Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:31 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Is this album any good?

For me definitly one of the highlights this year.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I am amazed at how this exclusive deal stuff works. It's playing on the pysche of people somehow. If that album was available everywhere, would it sell that much? As big as AC/DC is, I'd say no. For some reason, the idea of it being a Walmart exclusive is lending it a more special quality, which is triggering something in people. Weird.

I mean, this is about to outsell Stiff Upper Lip in its first week? That's insane. Especially now, with all the downloading and whatnot.

I think the reason Walmart have had so much success with AC/DC, The Eagles and Journey to a certain extent is that build an old fashion campaign around the album. They generate a buzz and make it an event as opposed to just another CD release from AC/DC. Record labels could learn a thing or two about marketing and selling music from Walmart.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:42 pm

maybe its becuase its a different approach to normal and that interests people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:51 pm

Maybe it's because The Eagles, Journey & AC/DC realize that their target audience are the blue collar-working class people that shop at Wal Mart....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:51 pm

...Maybe it's because Walmart is one of the few stores that still sells CDs'.... Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:07 pm

maybe cds are the new thing now lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:11 pm

TheGooch wrote:

They're considered "retro" now, so that makes them hip again. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Quote :
i must say the rest of the tracks are starting to grow on me

AC/DC is like that rash in your crotch. butt dance
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

They're considered "retro" now, so that makes them hip again. Laughing

totally. maybe people are coming back to liking having a physical product instead of just a few digital files.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:43 pm

I just ripped the remasters of Flick of the Switch and Ballbreaker, then compared them to the originals. There is a difference. Someone earlier said there wasn't. There's a huge difference in Flick of the Switch, and a very minimal one in Ballbreaker. The remaster of that one was probably pointless, as I'm sure the Stiff Upper Lip remaster is, too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I just ripped the remasters of Flick of the Switch and Ballbreaker, then compared them to the originals. There is a difference. Someone earlier said there wasn't. There's a huge difference in Flick of the Switch, and a very minimal one in Ballbreaker. The remaster of that one was probably pointless, as I'm sure the Stiff Upper Lip remaster is, too.

I picked up the remaster of for those about to rock (needed it for my collection anyway) and it's louder than the non remaster of back in black
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:05 am

What color is AC/DC logo on the front cover of everyone's copy of "Black Ice"? Mine is white. I saw there were also yellow and red versions too.

I'm really enjoying this album. Far superiour to Stiff Upper Lip IMO.

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:09 am

I bought the yellow logo cover.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 am

i got the yellow cover but as i ordered it of the net i did not get the choice
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:51 am

ultmetal wrote:
What color is AC/DC logo on the front cover of everyone's copy of "Black Ice"? Mine is white. I saw there were also yellow and red versions too.

I'm really enjoying this album. Far superiour to Stiff Upper Lip IMO.

From what I read, the red logo is the primary, most available version. The yellow & white covers are more limited and the blue cover is exclusively for the deluxe edition. I don't know what's the number break-down for each one, but if Walmart purchased 3 million copies right off the bat, I'd say you can probably find whichever colored cover you want at this point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:28 am

Picked up the blue limited addition
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 am

thejokeriv wrote:

What's deluxe about it?

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:52 am

It comes with lettuce, tomato and mayo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Crap, I hate mayo. I think i'll go get this today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

What's deluxe about it?

Fancier booklet with more purty pics of a sweaty Angus. No additional tracks or anything. I think the track listing is the same on all 4 discs, nomatter what color the cover.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

What's deluxe about it?

Fancier booklet with more purty pics of a sweaty Angus. No additional tracks or anything. I think the track listing is the same on all 4 discs, nomatter what color the cover.

That's about it - plus it's like a book (bound like a book, the last page holds the CD) and not a digipak. Also includes the lyrics - don't know if the otehr versions do or not.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It comes with lettuce, tomato and mayo.

Mines blue... I didnt see the version spec said. I would have picked that up in a heart beat.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:35 pm

blue, deluxe edition
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:13 pm

White, they didn't have the blue one.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Just picked it up and it's going in the player right now. They had the yellow, blue, and white versions at my local Walmart, but there were no additional tracks so I got the regular edition even though they were all $11.88. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next