Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)

Go down 
+2
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:34 am

I have it. I'll upload it when I get home later (going fishing now).
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:02 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Interesting demo. It's 'Diary', not 'Last December' BTW, which sort of explains the name actually. Interesting how different it is musically, it seems a lot more classic thrash. In fact, the entire demo does, in some ways. Thanks again for this, Eyesore.

No it was Last December, same music,

EDIT: looks like pieces were split up into both songs

Really? I can't say I recognised any of the music personally, it all sounded very different. All I recognised were the 'Diary' lyrics.

Anyway, I have a few more Purgatory demos and live tracks lying around somewhere that one of that Bill Owen of Purgatory / Unearthed sent me ages ago, I'll try and find them. It's fun, because you can always hear riffs that were used again later by Jon, as Eyesore pointed out with 'Haunted House'.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:10 am

[quote="kmorg"]
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Instead of making a new thread, I thought i'd post some locations for the old Purgatory demos

Psychotic Dreams
http://demo-series.blogspot.com/2008/07/purgatory-psychotic-dreams-pre-iced.html

Burning Oasis
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=382721373[/quote]

The first one was encrypted.

The pass is one the webpage
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
Cool. I didn't have the "Burning Oasis" demo. I wish the rest of the songs from that demo were there, though.

Here another miscellaneous track I have.

HAUNTED HOUSE (Demo)

That's a demo from 1989. Demons & Wizards fans will recognize it. Sadly it's an incomplete version. =(

Its only missing one track I think, hopefully that turns up somewhere.

Jon should release all this.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:19 am

Funny hering the original songs Jack and Dracula. both ended up when Iced Earth recorded thier Horror Show album, but they were drastically changed. I never knew they had a Horror Show demo released as Purgatory.

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
Funny hering the original songs Jack and Dracula. both ended up when Iced Earth recorded thier Horror Show album, but they were drastically changed. I never knew they had a Horror Show demo released as Purgatory.
Yup. Jon had that idea waaaaaaay back in the day. You'll notice in the Purgatory version of "Dracula," there's a part he later used in "Diary." Is anything even the same between the two Draculas besides the title?

Anyway, HERE are some early live tracks—"Bladed Chain," "Burning Oasis," "Jack," "Purgatory," and "Stormrider." It's a 32MB zip file. The song "Purgatory" is what later became "1776."

🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Ack, seems Eyesore beat me to it. I'm pretty sure that's all my Iced Earth related demo material exhausted. I have the Unearthed demo, mind, but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in that.

Anyone else have anything to add to this collection of goodies?

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Smindas wrote:
Ack, seems Eyesore beat me to it. I'm pretty sure that's all my Iced Earth related demo material exhausted. I have the Unearthed demo, mind, but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in that.

Anyone else have anything to add to this collection of goodies?
Unearthed demo? I have a demo of Demons & Wizards' "Heaven Denies." Did you get the Barlow version of "A Charge To Keep?"
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:15 pm

Yeah, a few years back all the original members of Purgatory, bar of course Jonjon, rejoined as Unearthed. They recently released an album, but Gene Adam left the band before it came out. He's on the demo though, sounding as hilarious as ever and reusing the lyrics from 'Written On The Walls'. Bill Owen used to plug the band a lot over at the Iced Realm forum before the site closed. If you'd like, I can up it?

Yeah, I got the Barlow 'A Charge To Keep', but I'm interested in the 'Heaven Denies' demo. Care to hook me up? Thanks.

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:38 pm

No thanks, then. Well, how is it? Any good?

HEAVEN DENIES (Demo)
THE WHISTLER (Alternate Version)

Tossed in that other track in case you didn't have it, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)   Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cauldron (Pre-Iced Earth Barlow)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2