Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band

Go down 
+13
MetallicSeminarian
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Rami Airola
Thrasher73
SpectreFate
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
jettafiend
Gilbert
80s Metal Lady
Orion Crystal Ice
Chrome Locust
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Empty
PostSubject: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

The Rage track is awesome, buddy - I was running with Overkill out of emotion. I live in a small village in Ireland, and one of our kids, only 21, was murdered in Japan last year. Her name was Nicola Furlong - her killer was RICHARD HINDS (19), an African American, who was sentenced to 5 - 10 years. Under Japanese law he was tried as a minor. He showed no remorse during his trial - and laughed at the verdict - knowing he'll probably be out in half that.

She was only a child - and he has destroyed her family forever - sorry, I feel a tad messed up over the verdict sentence.

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

"Not Forever" is excellent. I hadn't heard the Overkill one before.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm

[quote="80s Metal Lady"]"Not Forever" is excellent. I hadn't heard the Overkill one before.[/quote

Breaks my heart every time I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 pm

man, messed up story..
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:54 am

Thanks for posting the rage track.

Rules!!!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:27 am

Either:

Sacred Warrior - Holy Holy Holy

or

Metal Church - Watch the Children Pray
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:49 am

Metallica-Fade to Black
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:27 am

If Metal Church is speed metal now, then Anthem to the Estranged.

Otherwise

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:33 am

I'm wondering what the best speed metal by a ballad band is.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
If Metal Church is speed metal now, then Anthem to the Estranged.

Otherwise

I'd never heard of them before. Great track. German band.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:44 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm wondering what the best speed metal by a ballad band is.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 am

Here's my vote from a true speed metal band........

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 am

Last edited by Thrasher73 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

I absolutely love this one..

Lääz Rockit - The Omen

There's some exceptionally haunting beauty to it...
It's also one of my favorite songs to close an album.

Last edited by Rami Airola on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 am

Return to Serenity by Testament.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
The Rage track is awesome, buddy - I was running with Overkill out of emotion. I live in a small village in Ireland, and one of our kids, only 21, was murdered in Japan last year. Her name was Nicola Furlong - her killer was RICHARD HINDS (19), an African American, who was sentenced to 5 - 10 years. Under Japanese law he was tried as a minor. He showed no remorse during his trial - and laughed at the verdict - knowing he'll probably be out in half that.

She was only a child - and he has destroyed her family forever - sorry, I feel a tad messed up over the verdict sentence.

Sorry to hear about that, Chrome Locust.

I have a former co-worker whose close friend was murdered a few years ago (stabbed over 100 times). The killer was convicted last year and sentenced earlier this year. He will be eligible for parole in 2017.

In the courtroom, when he was being sentenced, he yelled obscenities at the victim's family, and said, "You guys ain't gonna break me. I'll still be smilin'."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:17 am

"One" by Metallica.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

Excellent choices there. I was going to mention the DA track if someone else hadn't.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 am

Required Fields wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:

Sorry to hear about that, Chrome Locust.

I have a former co-worker whose close friend was murdered a few years ago (stabbed over 100 times). The killer was convicted last year and sentenced earlier this year. He will be eligible for parole in 2017.

In the courtroom, when he was being sentenced, he yelled obscenities at the victim's family, and said, "You guys ain't gonna break me. I'll still be smilin'."

Thanx, friend. I'm so sorry for your friend. The whole justice system is a joke. I saw Dr Phill (on Ytube the other night - normally I can't stand Dr Phill as he is a joke - but even he made sense on this subject ) a show a few years back about Rodney Acala, a vicious serial killer, sentenced to death 3 times, since 1979, yet still taking the piss out of the justice system with his endless appeals. Acala was caught in 1969 (or thereabouts) trying to murder a child, after raping her. He got parole after 17 months. After that, he got caught trying to give a minor some hash, in order to rape her - he got 3 years for violating his parole. He got out and murdered X amount of young girls.

I'm just lost for words, as your country, my country, every civilized country protect this vermin like they are an endangered species. I am lost for words.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:58 pm

I found a link to a video montage using the Overkill track, I found apt.

EDIT: I only watched the first song at writing this post, and it went on, and I'd advise extreme caution - it gets very graphic, and I mean graphic after a while - its a pro death penalty vibe.

[youtube] https://youtu.be/5Oi7etAy_mA[/youtube]
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm

I have a daughter. 25 yrs old.

Back to top Go down
Killswitch
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Its estimated that America has 100 active serials on the loose. Scary statistics: that makes 2 serials per State. Its an unheard of phenomena here in Ireland. We've had one noted case in the 70's of two guys killing three women and got caught. We had another case in the 90's when up to 8 young women went missing. One guy: Lenny Murphy was caught in the act of raping and attempting to murder another young woman in the Wicklow hills (he is prime suspect for the previous slayings) by hunters. He got 11 years in prison and was set FREE!!!!!!!!!

A cold case related to him is from an American tourist Annie Mcarrick who vanished where Murphy operated from in the Dublin mountains is still open. It was him, but no proof can tie him to the case as her body has never been recovered, like the 7 others.

Bar that, no known serial killers on this island. Which is worth studying. How does America have 100 active serials per calender year - yet we don't any?

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:07 pm

This one's easy--Years of Decay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band   Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best metal ballad - by a speed metal band
Page 1 of 1