Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Why don't you F*CKING READ THE DAMN POSTS YOU REPLY TO! What is wrong with you?

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZOqal02hARWzyM:http://www.icecream-van.com/Chill%2520Out%2520Logo%2520%25AE.GIF

Cool
lol!

anybody else heard Sirius' new ac/dc (channel 29) radio station?
ac/dc 24 hours a day kicks ass
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Why don't you F*CKING READ THE DAMN POSTS YOU REPLY TO! What is wrong with you?

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZOqal02hARWzyM:http://www.icecream-van.com/Chill%2520Out%2520Logo%2520%25AE.GIF

Cool
Sorry, after 900th time of this kid asking questions that were answered in a previous post, you'll feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:50 am

AC/DC is coming to Tampa on Dec. 21 but it is going to cost $92.25 and this is before Ticketmaster service fees!!! They go on sale on Friday but I think I am going to have to pass, which stinks, I just can't afford the price tag, which really sucks I have seen them in 1983, 1985, 1988. 1991, 1995, and 2000, but with the price everything going up and my salary staying the same I can't afford it.
$92.95 !!! angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:12 pm

manny wrote:
AC/DC is coming to Tampa on Dec. 21 but it is going to cost $92.25 and this is before Ticketmaster service fees!!! They go on sale on Friday but I think I am going to have to pass, which stinks, I just can't afford the price tag, which really sucks I have seen them in 1983, 1985, 1988. 1991, 1995, and 2000, but with the price everything going up and my salary staying the same I can't afford it.
$92.95 !!! angry

yeah, that's nuts/

I was looking through my old ticket stubs the other day, the one that jumped out was Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour....$12.85. Those were the days....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 pm

yeah, that's nuts/

I was looking through my old ticket stubs the other day, the one that jumped out was Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour....$12.85. Those were the days....[/quote]

Now you couldn't buy Iron Maiden's Powerslave cd at FYE for that price !!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Here's more AC/DC news :

30-Sep-08AC/DC's "Rock Band" Game Coming In November + The Band Adds New Dates To Their Tour
Submitted by: DSR

The first band to get to get its very own version of MTV's videogame "Rock Band" will be AC/DC. The hard-rock icons will be featured in "AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack," an expansion to the popular music game that will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, reports Stephen Totilo of mtv.com.

The 18-song Track Pack will contain songs from AC/DC's "Live at Donington" DVD (recorded in 1991) and is scheduled to ship in November for $40; it will be released in Europe, Australia and New Zealand in December. Despite the game's designation as a Track Pack, the Wal-Mart Web site indicates that it is a "stand-alone" effort, not requiring ownership of either "Rock Band" or "Rock Band 2" (it requires instruments, of course).

Until now, AC/DC's music has rarely been featured in today's music games, appearing only once in "Rock Band 2" and not at all in "Guitar Hero." AC/DC's "Rock Band" treatment balances the move last summer by Activision that made Aerosmith the first band to get its own version of "Guitar Hero."

While Activision indicated in an address to investors that Metallica will be getting its own "Guitar Hero" as well, "Rock Band"'s special-treatment strategy had previously seemed to focus not on bands but on albums; classic Judas Priest and Pixies albums have already been released as downloadable content for the MTV game. In August, Entertainment Weekly reported that several more albums, including the Foo Fighters and others.

Track list for "AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack":
"Thunderstruck"
"Shoot To Thrill"
"Back in Black"
"Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
"Heatseeker"
"Fire Your Guns"
"Jailbreak"
"The Jack"
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
"Moneytalks"
"Hells Bells"
"High Voltage"
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
"You Shook Me All Night Long"
"T.N.T."
"Let There Be Rock"
"Highway To Hell"
"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:23 pm

sounds cool. hopefully it will be released on a console i own
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:34 pm

someone needs to stop the rockband/guitar hero flood
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Saw this at another forum and thought it was interesting:

AC/DC WAL-MART DEAL GETS THUNDERSTRUCK:

October 1, 2008

The AC/DC Wal-Mart exclusive is about to be thunderstruck as US stores prepare to bring in stock of 'Black Ice' from outside the USA.

One independent chain told Undercover News that, "we have been able to order Black Ice in from Argentina for $8.25 per unit and will be able to sell it for less than the Wal-Mart price".

The ease of buying from anywhere in the world makes a farce of the "exclusive deal".

By forcing the real music stores to shop internationally for their stock, SonyBMG America will be the loser in the deal.

"We can buy from anywhere," the store source said. "With technology and international accounts, if a major like SonyBMG America decides they don't want to do business with us, we will do business with other territories. Why should we allow them to disadvantage our businesses and piss off our customers".

The value of the US dollar right now has made it simple to do deals internationally and allow stores to shop for the best price.

The AC/DC exclusive deal looks set to fizzle. US shoppers may find the Black Ice album in their local stores but they won't necessarily be US produced good ... and the customers won't care.

AC/DC's Black Ice album is due for US release on October 20.

Courtesy of
http://undercover.com.au

...Haha! Way to stick it to THA MAN!!!

...although honestly, I doubt that this little end-run by the indie shops (brilliant idea though it is) is really going to put much of a dent into Wal-Mart's sales on the album. Let's face it, outside of hardcore music geeks like those of us who post on this board, most people simply aren't in the habit of making a special trip to a music store to buy their CDs anymore. Millions more go to Wal-Mart every day, not just for music, but for everything else, so I'm sure they'll still sell a few bazillion BLACK ICE CDs to faithful WalMarters who will gladly throw it in their shopping carts along with the potato chips, fabric softener, towels, etc., etc.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I agree it is not going to effect Walmart, BMG , or AC/DC's bottomline.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 pm

manny wrote:
I agree it is not going to effect Walmart, BMG , or AC/DC's bottomline.

I've read that Wal-Mart will be pimping the hell out of the new album with TV commercials, big store displays with not only the new CD but ALL of their back catalog albums at a special price, etc., etc... so I'd imagine that their old albums will experience a sales bump as well. Hell, I'd gladly stop in there to upgrade some of my oldies that I don't have on CD yet if the price is right.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:51 pm

They already a huge display at the local Walmart, you should like the prices, the discography i are priced for 6.99 to 9.99. Strange when I was kid they used to have churches picketing AC/DC outside their concert halls, now a fortune 500 company is promoting their newest album at a corporation know for its so called family values. Somewhere out there Bon Scott must be smiling
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Saw this at another forum and thought it was interesting:

AC/DC WAL-MART DEAL GETS THUNDERSTRUCK:

October 1, 2008

The AC/DC Wal-Mart exclusive is about to be thunderstruck as US stores prepare to bring in stock of 'Black Ice' from outside the USA.

One independent chain told Undercover News that, "we have been able to order Black Ice in from Argentina for $8.25 per unit and will be able to sell it for less than the Wal-Mart price".

The ease of buying from anywhere in the world makes a farce of the "exclusive deal".

By forcing the real music stores to shop internationally for their stock, SonyBMG America will be the loser in the deal.

"We can buy from anywhere," the store source said. "With technology and international accounts, if a major like SonyBMG America decides they don't want to do business with us, we will do business with other territories. Why should we allow them to disadvantage our businesses and piss off our customers".

The value of the US dollar right now has made it simple to do deals internationally and allow stores to shop for the best price.

The AC/DC exclusive deal looks set to fizzle. US shoppers may find the Black Ice album in their local stores but they won't necessarily be US produced good ... and the customers won't care.

AC/DC's Black Ice album is due for US release on October 20.

Courtesy of
http://undercover.com.au

...Haha! Way to stick it to THA MAN!!!

...although honestly, I doubt that this little end-run by the indie shops (brilliant idea though it is) is really going to put much of a dent into Wal-Mart's sales on the album. Let's face it, outside of hardcore music geeks like those of us who post on this board, most people simply aren't in the habit of making a special trip to a music store to buy their CDs anymore. Millions more go to Wal-Mart every day, not just for music, but for everything else, so I'm sure they'll still sell a few bazillion BLACK ICE CDs to faithful WalMarters who will gladly throw it in their shopping carts along with the potato chips, fabric softener, towels, etc., etc.

don't forget nascar throw rugs and orange soda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:01 pm

So these other stores basically buy bootlegs. Yeah, way to stick it to the man. Too bad that's us.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 am

We have made it to October, closing in on that release date. This is one that I have really been looking forward to for some reason. I usually don't get too jazzed about a new release anymore.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
So these other stores basically buy bootlegs. Yeah, way to stick it to the man. Too bad that's us.

Who said they'd be bootlegs? The album is being released in territories other than the US... so I would imagine these stores would be buying foreign pressings. Indie stores do that all the time.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 am

Well AC/DC have somewhat relaxed their Walmart only policy according to Rolling Stone:
While Wal-Mart secured the exclusive rights for AC/DC’s Black Ice CD, the Australian rockers have satiated America’s independent record stores by giving them exclusive rights to sell the Black Ice vinyl. Indies will also sell a 7′’ single featuring Black Ice’s “Rock N’ Roll Train” and “War Machine.” The vinyl compromise follows reports that indie stores were circumventing Wal-Mart’s exclusive deal by importing mass amounts of Black Ice from South America, where the cheap price of the CD makes selling it in the States profitable. A similar method was implemented by those sneaky record stores in lieu of Wal-Mart’s exclusive release of the Eagles’ Long Road Out of Eden last year. Black Ice will hit shelves on October 20th.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Who said they'd be bootlegs? The album is being released in territories other than the US... so I would imagine these stores would be buying foreign pressings. Indie stores do that all the time.

Yeah, these will be like the CDs I get from NuclearHell; same quality just manufactured for a specific part of the world.

Also, has anyone else noticed how much "Rock N Roll Train" has been showing up on TV? Man, practically every other ESPN highlight montage uses it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:57 pm

I watched Live At Donnington tonight - really miss Bon on the older songs, plus -perfer Phil Rudd on the drums over Chris Slade. Whole Lotta Rosie was played way too fast on the dic (rented it in bluray off netfix).

No Bull in HD is on Paladium at midnight - I might have to stay up and watch it. In an AC/DC mood, can't wait for the show (even though my seats suck big balls), feel like someone about to rock (please salute me)
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 pm

11 DAYS!!! 11 DAYS until Black Ice Comes out! Also, David and I won tickets to AC/DC's "secret show" on October 26th. Oh YEAH!!!! Can't wait!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Waylon wrote:
11 DAYS!!! 11 DAYS until Black Ice Comes out! Also, David and I won tickets to AC/DC's "secret show" on October 26th. Oh YEAH!!!! Can't wait!!! 🤘

lucky son of gun
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:26 pm

Somebody on this board who was going to be the support band on the
North American tour, it will be The Answer, hand picked by a certain
Brian Johnson.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:26 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I watched Live At Donnington tonight - really miss Bon on the older songs, plus -perfer Phil Rudd on the drums over Chris Slade. Whole Lotta Rosie was played way too fast on the dic (rented it in bluray off netfix).

No Bull in HD is on Paladium at midnight - I might have to stay up and watch it. In an AC/DC mood, can't wait for the show (even though my seats suck big balls), feel like someone about to rock (please salute me)

i like chris slades drumming on the dvd it adds a great power to the sound i think. i will agree about the Bon point but i still prefer Brian on record
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:40 am

I also like Chris Slade's drumming on the DVD, and I am a fan of Brian Johnson but Bon Scott on both record and live was a better frontman, singer, and lyricist than Brian Johnson. Brian Johnson is cool, he stepped into a very diffcult situation and has done a great job in creating his own legacy with AC/DC and honoring Bon Scott's memory, I can't imagine anyone but Brian doing such a great job in that role.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:10 pm

manny wrote:
I also like Chris Slade's drumming on the DVD, and I am a fan of Brian Johnson but Bon Scott on both record and live was a better frontman, singer, and lyricist than Brian Johnson. Brian Johnson is cool, he stepped into a very diffcult situation and has done a great job in creating his own legacy with AC/DC and honoring Bon Scott's memory, I can't imagine anyone but Brian doing such a great job in that role.

Slade is probably the better drummer, but Rudd fits the AC/DC sound much better. The AC/DC sound was missing his drumming during the years he was gone - which, other than Razor's Edge, were their weakest years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 7 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next