Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:46 pm

hey metal, before Brian Johnson joined AC/DC he was in band called Geordie. A really cool working band who recorded a few albums with them, and are available on CD. The reason I bring this up is that his singing style was different in Geordie , than it is in AC/DC.

Bit of trivia btw AC/DC first heard of Brian Johnson from Bon Scott himself. Bon's old band Fang opened a few show for them, and Bon had bragged to Angus and Malcolm of this great vocalist he had heard. A few years later, Malcolm remembered this comment and had their manager track Brian down to have him audition for the band, when they found him he was working repairing car roofs or something like that I don't remember, and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:49 pm

The Blue one is I think a limited edition. The CD case is basically a hard booklet. It's designed like a book,...it has somewhat of a binding to it. There are two really nice pics of the band, 2 pictures of Angus, and 1 of everyone else.

lol!

The other 10 pictures are of the video shoot for "Rock & Roll Train", and then of course the lyrics. Do you have lyrics printed in your version?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:50 pm

manny wrote:
hey metal, before Brian Johnson joined AC/DC he was in band called Geordie. A really cool working band who recorded a few albums with them, and are available on CD. The reason I bring this up is that his singing style was different in Geordie , than it is in AC/DC.

Bit of trivia btw AC/DC first heard of Brian Johnson from Bon Scott himself. Bon's old band Fang opened a few show for them, and Bon had bragged to Angus and Malcolm of this great vocalist he had heard. A few years later, Malcolm remembered this comment and had their manager track Brian down to have him audition for the band, when they found him he was working repairing car roofs or something like that I don't remember, and the rest is history.

As much I knew about AC/DC, I'm not sure that I knew either of these. Thanks for the info Manny!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 pm

My local Walmart is going through renovations right now, so the whole store is a mess. They didn't even bother with the whole AC/DC giant displays and all the other promotional stuff. (as of Sunday anyway). The music section is smaller than ever and ain't worth a squirt of pee. The AC/DC stuff is one little cardboard display with some cd's tucked in there.

Quote :
And has anyone seen Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, or Blow Up your Video at Walmart?

My place had one copy of Flick and neither of those other 2.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:

And has anyone seen Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, or Blow Up your Video at Walmart?

When I looked thru the AC/DC display @ my local Walmart on Saturday, FLY ON THE WALL was the only one I didn't see. They seemed to have just about every other disc in the catalog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:13 pm

I didn't see Flick, Blow or Fly at the Walmart I went to - I don't remember seeing ballbreaker either.

I picked up the blue book version. I like this album - really good. Initial impressions is best since for those about to rock - they may change, but probably not.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 pm

it does not grab me totally. some songs are very good and then some sort of merge together
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

When I looked thru the AC/DC display @ my local Walmart on Saturday, FLY ON THE WALL was the only one I didn't see. They seemed to have just about every other disc in the catalog.

All the AC/DC catalog is at the Wal-Mart I shop at. Flick, Video, and Fly never stay on the shelves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:56 pm

I just got all three at the Walmart in Walpole. Passed on the 2CD Live. $14.88 is a bit high for my tastes. I can find it cheaper somewhere else, I'm sure. Now if I upgrade Stiff Upper Lip and Highway To Hell, I'll have all the studio remasters.

What's with every album having 10 tracks? Pffft! And what happened to the bald drummer?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Chris Slade was fired when Phil Rudd was brought back in 1992
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I just got all three at the Walmart in Walpole. Passed on the 2CD Live. $14.88 is a bit high for my tastes. I can find it cheaper somewhere else, I'm sure. Now if I upgrade Stiff Upper Lip and Highway To Hell, I'll have all the studio remasters.

What's with every album having 10 tracks? Pffft! And what happened to the bald drummer?

i found the double live album in hmv for £8 while the single disc version was £10!

bizzare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:34 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

i found the double live album in hmv for £8 while the single disc version was £10!

bizzare
I've seen used discs in bins for $12.99, while the brand new copy, right behind it, is $8.99. Haha.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:58 pm

nice deal
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Hes actually in a new band now called Damage Control. I was looking on his website and looking at his discography. Some of these are kind of a shock.

Tom Jones
Tomorrow
Tom Paxton
Manfred Mann
Tera Nova
Kai Olsson
Frankie Miller
Uriah Heep
The Firm
AC/DC
Asia

I always liked his drum set Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:29 pm

Wow. Yeah, didn't know he did anything else but front Midnight Oil. lol!

By the way, the song "Black Ice" is awesome. It's got that Franz Ferdinand "Take Me Out" kind of riff, which I love.

Anyway, anyone else wish AC/DCs riffs these day had a little more crunch to them? I listen to the earlier albums, and the riffs just had more balls, more distortion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Oh, and why the hell is Who Made Who $9? Dirty Deeds, Highway, Back In Black--I can understand those being $9. But Who Made Who? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:05 pm

lol! midnight oil....

I think the way the guitar sounds now compaired to how it used to sound has to do with the way things are recorded nowadays on pro tools or whatever. Digital recordings make the bands seem a little too dry sounding or something. It also depends on who records/engineers/mixes the album too. The older ac/dc album had somewhat of a live feel to them as well. Its ac/dc though so besides them sounding a little more polished than older albums its still their signature sound.

I cant believe your buying the remasters new either! I know their cheap but im sure can find those used for slightly cheaper. ive seen them 4.99-6.99

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Oh, and why the hell is Who Made Who $9? Dirty Deeds, Highway, Back In Black--I can understand those being $9. But Who Made Who? Pffft!

according to the essay in the remaster. it was the "sleeper hit" of ac/dc's career. it outsold For those about to rock in the states so thats why its $9. i paid £8 for it in the end. i just had to have it for Who Made Who
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 pm

I was at Wal-Mart tonight and picked it up after all.

I'm up to "Wheels" so far, but the standouts so far for me have been "Rock N Roll Train" (classic AC/DC, IMO), "Anything Goes", "War Machine" (another classic sounding song) and "Spoilin' for a Fight".

Oh, I got the "limited edition" yellow version. White looks kinda silly to me, I was leaning towards the standard red, but my fiancee told me to get yellow. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:28 am

Got the blue "deluxe edition" tonight. Sounds great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:05 am

troublezone wrote:
Got the blue "deluxe edition" tonight. Sounds great.
What's the price on the blue version?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:39 am

TheGooch wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

according to the essay in the remaster. it was the "sleeper hit" of ac/dc's career. it outsold For those about to rock in the states so thats why its $9. i paid £8 for it in the end. i just had to have it for Who Made Who

Yea, WHO MADE WHO was huge for them over here, which was kinda weird since it's essentially a compilation album (with three "new" tracks from the "Maximum Overdrive" movie)... it brought "You Shook Me All Night Long" back in a BIG way for them, they shot a video for it and it got tons of play... I was like "What, nobody heard this song when they first released it six years ago?" Haha.

The album certainly did a lot better than the godawful movie it was tied to!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:42 am

Yeah Who Made Who was the album during the summer of '86. I remember still liking You Shook Me then although they constantly played it on our local top 40 station. Today, I can't listen to the song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 am

spectrefate wrote:
I remember still liking You Shook Me then although they constantly played it on our local top 40 station. Today, I can't listen to the song.

Me neither! I'm completely burned out on that track. When I last saw AC/DC on the BALLBREAKER tour, they opened with "You Shook Me..." and at first I was like "Aaaaagh!", then I thought "Well, at least they're getting it out of the way early."

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:51 am

I used to love "You Shook Me All Night Long" but the radio has over played that song to death, but radio seems to do that, they act like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin any other classic rock band you care to name only recorded a handful of songs and than they play them over and over and over.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next