Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Scorpions.... May

Go down 
+7
Wicked Rick
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalH
mc666
mr.electric39
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:03 am

Just went to Blabbermouth and found the link... it's not a video interview, dammit, it's an audio MP3 file... just downloaded it and will be checking it out to see what Klaus says about "retirement"...

If anyone's interested, it can be found at
http://www.scorpions.gr/root/goldinter.mp3
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:06 am

lol can't see them retiring now...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 10:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
lol can't see them retiring now...

After listening to the interview, the guy asks Klaus if they ever think about retirement and all he says is something like "Who knows, this could be our last album, or it could not be." Gee, thanks for clearing that up Klaus... Smile
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:32 pm

I'm not too surprised about their lack of a deal here. It wasn't until Halford rejoined Priest that they were re-signed by sony/columbia... When was the last time Saxon had a legit US deal.... (I know Saxon isn't Priest or Scorps, but)

It is rather sad when I'm sure their back catalog sells well. I've only heard the 'Humanity' track which is a great song. I hope they don't call it a day..... I mean Dio is 65.... Klaus isn't that old and he still sounds great..... They are one of the Great Bands of all time.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:00 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
I know Saxon isn't Priest or Scorps.
well said Cool

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39575

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:57 am

mr.electric39 wrote:

It is rather sad when I'm sure their back catalog sells well. I've only heard the 'Humanity' track which is a great song. I hope they don't call it a day..... I mean Dio is 65.... Klaus isn't that old and he still sounds great..... They are one of the Great Bands of all time.....

Plus, look at the Rolling Stones. How old are they ? They keep chugging along too
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 9:08 am

It's not a question of age, more of how is the band aging? Far from a fine wine, the Scorps have aged like sour milk, Unbreakable was rather breakable!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:15 pm

candlemass wrote:
It's not a question of age, more of how is the band aging? Far from a fine wine, the Scorps have aged like sour milk, Unbreakable was rather breakable!

I would beg to differ with you. They did have a sizeable detour in the late 90's, but then again who didn't? Unbreakable is easily one of the best discs in their catalog (imho). Clearly ranks up their with 'Animal Magnetism', 'Taken by Force', 'Blackout' and 'In Trance'....

Heck even 'Acoustica' was a great disc for what it was. (did I say great??... well heck I liked it)....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:59 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
candlemass wrote:
I would beg to differ with you. They did have a sizeable detour in the late 90's, but then again who didn't? Unbreakable is easily one of the best discs in their catalog (imho). Clearly ranks up their with 'Animal Magnetism', 'Taken by Force', 'Blackout' and 'In Trance'....

Heck even 'Acoustica' was a great disc for what it was. (did I say great??... well heck I liked it)....
I think most people would beg to differ. Eye II Eye is really the only bad disc in their catalog. Unbreakable is a great, great album! Sour milk? Pffft.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:03 pm

I have yet to hear Eye II Eye... the absolutely godawful reviews that it received when it first came out have kept me away... is it really that bad??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have yet to hear Eye II Eye... the absolutely godawful reviews that it received when it first came out have kept me away... is it really that bad??
It depends. Some days I can dig it a bit, but it's definitely not really a rock album. Very modern, very mellow, lots of subtle electronic beeps and boops and programmed sounds, and just not the greatest songwriting. I don't know what they were going for really, since the style isn't really anything that was popular at the time, unless they were going for a mellow, top 40 R&B flavor. I just think it's an experiment that failed on a lot of levels. But it's not a downright horrible album; it's just not really what you expect from the Scorpions. But the song "Mind Like A Tree" is killer. Out of place on the album, though.

Probably worth the lala price.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:10 am

What about 'Pure Instinct'..... I never remember reading anything positive about that disc.... that and Eye II Eye I think were the throw aways...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 8:21 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
What about 'Pure Instinct'..... I never remember reading anything positive about that disc.... that and Eye II Eye I think were the throw aways...

Pure Instinct has one or two decent songs (I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember digging the track "Wild Child") and a lotta filler. It's not especially BAD or anything but it's not essential either.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:17 am

"Love at First Sting" was the beginning of the end of my respect for this band, it was still a decent lp, but the chesse had started. After that, they abandoned any worthwhile song writting, "tenny bopper bubble gum drivel"! sick

Last edited by on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39575

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Pure Instinct has one or two decent songs (I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember digging the track "Wild Child") and a lotta filler. It's not especially BAD or anything but it's not essential either.

A friend of mine from work had this and I thought the same thing. Not too bad,but not too impressive. After reading the horrid reviews for Eye II Eye,I thought the band was done. However,after reading about Unbreakable on this board and Eyesore's suggestion , I decided to pick it up and was glad I did. (thanks Eyesore).It's given me hope for the band and I'll probably be getting their new one soon.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:56 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

A friend of mine from work had this and I thought the same thing. Not too bad,but not too impressive. After reading the horrid reviews for Eye II Eye,I thought the band was done. However,after reading about Unbreakable on this board and Eyesore's suggestion , I decided to pick it up and was glad I did. (thanks Eyesore).It's given me hope for the band and I'll probably be getting their new one soon.

I finally heard 'Unbreakable' about a year after it came out. That disc simply rocks as hard as anything else they've ever done. Clearly great melodies and crunchin' riffs.... It's ironic because I saw 'em on that tour but hadn't picked up 'Unbreakable'...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:15 am

Pure Instinct is a good disc. It's mellow, for the most part, but the songwriting is good.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
Pure Instinct is a good disc. It's mellow, for the most part, but the songwriting is good.

I had picked up 'Deadly Sting' that final 2 disc compilation that Mercury put out and there were 2 'unreleased' tunes on there. 'over the top' and 'life goes around', they both left me very flat....... If the writing is like that I may just pass on 'pure instinct'.... unless a used copy for cheap appears !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpions.... May   New Scorpions....  May - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Scorpions.... May
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: