Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?

Go down 
+26
jstate
TheGooch
XYZ
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
candlemass
Muloc7253
rattpoison
HellRaiser
Stender
spiritoradio
powermacho
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
krokus
kmorg
7thSecond
UltraMagnus007
mc666
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
DeathMasqueRed
Required Fields
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:45 am

Kate Bush - Violin
Adam And The Ants - You're So Physical
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:41 am

Soundgarden - Outshined

Great Song!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:53 am

Michael Jackson - Beat It
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:20 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:
Soundgarden - Outshined

Great Song!!! Smile

Soundgarden was consider Metal until Grunge took off and they gave them that Grunge lable. I remember Soundgarden used to get play on Headbanger's ball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 pm

King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man, A Sailor's Tale, Red, Pictures Of A City, One More Red Nightmare, Larks Tongue In Aspic Part 2, etc. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 pm

I have mixed thoughts on Soundgarden, and how they're labeled, though I'm willing to side on that of grunge. I just remember them early on, and when Lon Friend used to pimp this band so to speak (when he was a substitute host on Headbangers Ball) during their early days.

My favorite Soundgarden song that most people wouldn't be familiar with is "Heretic", which is off the "Pump Up the Volume" soundtrack. Great movie also by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0z6ATxLk8Q
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Sex Pistols-Bodies.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Janet Jackson - Black Cat

Really good call. That song rips. 🤘

Didn't Vernon Reid of Living Color fame have something to do with that song? I thought I remember hearing that he wrote and/or played lead on that track.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:03 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Didn't Vernon Reid of Living Color fame have something to do with that song? I thought I remember hearing that he wrote and/or played lead on that track.

I think it might of been Nuno Bettencourt?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:49 am

rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I think it might of been Nuno Bettencourt?

Some inter-web research shows that there are a few different versions/re-mixes of the song. Apparently Nuno played rhythm guitar on a Japanese version and a JJ Greatest Hits re-mix, Vernon played lead in the video version and the original album version list 4 different guitarists (Dave Barry, John McClain, Jellybean Johnson and Jesse Johnson) contributing to the song Black Cat.

So there you have it. The web doesn't lie. Believe everything you read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Its gotta be Heart - Barracuda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?   Most "metal" song by a non-metal band? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most "metal" song by a non-metal band?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4