Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.

Go down 
+21
krokus
Chairman_Smith
arttieTHE1manparty
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
DeathCult
Troublezone
stormspell
Thrasher73
Olafsto
mc666
kmorg
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
rattpoison
MoonChild
powermacho
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
Hamer12
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:38 pm

I own nothing by either band too, and I also have nothing by,

Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Deep Purple
Led Zepplin
Kiss

I like some Motorhead & Kiss & the Coverdale era of Purple, but that's it, I have no interest in Sabbath or Zepplin.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Quote :
I have no interest in Sabbath or Zepplin.

Sorry to hear that. insane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:44 pm

Quote :
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Deep Purple
Led Zepplin
Kiss

I just can't see how somebody as metal as Locky doesn't even have Master Of Reality.

BTW< I don't have any DP or Motorhead cds. I have two Zep cds.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:48 pm

I wasn't into Zep at all until I got their first box set; the one with the crop circles on it.

I was blown away by the stuff I'd never heard on the radio. Songs like Bron Y Aur Stomp completely changed my opinion of the band. They were much more diverse than I originally thought based on the songs on the radio.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:51 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Deep Purple
Led Zepplin
Kiss

I just can't see how somebody as metal as Locky doesn't even have Master Of Reality.

BTW< I don't have any DP or Motorhead cds. I have two Zep cds.

How many Sabbath cd's do you have? Your metal credentials is on the line. Laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:54 pm

I'm with you Toho. They have awesome radio hits, but it's those gems buried deep that really make Led Zep great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Quote :
How many Sabbath cd's do you have?

S/T
Paranoid
MOR
Vol 4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Live at Last
Heaven And Hell
Mob Rules

Man, I didn't know I had that many. I don't listen to some of those very often. I love Paranoid, MOR and H and H though.

BTW, My metal cred is intact. I like Nelson.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:02 pm

You're missing out on some great music dude. Especially the 70's era Scorpions.

And I love Deep Purple, but I only have the 70's albums with Gillan, Perfect Strangers, and Burn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:09 pm

I just care for the band, I never have and never will. I just didn't grow up with them old geezers playing on the radio here, I was brought up on the mid '80's wave of Thrash Metal and then I never had any need to search for the older bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:42 pm

Locky wrote:

I just care for the band, I never have and never will. I just didn't grow up with them old geezers playing on the radio here, I was brought up on the mid '80's wave of Thrash Metal and then I never had any need to search for the older bands.

So your whole collection is just thrash?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:01 pm

troublezone wrote:
Locky wrote:

So your whole collection is just thrash?

nope, I just moved along with what I was growing up with, I just never revisited the older material that was before my time, for example I like the latter Kiss albums but never was arsed about the early material, it could all be amazing but I have enough bands/albums to check out from the past 25 years than to waste my time going back to the '70's.

It's just my choice.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:20 pm

No AC/DC either. Only have them on cassette. I haven't transferred over to cd yet; so much stuff to buy.
I can definately understand the point about radio saturation. It's the reason why I don't seem to listen to Pink Floyd, Vanhalen, or the Doors as much as I used to. Same with Aerosmith. I think I heard Dream On 4 times last week alone.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Radio overkill is a terrible thing. That's why i never listen to it. But it shouldn't stop your enjoyment of a band. I bet most sceptical on Aerosmith through their radio hits haven't listened to Rocks all the way through. Do it and your life will be enlightened.

As i've said before the best Rolling Stones songs are ones you ain't going to hear on radio. Which is pretty much true for all those huge pillars of rock n' roll.

Although one thing i can't escape is TV commercial song overkill. Some ad has the Rolling Stones 'She's A Rainbow' on it and it's one of the most played commercials. It's ruined the song for me and everytime i play their album 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' i skip over that track which sticks out like a sore thumb. This intern ruins one of my favourite albums.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I wasn't into Zep at all until I got their first box set; the one with the crop circles on it.

I was blown away by the stuff I'd never heard on the radio. Songs like Bron Y Aur Stomp completely changed my opinion of the band. They were much more diverse than I originally thought based on the songs on the radio.

I could have written this m'self. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:43 pm

When I was younger I had a thing against metal that was before my time. Not any longer.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:35 pm

I own about half of AC/DC's catalog and about 2/3 of the Scorpions. I used to have all of the Scorps stuff, but some of it was stolen a few years ago. I'll get it replaced eventually. The AC/DC stuff I am missing is mostly Bon Scott stuff I really have no desire to own.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:46 am

Locky wrote:

Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Deep Purple
Led Zepplin
Kiss

I like some Motorhead & Kiss & the Coverdale era of Purple, but that's it, I have no interest in Sabbath or Zepplin.

Inexcusable
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:16 am

I have zero from
Kiss
UFO(it is sounds dated to me)
STYX
Sonata artica
kamelot
gamma ray
zero black metal bands
and almost nothing from the modern melodic power metal bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:38 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Locky wrote:

Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Deep Purple
Led Zepplin
Kiss

Inexcusable

Go Shite
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:25 pm

I am very surprised to see that many of you dont have any cd by many of the classic heavy rock/heavy metal bands. I think i have everything by all the big bands. Why??? Because i think when you start listening to a style of music, you have to start with that, with the bigger bands and little by little go into the underground/bands not very famous.
Also you dont start building a house from the roof.
Many times i talk to people and they can tell you all those rare bands that only released a demo (bands that i like too of course) but dont know nothing about those glory big bands and i think thats strange. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:54 pm

i own zero kiss, aerosmith, thin lizzy, motorhead, ac/dc, venom, metallica, thrash/vlack/death/glam/aor etc....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Quote :
i own zero kiss, aerosmith, thin lizzy, motorhead, ac/dc, venom, metallica, thrash/vlack/death/glam/aor etc....

Arcane Steel only! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:01 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Arcane Steel only! headbanger

of course, although i don't think we have the same definition for it.... headbanger
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:38 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I was just thinking about big bands that i have failed to check out.

UFO...biggies i'm not really familiar with apart from a few famous songs. This will definately be remedied sometime in the not to distant future.
Oh man, UFO is a must! Just knowing some of your tastes from your posts here, you will probably LOVE them.

Here are my recommendations:

UFO2: Flying (early release, total space rock bordering on krautrock)
Phenomenon (first of the early Schenker years)
No Heavy Petting
Lights Out
Obsession (last of the early Schenker years and my personal favorite)
No Place to Run (beginning of the Chapman years, which are very strong also)
The Wild, the Willing and the Innocent
Mechanix
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Speaking of UFO, there is a newly released dvd that is a re-issue of an old VHS tape called "Too Hot To Handle-The UFO Story" It has interviews with "famous" musicians whom were influenced by them and concert clips / footage of every era / line up of the band. I jam alot with a former member of UFO, who is from here in Sacramento, Tommy Mc Clendon. He is a phenominal player but isn't wildely known due to the weak songs that pretty much made up the lps he was on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.   I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I own zero Scorpions cds, and zero AC/Dc cds.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next