Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrel Dane

Go down 
+18
ghostintheruins
MetalRob331
nevermore
Lurideath
DallasBlack
KissinMaiden
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
juanmiguel
Rex
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Smindas
Temple of Blood
INVADERS
mc666
Troublezone
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:54 am

Do you like his vocals better with Sanctuary or Nevermore? The difference is whether you prefer high pitched shrieking all the time or some of the time like in Nevermore?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:00 am

troublezone wrote:
Do you like his vocals better with Sanctuary or Nevermore? The difference is whether you prefer high pitched shrieking all the time or some of the time like in Nevermore?
well, personally i like his versatility in Nevermore. he adapts to the song.

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:44 am

I prefer he Nevermore Style . . . more depth and emotion, but i do miss the Sanctuary vocals, although the scream at the end of This Godless Endeavor is reminiscent of the Sanctuary days.

WARREL DANE RULES!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:26 am

SANCTUARY by far.

His voice seems to get worse every year in NEVERMORE.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:01 am

I think the first Nevermore is great especially the 2nd song CBF. Warrel does a great mixture of mixing the classic Sanctuary scream with his new lower tone vocals.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:37 am

Nevermore by far. He's actually one of my favourite vocalists, he just has such a great voice and a great sense versatility.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:07 am

I like him in both bands. His voice in "Battle Angels" is what attracted me to Sanctuary back in the 80's. He was high, but his style was still quite unique and really set the band apart. However, I love Nevermore as well.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:27 am

I always liked his Sanctuary vocals better.Never got into Nevermore much.
Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 am

Despite the larger catalog from Nevermore I very much prefer the 2 Sanctuary albums. His voice was more original on those albums.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:15 am

Nevermore by a longshot. But I do wish he'd bust out a few of those "battle angel" moments in Nevermore though.
Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:22 am

Love his vocals. I like the Sanctuary material best.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 am

warrel dane kicks bunghole, perhaps one of the best, most unique vox in modern american metal.

unfortunetely i haven't listened to his Sanctuary material
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 am

I prefer Sanctuary's two albums over most of the Nevermore stuff. I know I've mentioned this in another thread, but aside from the (fantastic) DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD album, I feel like I don't quite "get" Nevermore.
Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I prefer Sanctuary's two albums over most of the Nevermore stuff. I know I've mentioned this in another thread, but aside from the (fantastic) DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD album, I feel like I don't quite "get" Nevermore.

Me too Shhhh..........
Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:00 am

Sanctuary.Any chance of getting a label to reissue/remaster those 2 albums? The mix on "Refuge Denied" is very thin.The vocals are great,but the music sounds a bit sterile to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:11 am

Nevermore by far.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Both are great

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Nevermore!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:13 pm

Never heard him in Sanctuary (I'll try to check it out if possible), but his voice is one of the best most unique voices in metal. Too bad he has such a deep hatred for Christianity otherwise I could enjoy Nevermore's music more (I personally have a hard time listening to that kind of rhetoric when done too much).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:22 pm

I'd say more of a disliking to organized religion. I don't see him as a poster boy for hating christianity as say Glenn Benton but he just questions bad preachers in the media stealing money in the name of God. Look up their song (God Money) for reference.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:32 pm

troublezone wrote:
I'd say more of a disliking to organized religion. I don't see him as a poster boy for hating christianity as say Glenn Benton but he just questions bad preachers in the media stealing money in the name of God. Look up their song (God Money) for reference.

Definatly NOT like Glenn Benton, but from interviews I've read with him he seemes to have pigion holed followers of Christianity into the hypoctites he grew up around who forced it upon him. I would love for a Christian like me (who knows when to back off) to talk with him and let him realize that not all of us are like that. I believe he just hasn't seen very good examples of real Christianity in his life and sadly that is so true for MANY other people out there.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:36 pm

Yeah, I don't get an anti-Christianity vibe either. He's somewhere between agnostic and athiest. I just don't think he likes people getting screwed over, as troublezone said.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:18 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, I don't get an anti-Christianity vibe either. He's somewhere between agnostic and athiest. I just don't think he likes people getting screwed over, as troublezone said.

Maybe it's just me then as far as lyrical content in Nevermore. However, I've read several interviews with him where he talks about it. Basically while he was growing up, family and other people around him shoved it down his throat while at the same time he could see that they were not practicing what they preached and it painted his view of church people as over zealous hypocrites. The problem is that so many Christians are like this that it gives others a bad name. That is not to take anything away from him, he is a GREAT vocalist. I just believe he does not have a real clear view of what REAL Christianity is.

In other words it's a bad reflection on Christians not on Warrel Dane himself.
Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:51 pm

Since we are talking about Warrel Dane, I was curious if anyone has heard his pre-sanctuary stuff with Serpent's Knight? As far as I know all they did was a demo and a full length independent release. If anyone has it I would love a cdr or mp3s Smile as I am assuming it is next to impossible to find.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 pm

firestar wrote:
Since we are talking about Warrel Dane, I was curious if anyone has heard his pre-sanctuary stuff with Serpent's Knight? As far as I know all they did was a demo and a full length independent release. If anyone has it I would love a cdr or mp3s Smile as I am assuming it is next to impossible to find.
That would be great to hear! I never even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warrel Dane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next