Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:42 pm

sweet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:50 pm

MoonChild wrote:
metalmaniac122 wrote:

I don't think its a return to form, IMO AC/DC were never not on form.
This is absolute truth and only the truth! 🤘
Well, yeah, but you know what I meant! Haha. This album is being called just as good as Back In Black. That's retarded, of course. Hype always makes something "better."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:41 pm

Besides, no AC/DC will top the Bon Scott-era for me.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:30 pm

i think maybe this album would benefit from cutting out some of its flab but i am enjoying it a lot at the moment. is it as good as back in black. no, but thats not the best ac/dc ever either IMO
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:25 am

Black Ice entered the Billboard chart at #1 and has sold nearly 800,000 units.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:27 am

tohostudios wrote:
Besides, no AC/DC will top the Bon Scott-era for me.

I agree 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:08 pm

from CNN, AC/DC have outsold 'High School Musicial 3" soundtrack:

NEW YORK (AP) -- AC/DC made their new album, "Black Ice," available only at Wal-Mart and through their Web site, but that hasn't limited its success: The CD not only has topped the charts in more than two dozen countries, it debuts atop the latest U.S. album chart with sales of more than 780,000 copies.AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Art.acdc.ap

Angus Young, left, and Brian Johnson of AC/DC pose for a photograph in September.

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Corner_wire_BL

"It's overwhelming, and quite hard to take in," the legendary group's lead singer, Brian Johnson, said Wednesday after learning his group had 2008's second-biggest album debut.

"Even an old dog like me has a few more surprises in life, I guess," he said, chuckling.

The group beat out "High School Musical" for the No. 1 spot.

According to figures released Wednesday by Nielsen SoundScan, "Black Ice" sold some 784,000 copies in its first week of release; the teen-oriented movie soundtrack sold about 297,000 copies.

(The year's biggest album debut so far belongs to Lil Wayne, with a million copies sold of "Tha Carter III.")

In making Wal-Mart the only retailer for their album, AC/DC joined the likes of the Eagles and Journey, who have all had strong success.

"It was a win-win situation, and they decided to make it into a big thing with AC/DC merchandise and good deals with the other albums with the catalog," Johnson said. "This has been a wonderful thing."

The CD has topped the charts in 29 countries since its release in the recent days.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:47 pm

manny wrote:
from CNN, AC/DC have outsold 'High School Musicial 3" soundtrack:

NEW YORK (AP) -- AC/DC made their new album, "Black Ice," available only at Wal-Mart and through their Web site, but that hasn't limited its success: The CD not only has topped the charts in more than two dozen countries, it debuts atop the latest U.S. album chart with sales of more than 780,000 copies.AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Art.acdc.ap

Angus Young, left, and Brian Johnson of AC/DC pose for a photograph in September.

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Corner_wire_BL

"It's overwhelming, and quite hard to take in," the legendary group's lead singer, Brian Johnson, said Wednesday after learning his group had 2008's second-biggest album debut.

"Even an old dog like me has a few more surprises in life, I guess," he said, chuckling.

The group beat out "High School Musical" for the No. 1 spot.

According to figures released Wednesday by Nielsen SoundScan, "Black Ice" sold some 784,000 copies in its first week of release; the teen-oriented movie soundtrack sold about 297,000 copies.

(The year's biggest album debut so far belongs to Lil Wayne, with a million copies sold of "Tha Carter III.")

In making Wal-Mart the only retailer for their album, AC/DC joined the likes of the Eagles and Journey, who have all had strong success.

"It was a win-win situation, and they decided to make it into a big thing with AC/DC merchandise and good deals with the other albums with the catalog," Johnson said. "This has been a wonderful thing."

The CD has topped the charts in 29 countries since its release in the recent days.

awesome. thankfully it beat that piece of rubbish hsm3
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:01 pm

780K... Awesome news! I'm happy for'em. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:26 am

Anyone else get a ZZ Top vibe from the song "Decibel"?

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:06 am

tohostudios wrote:
Anyone else get a ZZ Top vibe from the song "Decibel"?

I can't say that I did, toho, but I will be on the listen for it next time I spin it. A friend at work has my copy right now. Peace.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:55 am

Specifically, it reminds me of "Waiting For The Bus" from Tres Hombres

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Specifically, it reminds me of "Waiting For The Bus" from Tres Hombres

a very good song and album to be sure
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:32 am

Only listened to this once but it was more than satisfactory. I have only been a casual AC/DC fan but I know enough to know that this album is exactly one would expect from these legends. The most admiralble aspect of these guys IMO (and I know this is most people's) is that unlike many of their peers, AC/DC doesn't feel the need to update their sound to stay relevant. Plus beating out that HS Musical BS is icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Plus beating out that HS Musical BS is icing on the cake.

DIE HSM 🤘, That's awsome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 am

Am I the only one who thinks at AC/DC are really over saturating the market?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:05 pm

possibly in the states by the sound of things they are
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Yes
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Schbopo wrote:

How so?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Wal Wart's got all the big displays and there's commercials on and at least 50% of people I know have AC/DC merchandise of some sort, and now they're playing all the new songs on the radio all day! Even MTV is playing a lot of their videos when they occasionally decide to show videos, at like 4 am. They're unavoidable.

I love AC/DC, but I'm really getting tired of them.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:29 pm

They're a legendary band with a new release. It's just promotion. It'll die down soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 4:28 pm

My music guys hooked me up with a free copy. I got the red cover with a promo sticker on the back covering the UPC. I haven't purchased a Brian Johnson-era cd since For Those About To Rock, but I like what I'm hearing so far. Looking forward to seeing them in a coupla weeks.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:16 pm

If I had known that there was a special editon that included lyrics for only a dollar more I would have got that one (why do bands insist on releasing special editions when they could easily have included the lyrics in the origional).

Quote :

Maybe, but who cares? At least it's better than the majority of crap that over saturates the market.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:35 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Wal Wart's got all the big displays and there's commercials on and at least 50% of people I know have AC/DC merchandise of some sort, and now they're playing all the new songs on the radio all day! Even MTV is playing a lot of their videos when they occasionally decide to show videos, at like 4 am. They're unavoidable.

I love AC/DC, but I'm really getting tired of them.
This was the norm back in the day. Has radio not always played a ton of AC/DC songs on the radio? All but one song from Back In Black is a rock radio staple. This sort of marketing is the thing that made bands huge back in the day. You're from the I LIKE IT SO I DESERVE IT FOR FREE generation, so you don't understand the power and necessity of marketing. Why do we need to see it on TV and hear it on the radio all the time when 9 million people are hosting a torrent file of the album, right?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:13 pm

i got ballbreaker today and i must say it is better than most people give it credit for. a most enjoyable slab of ac/dc to spin when writing crappy history essay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next