
every Guns N Roses album
everything Metallica did after Master of Puppets.

I feel sorry for you lol i guess that's just the kind of music you either love or hate. I personally LOVE Pantera, love AJFA and the "Black Album" like some of Load/Reload and like St. Anger, and love GN'R. oh well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:08 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Pretty much every modern band's album discussed on metal message boards.

ToB, the day you give praise to a modern band's album we'll think there is something wrong with you. Wink
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Wow I am surprised by some of the choices, since a lot the albums listed are among my favorites, also I have a feeling that I am in the minority here but I think Chris Cornell is an excellent vocalist !!! But the thread did read albums you are "supposed" to love, it has been an interesting read.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:53 pm

manny wrote:
Wow I am surprised by some of the choices, since a lot the albums listed are among my favorites, also I have a feeling that I am in the minority here but I think Chris Cornell is an excellent vocalist !!!

I agree, Chris Cornell is an excellent vocalist.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:31 pm

White_Mage wrote:
"Ride The Lightning" is a big one for me everyone hails it as the best or second best Metallica album ever but to me theres only maybe 3-4 songs I can listen to over and over again "Creeping Death" "For Whom The Bell Tolls" "Escape" and "Call Of The Ctulu" but that ones a strech everything else on this album is just a flop as far as I'm concered "Fade To Black" is an uber-boring song IMO and "Trapped Under Ice" "Fight Fire With Fire" just plain suck and "Ride The Lightning" is decent but far from there best.

lol! Probaly just lost all my cred but that just what I think

I've never told anyone this, but ditto. Some great songs, but a big disappointment to me after Kill e'm All.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:32 pm

Megadeth - Rust in Peace, it's a great album but I just don't like it if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Quote :
I have a feeling that I am in the minority here but I think Chris Cornell is an excellent vocalist

A growing minority! I love his voice.

Master Of Puppets - don't love, just like

Rust In Peace - ditto

Pink Floyd - entire discography
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: The entire Pink Floyd discography?   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:03 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I have a feeling that I am in the minority here but I think Chris Cornell is an excellent vocalist

A growing minority! I love his voice.

Master Of Puppets - don't love, just like

Rust In Peace - ditto

Pink Floyd - entire discography
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't   Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you are "supposed" to LOVE, but don't
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next