Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

70's Scorpions

Go down 
+19
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
thejokeriv
DeathCult
ultmetal
manny
EmoElmo
James B.
snooloui
Required Fields
adrian
Andy
arachnoplasma
metalinmyveins
exact33
mc666
tohostudios
ProgDoom
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ProgDoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 pm

I love the Scorpions in the 70's. It completely destroys the 80's Scorpions (although the Matthias era still rocks). It all just sounds so original. But I feel alone when I listen to it. I feel like no one else really knows about it, and I feel sad knowing I'll probably never get to see them with Uli, or even see them play Uli era songs live/ Anyone else ever feel like I do?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:15 pm

I definitely prefer 70s Scorps. Albums like Virgin Killer, Taken By Force, Fly To The Rainbow, etc are classics in my book. But I do like early 80s albums like Animal Magnetism and Blackout. It's after that that they lost me until their last one. Sting In The Tail sounds a lot like early 80s Scorps IMO.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 pm

i like all Scorpions eras.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:01 pm

I have yet to get to the scorps 70s albums. I just recently started with their discography after years of not liking them much..

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Scorpions = 70's >80's>90's

Sting in the Tail = Great comeback album
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Love at First Sting and Blackout were my introduction to Scorpions as a kid. I regrettably didn't check out their '70s albums until much later, as in the last two years, but I love 'em. I tend to listen to them back-to-back with the '70s Priest albums, for some reason. In Trance is my favorite and I really like Taken by Force too. Uli Roth is an incredible guitarist.

Scorpions kind of fell off my radar for years. No real reason, just moved onto other bands. But I really enjoyed Sting in the Tail like many others.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Sting in the Tail was excellent.

Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Excellent stuff from the 70's Scorps. I totally agree that this material is often lost to most fans because they did not break as a band until the 80's. Heavy Zeppelin influence in the mid-late 70's albums.

Virgin Killer and Lovedrive amongst their best material, with the latter being my favorite from the band and one of my all-time favorites.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:15 pm

I've never explored the Scorpions' albums much, but I seriously love Taken By Force!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:33 pm

mc666 wrote:

Even Eye II Eye?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:54 pm

I definetely prefer 80s Scorpions, but I do like a few songs from their 70s era. I pretty much like everything apart from Eye II Eye. I think the rest of their albums are all at least decent, but a lot are totally awesome.

On a completely unrelated point, it seems the recent re-recording release was to regain the rights to the songs as Microsoft seem to be using Rock You Like a Hurricane in one of their new adverts for Microsoft Office.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I was a hugr Scorps fan in the 70's. Taken By Force is my favorite Uli record.

Attn: ProgDoom.....check out Electric Sun, Uli's band after Scorpions.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:17 pm

James B. wrote:

I've never heard of them. Is their sound comparable to Scorps from that era?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
James B. wrote:

I've never heard of them. Is their sound comparable to Scorps from that era?

vocally similar to the songs that Uli sung with Scorpions(Hell Cat, Polar Nights, Dark Lady, Sun In My Hand, Drifting Sun) The music is kinda/sorta similar, but more of a Hendrix/pyshadelic vibe.

There are three lps, earthquake, and firewind and Beyond The Astral Skies.

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Some of my all Time faves are from this Band, but early - mid 80's are the ones I prefer

"Living And Dying"

"Sails Of Charon"

"Pictured Life"

The only Modern Scorps LPs that I dig are the ones that are into heavier guitars ...Face The Heat and Humanity Hour 1 are awesome

Crazy World is cool as well but my only gripe is the so-so production, could've been better
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:24 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Some of my all Time faves are from this Band, but early - mid 80's are the ones I prefer

"Living And Dying"

"Sails Of Charon"

"Pictured Life"

The only Modern Scorps LPs that I dig are the ones that are into heavier guitars ...Face The Heat and Humanity Hour 1 are awesome

Crazy World is cool as well but my only gripe is the so-so production, could've been better

Looks like you prefer 70s era Scorpions to me. Sails of Charon is from Taken By Force and Pictured Life is from Virgin Killer.
And check out "Sting In The Tail"; definitely a return to their early 80s style.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Required Fields wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Even Eye II Eye?
i actually think that album is an excellent pop album.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Anybody here dig Pure Instinct?

Probably one of the Cheesiest Albums ever but I kinda like it
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:51 pm

I much prefer their 70's albums, 'Taken By Force' being a favorite of mine from that era.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 pm

Love the Uli-era Scorps! headbanger

Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:18 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Anybody here dig Pure Instinct?

Probably one of the Cheesiest Albums ever but I kinda like it

I haven't heard it in a while, but I like that one.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:46 pm

70's Scorps is my favorite era. In Trance and Tokyo Tapes are amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:12 am

70's Scorps rules!!! Uli Jon Roth Rules!!!!!

so does 80's Scorps!!!! Jabs plays his a$$ off!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 am

A great band, which I love so much.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 am

I've only got VIRGIN KILLER and TAKEN BY FORCE out of their '70s stuff, but I dig'em both, for whatever that's worth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

70's Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70's Scorpions   70's Scorpions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

70's Scorpions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: