Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage

The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:49 pm

The second one doesn't look bad. The first one (as well as the actual cover itself) are both godawful. Mind you, I'm not expecting much from this album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 12:29 am

i'm glad i'm not the only one hating the new artwork. System had an amazing cover... sad they could not match it.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 3:05 am

Vic should always remain like the cover of RIP.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 9:16 am

Love the second one. The first one isn't bad, but a pink Vic? GAK!

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 9:22 am

I prefer the second one over the first one.

mc666 wrote:
System had an amazing cover... sad they could not match it.

Agree!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 10:54 am

These pix are kinda cool but the actual album cover is kinda over the top... it looks like it should be on the cover of a Marvel comic with huge blurbs across the bottom like "THIS IS IT! VIC VERSUS THE WORLD! AND HUMANITY HANGS IN THE BALANCE!"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
These pix are kinda cool but the actual album cover is kinda over the top... it looks like it should be on the cover of a Marvel comic with huge blurbs across the bottom like "THIS IS IT! VIC VERSUS THE WORLD! AND HUMANITY HANGS IN THE BALANCE!"

Something about the colors don't seem right. It's too bright and vibrant for the subject matter, almost as if it was done in pastels. It needs to be darker.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:30 am

I actually quite like both of these, but I always found Vic more hilarious as a skullalicious abomination in a suit.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:43 pm

The new album has a few really good old school type tracks from the band.-TJ
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 3:47 pm

Vic is pink looking because his skin is regenerating from his skeletal frame.
The pink you are seeing is because his blood is still visible through his skin,
which has not completely thickened yet. I would think that any artist
could glean that meaning from these pieces.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 12:44 pm

very disappointing
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 11:52 am

mc666 wrote:
i'm glad i'm not the only one hating the new artwork. System had an amazing cover... sad they could not match it.

i always thought system had a rubbish cover but still better than risk or cypric writing. the best cover is the original killing is my business cover it is quite cool.

the new artwork is awesome i really like it
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:11 pm

they have put bonus tracks on it but only demos

i must pick it up at some point cos i want the cover of paranoid
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Megadeth to release the "Warchest" boxset   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:37 am

Taken from the Megadeth forums,

Quote :

Megadeth Forum Member

Anyone see this?
http://www.amazon.com/Warchest-Megadeth/dp/B000TNF7N8/ref=sr_1_1/104-2230635-7543967?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1184821792&sr=1-1
Amazon has a new boxset listed as an October 15th release date, titled "Warchest". Amazon says 4 CD's and a DVD. They have it listed as an import though.
Kind of interesting since Dave said this on his 7-7-07 post:
"I hope that we all will always remain friends for what we accomplished these last two years restocking my "Warchest"."

Anyone know anything of this?

Quote :
Dave Mustaine

it is pretty impressive and there is a lot of rare stuff in there. i will make an official announcement real soon!

and;

Quote :

Dave Mustaine

Droogies!

Well another week has come and gone and we had a busy one over here in sunny Fallbrook. I met with the record company, new merch company, talked with my agents and band, my webmasters here and at MySpace, our DVD director, one of the artists for the band, the publishing company, the business manager, the attorney, the personal manager, the Storekeeper, Ken (eng. on U.A.), DigiDesign, AND did interviews, while being a Daddy and Husband. [Author reserves the right to an psuedo-Alzheimer moment if I have forgotten someone]

The best part though, besides my family and my immediate inner circle, is coming here and seeing you everyday whilst I am at home. Those that I know (sorta) are even more fun to see. In the meantime with getting the "life in order" bit, I have found tons of old demo tapes again, so my creative juices are flowing! Especially with everything going on!! Touring, new releases, yikes!!! Time to start sorting out a wompazillion files. UGH!

Things are good with the label and we talked about what to do next, as well as the video for whatever single we choose and what director. We also have the making of U.A. to discuss. I also talked to EMI about the box set (which I was listening to while writing this morning), and to the artist for the project to wrap this release up for the future. I love some of the really rare stuff on U.A., and there are a few songs on the record I would skip, but they are so important for telling the whole story of Megadeth, that I left them in there.

Next was talking to the folks at Image about the remaining songs from "That One Night", as well as finishing up the Gigantour 2006 film featuring Megs and Lamb Of God, and that meant getting my schedule sorted stat! I am almost finished fixing my studio to do video editing and I hope to start with Michael Sarna as soon as possible on the work in front of us. We have so much stuff to do; CD from Image, the extra songs, the 06 DVD, and the making of the UA record video, and that's not including if we choose him to do a video again, instead of just make films.

We started working out our schedules for the upcoming NAMM show, and I think it is very possible that all four of us will be there at the same time. It would be rad to do a little private party for you Droogies through Dean, but it would probably be a logistical nightmare. The Official Megadeth eBay store will have loads o’ new stuff coming in, and I think the band guys are going to send some stuff the Storekeepers way again soon, too.

Lastly, for now, I can say we have about 40-50 more shows this year, and then we break for the Holidays. We are going to have a heavy schedule for next year, and promise to try our best to see you all.

So now, I am going back to sorting my studio and deciding which new songs to add into our headlining set in the states. Now that we have gotten some good road behind us, I want to keep playing stuff that exhilarates me. It is hard to decide which songs to play or not. I may need your help again. Thankfully James knows a lot of the back catalogue and we can mix it up each night. I sometimes worry about the people that won't get to hear the songs they are familiar with, instead of us taking a trip down memory lane, deep into our catalogue.

Well, it’s time to prepare my body to darken the doorway of a church with my shadow.

Have a great day today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:18 pm

No idea, but hopefully it's not a bunch of crap that's already been released. Unreleased tunes, demos, all that stuff is good, as long as it's not been released already.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:20 pm

I'd have to wait and see more details, but I'm a sucker for more Megadeth- old, new, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:59 pm

Interesting. Once I find out what the contents are, I might buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:12 pm

i'm guessing it's mostly live stuff, i could be wrong.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:21 pm

I wanna see the track listing. Sounds interesting though. I dig box sets.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:41 pm

I pretty much echo the curioisty displayed by everyone above.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: MEGADETH - Killing Is My Business   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:47 am

If you have this on CD, which version do you have and prefer. There are currently three different CD versions floating around.

The Megadeth thread - Page 3 41TC9WZY42L._AA240_
1) The original pressing on Combat Records features the original cover and mix and all eight songs, including "These Boots".

2) Later Combat Records pressings only have seven songs, deleting "The Boots". These versions are the original mix and feature the original cover.

The Megadeth thread - Page 3 152496-839956923
3) The 2002 reissue features a "new" cover design, even though this cover was what Dave and Dave had wanted to begin with. The songs are remixed, remastered. "These Boots" is included but with a bunch of annoying edits. This version also contains remastered versions of the three songs from the band's first demo.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:48 am

I prefer the original version on Combat....that's what I have.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:50 am

I have the Combat version that's missing "These Boots." (I still hope to find the original with that song included one of these fine days.) When it was reissued with the "new" cover I picked it up because "These Boots" had been re-instated into the running order, but those "BLEEEEEEEEPS" over all of the "objectionable" bits were so annoying that I traded the disc away pretty quick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 am

I have the COMBAT version missing These Boots and the 2002 remaster/remix. The remix has some elements that I hate.

I prefer the original COMBAT version that I do not have.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:11 am

I have the original Combat.And prefer it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 3 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next