Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I got all the reissues because of the extra tracks or else I wouldn't have bothered either.

What "extra tracks?" There aren't any.
AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 2212237738_d37cec7599
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:49 pm

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 647664

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Man I am loving this album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Did it come out already? I know Tuesday is release day, but did this one get one of those special releases?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Yes Walmart released it today.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Yea it came out today. Dont you read anything???

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Eyesore wrote:
Did it come out already? I know Tuesday is release day, but did this one get one of those special releases?

Wal-Mart's release date for it is today. (Tuesday is usually release day for CDs, but Wal-Mart can do whatever it wants, obviously.)

I was hoping to head outta here during my lunch break to go pick one up but didn't have a chance Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:21 pm

This sounds awesome, too bad I'm broke.
Blew all my cash on a new guitar. AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 37951:
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:09 pm

lol!

As soon as I posted that question I knew someone would say this if the release date was today. Either way, it wasn't answered in the last reply. Laughing
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I got all the reissues because of the extra tracks or else I wouldn't have bothered either.

What "extra tracks?" There aren't any.
AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 2212237738_d37cec7599

If you go to their website and insert any AC/DC 2003 remaster cd (Bonfire excluded), they each have bonus tracks,photos,etc. For example, insert Powerage and it has the track Cold Hearted Man.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
lol!

As soon as I posted that question I knew someone would say this if the release date was today. Either way, it wasn't answered in the last reply. Laughing

haha

Ive listened to this twice but I havent really been paying attention to it cause ive been reading a lot of stuff on here. From what I do get to pay attention to though does sound pretty good. The album sounds great. Brian's voice sounds better than it has in I dont know how long. I just there was a little more singable classic kind of sounding songs. Even though its what you would expect from AC/DC there isnt that sort of anthem sounding song. I'll be listening to this at work tomorrow so I could change my mind by then.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Waiting til next week, I already bought tons of comics & CDs this paycheck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:08 pm

Saw the commercial for this CD on TV tonight. Will pick it up eventually.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Picked it up today - I like it so far, only heard it once. Will listen to it at work tomorrow. And Brian Johnson sounds the best he's sounded in years.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:29 am

I got it yesterday, and I must say, it's the best they've done in a long time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 am

Interesting (IMO) take from Walmart on AC/DC:

20-Oct-08Wal-Mart’s Director Says ""With AC/DC We've Created A Whole Music Destination"
Submitted by: DSR

Jed Gottlieb of the Boston Herald reports:

For those about to shop, AC/DC and Wal-Mart salute you.

Those nostalgic for the heyday of record stores may decry Wal-Mart selling AC/DC’s "Black Ice" exclusively, but money talks - and exclusive deals are fast becoming the one proven formula for moving millions of units in a dying CD market.

Today’s release of "Black Ice," the Aussie rockers' first album in eight years, continues the exclusive deal trend the world's biggest retailer began in 2005 with Garth Brooks. More followed, including deals for albums by Journey and the Eagles, whose Wal-Mart-distributed "Long Road out of Eden" sold a staggering 3.1 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Black Ice" is poised to repeat, or maybe top those numbers.

"We obviously had success with the Eagles, but with AC/DC we've created a whole music destination with one legendary band at the center of it," said Steve Restivo, Wal-Mart’s director of corporate affairs for the Northeast. "It's a store-within-a-store concept. We wanted to create something unique. So there will be all of AC/DC's catalog albums for sale, along with DVDs and all kinds of band merchandise. In some stores there will be Rock Band games to demo."

Considering AC/DC CDs and T-shirts have been flying off Wal-Mart's shelves for decades, the budget-priced $11.88 "Black Ice" and all-you-can-buy buffet of merch could be a potent cash cow.

Some Wal-Marts, including one in Plymouth, pulled a page from now-defunct Tower Record's playbook by putting the album on sale at 12:01 this morning.

Exclusive deals with retailers areemerging as a way to boost sales at a time when sales of physical CDs are trending downward. Best Buy announced last month it was jumping on the exclusives bandwagon after inking a deal to release Guns N' Roses' endlessly awaited "Chinese Democracy" on Nov. 23rd. Guns N' Roses is handled by Eagles' manager Irving Azoff - an open advocate for releasing albums through a single retailer.

Depending on how the AC/DC and Guns N’ Roses discs do, the trend could bloom into an industry standard.

"It’s tough to predict," Restivo said. "It will come down to the releases in any given year. And it comes down to what our customers want."

It looks like Wal-Mart already knows what customers want: a whole lotta rock at those always-low prices.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am

manny wrote:
Interesting (IMO) take from Walmart on AC/DC:

20-Oct-08Wal-Mart’s Director Says ""With AC/DC We've Created A Whole Music Destination"
Submitted by: DSR

Jed Gottlieb of the Boston Herald reports:

For those about to shop, AC/DC and Wal-Mart salute you.

Those nostalgic for the heyday of record stores may decry Wal-Mart selling AC/DC’s "Black Ice" exclusively, but money talks - and exclusive deals are fast becoming the one proven formula for moving millions of units in a dying CD market.

Today’s release of "Black Ice," the Aussie rockers' first album in eight years, continues the exclusive deal trend the world's biggest retailer began in 2005 with Garth Brooks. More followed, including deals for albums by Journey and the Eagles, whose Wal-Mart-distributed "Long Road out of Eden" sold a staggering 3.1 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Black Ice" is poised to repeat, or maybe top those numbers.

"We obviously had success with the Eagles, but with AC/DC we've created a whole music destination with one legendary band at the center of it," said Steve Restivo, Wal-Mart’s director of corporate affairs for the Northeast. "It's a store-within-a-store concept. We wanted to create something unique. So there will be all of AC/DC's catalog albums for sale, along with DVDs and all kinds of band merchandise. In some stores there will be Rock Band games to demo."

Considering AC/DC CDs and T-shirts have been flying off Wal-Mart's shelves for decades, the budget-priced $11.88 "Black Ice" and all-you-can-buy buffet of merch could be a potent cash cow.

Some Wal-Marts, including one in Plymouth, pulled a page from now-defunct Tower Record's playbook by putting the album on sale at 12:01 this morning.

Exclusive deals with retailers areemerging as a way to boost sales at a time when sales of physical CDs are trending downward. Best Buy announced last month it was jumping on the exclusives bandwagon after inking a deal to release Guns N' Roses' endlessly awaited "Chinese Democracy" on Nov. 23rd. Guns N' Roses is handled by Eagles' manager Irving Azoff - an open advocate for releasing albums through a single retailer.

Depending on how the AC/DC and Guns N’ Roses discs do, the trend could bloom into an industry standard.

"It’s tough to predict," Restivo said. "It will come down to the releases in any given year. And it comes down to what our customers want."

It looks like Wal-Mart already knows what customers want: a whole lotta rock at those always-low prices.

while one could argue it harms whatever independent retailers are left, you could argue on the other hand that it is a positive way to reverse the trend of poor sales caused by downloading
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Smart independent retailers are doing the same thing. Newbury Comics has exclusive 7-inches they give away for free with certain releases, limited edition drinking glasses, extra CD booklets autographed by all band members, etc.

You evolve, you survive.

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:49 pm

I have an exclusive 7 inch if anyone cares.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 pm

I bought it yesterday... and LOVE IT!!! 🤘 The guitars are so crisp that they seem to JUMP right out at you! It RAWKS!!!! happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Listening to this now, by the way. Brian does sound way better! Even hitting a few higher notes. But what's with the weird robotic gurgle you hear from time to time? It's when he begins a word from a lower note. Weird.

Anyway, they got some different sounds on this one. Some might scoff, but "Anything Goes" is almost 80s pop rock. But I dig it. "Decibel" is my favorite track so far.

And has anyone seen Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, or Blow Up your Video at Walmart?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:10 pm

[quote="spectrefate"]I have an exclusive 7 inch if anyone cares.[/quote

Oh, yeah. Well what band is...oh, you are just despicable mister!!! angry
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Listening to this now, by the way. Brian does sound way better! Even hitting a few higher notes. But what's with the weird robotic gurgle you hear from time to time? It's when he begins a word from a lower note. Weird.

Anyway, they got some different sounds on this one. Some might scoff, but "Anything Goes" is almost 80s pop rock. But I dig it. "Decibel" is my favorite track so far.

And has anyone seen Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, or Blow Up your Video at Walmart?

Eyesore, I picked up the album yesterday, and listened to it twice while travelling. I agree with you that Brian sounds a lot better. I don't know if someone has mentioned it, but supposedly he didn't smoke any cigs 2 months prior to the recording of this album. I guess Mr. Johnson attribues that to why his vocals sound better.

I also like both "Anything Goes" and "Decibel". When I heard "Anything Goes", I actually thought he sounded like Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees in certain parts. If there are any Bee Gees fans out there, let me know what you think regarding this. I've never heard Brian's voice like this before.

Regarding the issue surrounding "Flick of the Switch", "Fly On The Wall", and "Blow Up Your Video"....I had trouble finding these at each of the three Wall-Mart locations in or on the outskirts of where I live. About a month and a half ago, I happened to see the "Blow Up Your Video" at a gas station, so I relented, even though it was $10.00. About every other two weeks, I would go into Wall-Mart looking for the other two albums, but no dice. Finally though, last week, I went in and saw ONE copy of both "Flick" and "Fly", and needless to say, I grabbed them!

I was beginning to think that these were the only 2 C.D's of the AC/DC catalog that weren't going to be carried by their stores. I was beginning to think that these albums were out of print.

Which of the new CD's did you pick up? I got the limited edition with the 30 page booklet, but just barely. One of the locations in town was totally sold out, so I went to the Wall-Mart on the outskirts of town, figuring smaller town, and luckily my assumptions were correct. They had maybe 6 copies left. The lady asked me why the blue was so popular, so I informed her. She said she would get on the horn to get more of these in. Maybe you should talk with someone regarding those other albums. They seem to listen to their clientele.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:44 pm

There's a blue version? Man, I got the regular red version. I didn't think there was a difference between them but the font color. I didn't see a blue version, though. Guess it was the popular one.

Anyway, today I just grabbed Ballbreaker. I own the original, but figured I'd upgrade. They didn't have any of the others I don't have. Kind of bummed me out. I will try another Walmart at lunch today.

Oh, and did Johnson say he just quit for 2 months? I thought he quit for good. If not, he's a tard. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next