Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions Not Retiring

Go down 
+26
Eyesore
iamrockerfun
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Gilbert
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
tul
MetalGuy71
Vexer6
ultmetal
Glower
glassprison
Sword Of The Heretic
DeathCult
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
James B.
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Lurideath
tohostudios
ze_mau
exact33
brokentulsa
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Scorpions Not Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Scorpions Cancel Retirement, Intend to Continue Rocking Like Hurricanes Indefinitely

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/scorpions-not-retiring/?trackback=tsmclip
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:21 pm

I am happy to hear it but it was pretty obvious.

ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Deep within they actually love music. I am actually a big fan of their material up to "Crazy World".

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Shocking !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:24 pm

I really don't like when bands do this.  "We're going out on a farewell tour" so people buy tickets just to see their favorite band one last time.  Then it's like "Psych!!!  Just kiddin'. "

Pro athletes do it too.  I was so pissed when Ozzie Smith did his "farewell tour" then decided to return the next season anyway.  I half expect Derek Jeter to do the same thing.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:26 pm

There´s this evangelical pop band called "Petra" that actually did the same thing.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:30 pm

ze_mau wrote:
There´s this evangelical pop band called "Petra" that actually did the same thing.

Petra did retire. They did reunite with Volz under the Classic Petra moniker.

ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Its still Petra anyways ...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:38 pm

ze_mau wrote:

Keep "fishin'"

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:55 pm

fish ? no I know its actually "your" symbol. I remeber the origin´s of the name of that band "Frank´s Enemy" as I read on NLTM. anyways , I don´t belong to the "FE" crew but this "secular music afraid" "fishes" are like sub human to me. they are inferior than a flea to me.

So now you can try to decipher this beauty poem I wrote. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssss

Last edited by ze_mau on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:58 pm

ze_mau wrote:
fish ? no I know its actually "your" symbol. I remeber the origin´s of the name of that band "Frank´s Enemy" as I read on NLTM. anyways , I don´t belong to the "FE" crew but this "secular music afraid" "fishes" are like sub human to me. they are inferior than a flea to me.

So now you bcan try to decipher this beauty poem I wrote. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssss

My apologies, I should have said "keep smokin'"

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Well let´s be quite Frank: Petra is a "great" band in their own right. but as they "call its quits" and reform again thy´re not really been honest to their audience. anyways sum of their stuff is really good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:14 pm

ze_mau wrote:

So now you bcan try to decipher this beauty poem I wrote. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssss

So "I" have a symbol?  What is it?  I think I want to get a tattoo.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
ze_mau wrote:

your the poster formerly known as Toho.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
ze_mau wrote:

Scorpions Not Retiring G-title-cr
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
ze_mau wrote:

Scorpions Not Retiring G-title-cr

Laughing very hard  headbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 pm

That's good and bad at the same time. They should retire but its their passion so I get it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:07 pm

It's not Scorpions until Rudy's moustache rejoins the band!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 pm

ze mau, not being an ass here, but why keep bringing faith based bands up in almost every thread.
This isn't a Christian based forum. There are Christians here just as there are people that just don't care about any of it. There are Christian band members that post here but there are also just fans of music in general as well.

My point is that you are just angering people by posting that stuff. I get you are angry about that faith, just as I used to be. Just let it go.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:00 am

Last I heard him, Klaus Meine's voice was still golden and he's what, 64 years old? More power to him. If he wants to keep the Scorpions going till he drops dead onstage, I say let him.

On a somewhat related note, anybody know if James Kottak (who did some jail time in Dubai after being a drunken dick on an airplane) is still their drummer or did they replace him and move on with someone else?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:25 am

Quote :
If he wants to keep the Scorpions going till he drops dead onstage, I say let him.

I´d say the same. They still love music. but of course they don´t hate the money and the groupies that they where fortunate to get altogether with the "music" ( which is art and beauty and not a sin )
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:10 pm

I drink milk.    It's art and beauty and not a sin.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:16 pm

As far as I know fishes are not mammals so they´d not drink this beverage
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Last I heard him, Klaus Meine's voice was still golden and he's what, 64 years old? More power to him. If he wants to keep the Scorpions going till he drops dead onstage, I say let him.

On a somewhat related note, anybody know if James Kottak (who did some jail time in Dubai after being a drunken dick on an airplane) is still their drummer or did they replace him and move on with someone else?

He's still listed as a band member on their website. I couldn't find any news about him since he got released from jail in Dubai.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 pm

ze_mau wrote:
As far as I know fishes are not mammals so they´d not drink this beverage
Using the same logic, humans are mammals, drink milk (some)....so they wouldn't be fishes.

On a side note, mermaids are fish surprised 
Scorpions Not Retiring Th?&id=HN.608045065843115821&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1
Maybe they nurse their young, maybe not ?

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions Not Retiring
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next