Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:02 pm

oh now look whos getting angry. cant take a dose of his own medicine me thinks
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:41 am

Normally I feel that Eyesore can be a little to direct with people, but I have to back him on his feelings regarding the both of you. The thing that I've noticed for the most part about the two of you, is the lack of substance regarding either one of your posts. The fact that we are in our 30's, and the fact that the both of you are in your teens, probably has a lot to do with it. I haven't interacted with many teens since I taught.

Clearly, I think music is one of those outlets where people of all ages can get together and talk. Though, I tend to enjoy to talk with people who provide a little more depth in regards to the topic at hand. I can tell you that I definitely shy away from those posts that don't have much to add. Certainly, I don't think that every post has to be that way, because some threads/posts just don't warrant it.

I'm sure the both of you might be able to see it from our vantage point in another 15 years or so.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I was just in a Wal-Mart this AM and they are full-on, big willie pimpin' the fact that the new AC/DC comes out on Monday. There were big signs right near the entrance of the store with a picture of Angus on'em, a big display of the NO BULL DVD and the rest of the back catalog near the CD department, and a big selection of AC/DC t-shirts (both BLACK ICE oriented as well as reproductions of classic tour shirts) and other gear in the clothing department.
The back catalog CDs were only $7.00 except for BACK IN BLACK and WHO MADE WHO, which were $9 for some reason... I was about to throw BLOW UP YOUR VIDEO and RAZORS EDGE in our cart when my wife shot me the "we don't have money for that sh*t this week, put'em back" look. Sad

Only $7? I may be picking up some of that back catalogue on Monday that I don't have on CD......
I just picked up three for $7 a piece Saturday or so. Great deal. I might just upgrade all the non-remasters I have (which is like two or three). You can't beat the price. Although, Back In Black is $9. Laughing

I have got plenty of cd's from a very cheap price on walmart. But I would love to own the original TNT album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:36 am

TheGooch wrote:
oh now look whos getting angry. cant take a dose of his own medicine me thinks
Angry? My own medicine? I'm not angry, and if you'd given me a dose of my own medicine it would have been intelligent and made sense.

Last edited by Eyesore on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:37 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Normally I feel that Eyesore can be a little to direct with people...
I don't know, man. I think you're about as straightforward as I am. Haha. I sound mean online a lot. But I'm not. That's why I occasionally try to elaborate on my feelings, like I did last page. As you can see, it doesn't always get through.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:18 am

thats becuase i dont really care about your opinion of me becuase i dont actually really know you.

on the subject of Black Ice, IMO it is a very good AC/DC album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:47 pm

TheGooch wrote:
thats becuase i dont really care about your opinion of me becuase i dont actually really know you.
It's because you're childish. Multiple people here have expressed displeasure with the way you conduct yourself here, and you blow them off. Like I said, this is a discussion forum, and you discuss nothing.

Go on, explain the point of your random post in the Tesla thread. Go ahead. Try to make it make sense.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 pm

wanna give us a list. cos i see only three (the usual suspects, i might add) and nots not what i would call a Multiple (IMO).

im sure someone mentioned the reel to reel album in the tesla thread so thats why i said it but know i read it it does not seem to be there anymore. so i dont know what happened becuase it was relevant when i wrote that post.

and since when do you say anything relevant half the time, its just smurfette, smurfette, smurfette half the time

oh and hear is a recent quote of me saying something relevant

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
there is still no announcement on
their website yet. i dont think it will come out. i think it is a media
stunt to help us not forget the album

I hate to agree with the Gooch, but I'm starting to think he's on to something. There is no information/promotion anywhere except Best Buy.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Im not even bothering myself to read whats going on with this little "discussion" haha. Anyway got Black Ice today the limited edition one with the pictures, lyrics etc... Pretty nice little package and some good pictures. I even got a nice little deal. It was suppose to be 13.88 but they messed up and I got it for 11.88 or something so I saved a couple of bucks. Thanks Wal Mart!

I wasnt really going to bother with the AC/DC remasters but lately I keep seeing them used to maybe i'll get them eventually. I have all the albums already so the only reason to rebuy them is for the upgrade otherwise theres no sense. Is there lyrics in the booklets? Wal Marts got the $7 deal but why are some $9? I know someones thats got a discount card so just maybe I might get them I see them cheaper used though. Anyone know how long the sale is for?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:12 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I wasnt really going to bother with the AC/DC remasters but lately I keep seeing them used to maybe i'll get them eventually. I have all the albums already so the only reason to rebuy them is for the upgrade otherwise theres no sense. Is there lyrics in the booklets? Wal Marts got the $7 deal but why are some $9? I know someones thats got a discount card so just maybe I might get them I see them cheaper used though. Anyone know how long the sale is for?

The remasters are pretty nice, but I'm not bothering to re-buy the AC/DC albums I already have... Each remaster's booklet has a nice little essay about the album full of trivia, vintage pix and stuff like that so if you really geek out on that sorta thing then I'd say go nuts, but if you just need the tunes they're not totally necessary. It would be harder to say "no" if each of them had bonus tracks or something like that, but they don't. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The remasters are pretty nice, but I'm not bothering to re-buy the AC/DC albums I already have... Each remaster's booklet has a nice little essay about the album full of trivia, vintage pix and stuff like that so if you really geek out on that sorta thing then I'd say go nuts, but if you just need the tunes they're not totally necessary. It would be harder to say "no" if each of them had bonus tracks or something like that, but they don't. Sad

i will concur that the essays in the booklets are rather interesting to read although they come at the expense of lyrics
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:14 pm

I bought the Highway To Hell remaster a while back and I don't think it sounds any different than the original.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I bought the Highway To Hell remaster a while back and I don't think it sounds any different than the original.

Yea, I have three of the remasters thus far (BACK IN BLACK, HIGH VOLTAGE and FLICK OF THE SWITCH) and they don't sound radically different to me either. Then again I was upgrading from cassette copies on those, not from earlier CDs.

I'd gladly buy the remastered versions of the other AC/DC's I'm missing on disc but I'm not going to get rid of my original CDs I've already got. That band has already gotten enough of my $ over the past 25 years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Im not even bothering myself to read whats going on with this little "discussion" haha. Anyway got Black Ice today the limited edition one with the pictures, lyrics etc... Pretty nice little package and some good pictures. I even got a nice little deal. It was suppose to be 13.88 but they messed up and I got it for 11.88 or something so I saved a couple of bucks. Thanks Wal Mart!

Picked up that version as well - not sure why some were $7 and some where $9 - I noticed HTH/BIB were $9 - I bet it has to do with which albums sell the best out of the back catalogue - the best sellers are priced higher.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Is it any louder?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Nope.

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:52 pm

TheGooch wrote:
wanna give us a list. cos i see only three (the usual suspects, i might add) and nots not what i would call a Multiple (IMO).
That's because you're not a member of the Goochies Must Die Club.

Quote :
im sure someone mentioned the reel to reel album in the tesla thread so thats why i said it but know i read it it does not seem to be there anymore. so i dont know what happened becuase it was relevant when i wrote that post.

Wrong. Are you really going to defend that random post by saying somehow what you were replying to has since been removed? Pffft!

Quote :
and since when do you say anything relevant half the time, its just smurfette, smurfette, smurfette half the time
Incorrect. I tried to reason with you a few pages back, but you blew me off. I have little respect, even for people online, that can't for one second be mature about things. Sorry.

If you want people to show you some respect, even strangers on the internet, then take a moment to think and read before you join in a CONVERSATION. It's very simple, man. Don't ask a question until you've read previously replies to see if it's already been answered. You get that, right? It's not hard to understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Wal Marts got the $7 deal but why are some $9?
The $9 ones are their more popular discs, of course.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:00 pm

Figured... I guess if there isnt any lyrics or anything then there really isnt a reason to get them. Maybe when im finally caught up on my collection I'll consider it. By then they'll be even cheaper hehehe

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:03 pm

I decided agaisnt getting the reissues, no bonus tracks which I was disappointed in, they are lot Bon Scott classics never released over here like "R.I.P. (Rock in Peace)' "Love Song" and Crasbody in Blue. Also the sound really isn't any better than when the CDS were last remastered. The only difference is that they have good liner notes and cool pictures but I stick to what already have and stick to buying the new album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:14 pm

I got most of the reissues through SwapaCD. I didn't own anything before that. So that's the only reason I might upgrade. I think I've only got like two that aren't reissues. And I have the single CD version of Live. I want the double. And then there are still a few more I don't own, like Blow Up Your Video and a few others.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:28 pm

I got all the reissues because of the extra tracks or else I wouldn't have bothered either.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 pm

akeldama wrote:
I got all the reissues because of the extra tracks or else I wouldn't have bothered either.

What "extra tracks?" There aren't any.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:31 pm

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Oops
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:32 pm

There are no extra tracks on the American reissues, as a matter fact the only reason they were remastered and reissued again is because AC/DC signed with Epic and got the rights to their back catalog which is worth millions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next