Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine

Go down 
+7
ultmetal
INVADERS
Rex
mc666
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:34 pm

I just bought the cd and it smokes imo. There are 2 songs that seem very nevermore-ish but for most of the part it's just a great metal cd with Warrel on top of his game both vocally and lyrically. Favorite track is Lucretia my reflection. I think Warrel did a great job of making a cd that doesn't sound like his real band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 am

I got a demo copy in a cardboard sleeve for $3. It has a few good moments but i feel that it's a less technical watered down Nevermore sound. The two songs that stand out to me are... The Day the Rats Went to War and Equilibrium.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:27 am

The video to 'Brother' has just been released, and let me say it is... uncomfortable to watch. Clearly, the song itself is incredibly personal and Warrel looks pretty distraught about it. It uses real family footage too. Seriously, just give it a watch, it is quite well done.

Warrel Dane - Brother

I hadn't actually checked out this album yet, but on the strength of the song 'Brother', I may have to pick it up.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:27 am

Thanks for posting the video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 am

As much as I dig NEVERMORE (first 5 anyway), I have had zero interest in hearing this album...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:45 am

I think you'd like this one Shawn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:11 am

Rex wrote:
I think you'd like this one Shawn.

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:17 am

Cuz I said so.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:25 am

Huh, I forgot to post my thoughts. Great album and a contender for the top 20 (competition this year is brutal).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:11 am

Smindas wrote:
The video to 'Brother' has just been released, and let me say it is... uncomfortable to watch. Clearly, the song itself is incredibly personal and Warrel looks pretty distraught about it. It uses real family footage too. Seriously, just give it a watch, it is quite well done.

Warrel Dane - Brother

I hadn't actually checked out this album yet, but on the strength of the song 'Brother', I may have to pick it up.

Yea, you can tell from the video that it's a really heavy subject for him. And I agree, it's a little uncomfortable to watch. Even before that video was made, I got chills just listening to that song. It's a great album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:27 am

Rex wrote:
Cuz I said so.

Oh, well...OK then. I'll get on it...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Warrel Dane - Brother

Yea, you can tell from the video that it's a really heavy subject for him. And I agree, it's a little uncomfortable to watch. Even before that video was made, I got chills just listening to that song. It's a great album.
It's good to see a musician who's willing to bare his soul once in a while. I really like the video and song, just because there seems to be quite a lot of feeling behind it. Definitely gave me chills the first time I saw and heard it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:07 pm

Amazing singer, amazing album, and absolutly one of my favorite songs from this year!

Shawn, A MUST!!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Great song and i love the album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine   Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2