Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?

Go down 
+26
jstate
TheGooch
XYZ
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
candlemass
Muloc7253
rattpoison
HellRaiser
Stender
spiritoradio
powermacho
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
krokus
kmorg
7thSecond
UltraMagnus007
mc666
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
DeathMasqueRed
Required Fields
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:01 am

spiritoradio wrote:
The Osmonds - Crazy Horses

Yea, yea, yea!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyRiNZDb5EY&mode=related&search

This thread started by Sahb has some good suggestions that relate to this thread. It's practically the same without the rock n' roll/metal debate. Laughing

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/it-s-only-rock-n-roll-f8/rockers-from-unlikely-sources-t2269.htm

I said Crazy Horses then too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Yes - South Side of the Sky

The bassline and guitar combo is pretty heavy. Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:37 pm

dire straits - money for nothing. put some more distorition on that riff and tony iommi would have been proud
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
AC/DC sure is Heavy Metal, and so they are Rock N' Roll and Punk.

Alright, I definately need an explanation of this scratch

The AC/DC being a metal band debate will never end, because 'heavy metal' has no fixed meaning, and the barriers are decided by the individual. You could argue that they just play 50s rock and roll but louder and harder, but who's to say that stops it from being metal?

The explanation is under the parent post with that statement.

AC/DC playing 50's Rock N' Roll louder and harder like a lot of their peers at the time ala the Damned, Motorhead, The Ramones, Dead Boys etc. is definately Heavy Metal as are those bands.

It's just a different way of doing it as opposed to the lumbering giants at the dawn of the 70's.

Just like the Seattle Scene at the start of the 90's offered up different ways of playing Heavy Metal to what was mainly the norm in the 80's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:13 pm

"No Time" from the Guess Who is pretty heavy.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:08 pm

rattpoison wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
It's fun to find heavy rock in places one doesn't expect.

Yep so true, we can search the Quarry all day for it but it's always somewhere else where it is most enjoyable.

Yes, that's why I keep rocks in my head. 🤡
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:14 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Thus sayeth the 20 year old!! Haha!! The vast majority of their catalogue was done before your birth.

Grandpa speaks I, SM74 was all of T-minus two years old when Smoke on the Water came out Razz
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Amen! Preach it brutha! This subject will never go away until people learn the history of the music.

Grampa speaks II. Ult and I on the other hand have real credibility, because combined we are 90 years old and over nine feet tall. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey Spec, good call on Soundgarden's "Birth Ritual." That's my favorite song by them. Unreal that it was never on a main album. The song is sick!

How about these:

Now that is innovation! The last video, "Tougher Than Leather," just kicks all kind of butt!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Quote :
Grandpa speaks I, SM74 was all of T-minus two years old when Smoke on the Water came out Razz

Hey, I'm old school!!

I'm not wiping you in Vegas. Someone closer to your age who's nearly in your shoes (diapers) can. They'll have the empathy I'd sorely lack. Razz
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:53 pm

It's ok. One of my hands still works. Smile

Topic:
Bread- Mother Freedom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Here's some more, all inter-related:

There's another video I was looking for, but I can't remember the name. I thought Tito Jackson was in the band for some reason. Anyway, the video is from the 80s. I know there are some black dudes in the video, one is playing a guitar shaped like a star, I think, and they're in a spider web. Haha. Anyone remember this one?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Quote :
I know there are some black dudes in the video, one is playing a guitar shaped like a star, I think, and they're in a spider web.

Bootsy Collins? That's what comes to mind when you write "black dude & star guitar".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I know there are some black dudes in the video, one is playing a guitar shaped like a star, I think, and they're in a spider web.
Bootsy Collins? That's what comes to mind when you write "black dude & star guitar".
Yeah, thought of that. Wasn't him, though. You don't remember the video? They're in a spider web, man! Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Yeah, that cheesy video rings a bell but I'm drawing a blank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:27 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Yeah, that cheesy video rings a bell but I'm drawing a blank.
Same here. I swear it was on Beavise and Butthead on time and they kept going "Titooooooooo" every time one dude came on the screen. I'm thinking now it wasn't Tito Jackson, even though they thought it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Cmon this was too easy guys....

The reunited Jacksons - Torture.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:41 pm

AHH!! As soon as Eyesore said Beevis and Butthead I thought "Jackson 5" but Spectre beat me to it. Blast!!

It might be impossible to beat the cheesiness of this video!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Titoooooooooooooooo!

Man, I didn't know the Jackson 5 could that cool.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Oh, man. The Jackson 5 was so much cooler in the 60's!! That's one of the small musical overlaps my wife and I have.

I'm goin' back to Indiana!!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Sir Mix-A-Lot's (with Metal Church) "Iron Man". I thought that was the coolest thing at the time.

This is the re-mix with the "We Will Rock You" sample.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:46 pm

That was a cool song.

"You can strike a match in my hand, too black to tan. Heavy Metal rebel in a one man band!!"
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:44 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son"
Good call!

Early Rush was certainly Metal. Working Man is flat out Metal!

Quote :
AC/DC is most definitely not metal. They are rock'n'roll, plain and simple.

Thus sayeth the 20 year old!! Haha!! The vast majority of their catalogue was done before your birth. I don't mean this as bad as it sounds, but you're in no position to say AC/DC isn't Metal. It's not your call. You have the right to say it, but you'd simply be wrong. Anyone with any credibility knows this.

AC/DC not metal???? Suspect

Janet Jackson - Black Cat

Shoot. I was hoping to make the Janet Jackson call here.... Smile killer song!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:55 pm

This is a hardcore type band from my homeland Guatemala, and this song is metal my friend. It sounds like an crossover thrash band
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next