Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Red because i'm a Blazers fan.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:29 am

With each listen this is growing on me a lot. At first it was exactly what I expected, but after several spins I'm really starting to love it.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 6:01 pm

TheGooch wrote:
and a lot of filler with a few average rockers

my opinion might change but so far "meh". at least its an excuse for a tour

perfectly stated; can't believe he's just aimlessly wailing about shite like "wheeelllss" "decibel" & stormy may stuff... surprised but will still make a point to try to hit up the local show via some ebay tix.
surely they won't play a lot of these new tunes anyway.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
What color is AC/DC logo on the front cover of everyone's copy of "Black Ice"? Mine is white. I saw there were also yellow and red versions too.

I'm really enjoying this album. Far superiour to Stiff Upper Lip IMO.

I got the red one. I went out and looked for the blue but couldn't find it. I don't know if I agree that it's superior to SUP (I thought that disc was brilliant), but it smokes 'BallBreaker'.

The more I listen to this disc it ROCKS! 'Stormy May Day', 'Big Jack', 'War Machine', 'Smash Grab'... some really good stuff here....

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:25 pm

I got the yellow version

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:16 pm

Local radio station played the vinyl version of it in it's entireity. I'd say its mediocre at best, which is unfortunate as I was looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:45 am

tohostudios wrote:
I got the yellow version

🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 am

I have the blue version now.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
I have the blue version now.

same here

also, anybody feel like rock 'n' roll dream has a real zeppelin vibe to it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:14 pm

sam wrote:

One of my favorites from this album. I was thinking more like Rainbow. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:45 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
What color is AC/DC logo on the front cover of everyone's copy of "Black Ice"? Mine is white. I saw there were also yellow and red versions too.

I'm really enjoying this album. Far superiour to Stiff Upper Lip IMO.

I got the red one. I went out and looked for the blue but couldn't find it. I don't know if I agree that it's superior to SUP (I thought that disc was brilliant), but it smokes 'BallBreaker'.

The more I listen to this disc it ROCKS! 'Stormy May Day', 'Big Jack', 'War Machine', 'Smash Grab'... some really good stuff here....

Happy

i must say i prefer stiff upper lip to black ice based on the production alone
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
sam wrote:

One of my favorites from this album. I was thinking more like Rainbow. don\'t know

Okay I see that too, I remember listening to it and thinking man this is cool, very different for them.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:05 am

What an awesome album! The best album I have heard from the monster from Down Under! One major thing I straight away noticed is the refined but powerful vocals of Brian Johnson!

Keep rocking guys!

AC/DC is still my favourite band and forever will be!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:36 am

Sounds like AC/DC to me. I like it loads better than Stiff Upper Lip though. The distortion doesn't sound so minimal on the new album.

I like Ballbreaker better.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:03 pm

MoonChild wrote:
What an awesome album! The best album I have heard from the monster from Down Under! One major thing I straight away noticed is the refined but powerful vocals of Brian Johnson!!

I agree, he does sound powerful and well rested/re energized !!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 pm

the sentinel wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
What an awesome album! The best album I have heard from the monster from Down Under! One major thing I straight away noticed is the refined but powerful vocals of Brian Johnson!!

I agree, he does sound powerful and well rested/re energized !!!

i am remembering correctly but didnt brian give up smoking before making the album. angus still smokes though
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:28 pm

And the song Black Ice takes the cake for me......
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 am

Here is the setlist and small news blurb:

Jessica Letkemann of Billboard.com had the opportunity to see AC/DC's "final dress rehearsal" for their "Black Ice" Tour in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania in front of thousands of contest winners and invite-only industry personnel.. Here is her report of the show.

In a hail of faux-cannon shots and fireballs, AC/DC played a "final dress rehearsal" for its Black Ice World Tour last night (Oct. 26th) at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., in front of thousands of contest winners and invite-only industry personnel. The trek kicks off tomorrow at the venue.

The lights went down at 8:10 as an animated AC/DC film played and a giant locomotive moved out to center stage, surrounded by fireworks. Guitarist Angus Young, in his trademark black school-boy uniform, played the opening notes of new single "Rock N' Roll" train and got the crowd quickly shouting its approval.

The 14-song show soon segued into AC/DC classics like "Back in Black" and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," with singer Brian Johnson and company testing out the elaborate stage set: 21 Marshall amps with a bridge across them, assorted pyrotechnics, a phallic stage extension with a raised platform at the end and a glass panel laid into the main stage so a cameraman could catch Young's guitar-handling from underneath.

A giant bell descended for "Hell's Bells" and Young climbed the ringing rope to open the song. A plus-sized blow-up doll was deployed for "Whole Lotta Rosie," straddling the train prop and manned by a tech tasked with tapping her car-sized foot to the beat. Besides "Rock N' Roll Train," the title song from "Black Ice" was the only other new tune played.

The show came on the heels of blockbuster first day sales of the Wal-Mart-exclusive "Black Ice" album, which sold an estimated 193,000 copies on Oct. 20th, according to sources.

Here is AC/DC's set list:
"Rock N' Roll Train"
"Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"
"Back In Black"
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
"Thunderstruck"
"Hell's Bells"
"You Shook Me All Night Long"
"TNT"
"Black Ice"
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
"Let There Be Rock"

Encore:
"Highway To Hell"
"For Those About To Rock"
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:36 pm

manny wrote:
Here is the setlist and small news blurb:

Jessica Letkemann of Billboard.com had the opportunity to see AC/DC's "final dress rehearsal" for their "Black Ice" Tour in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania in front of thousands of contest winners and invite-only industry personnel.. Here is her report of the show.

In a hail of faux-cannon shots and fireballs, AC/DC played a "final dress rehearsal" for its Black Ice World Tour last night (Oct. 26th) at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., in front of thousands of contest winners and invite-only industry personnel. The trek kicks off tomorrow at the venue.

The lights went down at 8:10 as an animated AC/DC film played and a giant locomotive moved out to center stage, surrounded by fireworks. Guitarist Angus Young, in his trademark black school-boy uniform, played the opening notes of new single "Rock N' Roll" train and got the crowd quickly shouting its approval.

The 14-song show soon segued into AC/DC classics like "Back in Black" and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," with singer Brian Johnson and company testing out the elaborate stage set: 21 Marshall amps with a bridge across them, assorted pyrotechnics, a phallic stage extension with a raised platform at the end and a glass panel laid into the main stage so a cameraman could catch Young's guitar-handling from underneath.

A giant bell descended for "Hell's Bells" and Young climbed the ringing rope to open the song. A plus-sized blow-up doll was deployed for "Whole Lotta Rosie," straddling the train prop and manned by a tech tasked with tapping her car-sized foot to the beat. Besides "Rock N' Roll Train," the title song from "Black Ice" was the only other new tune played.

The show came on the heels of blockbuster first day sales of the Wal-Mart-exclusive "Black Ice" album, which sold an estimated 193,000 copies on Oct. 20th, according to sources.

Here is AC/DC's set list:
"Rock N' Roll Train"
"Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"
"Back In Black"
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
"Thunderstruck"
"Hell's Bells"
"You Shook Me All Night Long"
"TNT"
"Black Ice"
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
"Let There Be Rock"

Encore:
"Highway To Hell"
"For Those About To Rock"

Here's a PIC of the set list...
AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 2981934720_e6328e0045_b
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:00 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:19 pm

It is AC/DC on about half the songs but I think they changed a bit and went to more of a blues rock and some of the songs and as a whole it is quite good.

To me Brians vocals really shine on this effort could be that he quit smoking. To me it's their best effort in a long time and from all indications it will be their highest selling cd in 27 countries it's #1 in sales!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:51 am

It's all hype. I really don't think this album is that better than Stiff Upper Lip, which I find to be ridiculously underrated. It's human nature to follow the path of least resistance, even when it comes to opinions. If this album was Stiff Upper Lip, I bet it'd be hailed as a return to forum, like Black Ice is.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:07 am

Eyesore wrote:
It's all hype. I really don't think this album is that better than Stiff Upper Lip, which I find to be ridiculously underrated. It's human nature to follow the path of least resistance, even when it comes to opinions. If this album was Stiff Upper Lip, I bet it'd be hailed as a return to forum, like Black Ice is.

I don't think its a return to form, IMO AC/DC were never not on form.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 am

metalmaniac122 wrote:

I don't think its a return to form, IMO AC/DC were never not on form.
This is absolute truth and only the truth! 🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Black Ice vinyl finally came in!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next