Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:40 am

detuned wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
I saw Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' movie today. Freaky.

I saw that one in the theater when it came out...

When I was in high school one of the local cinemas used to to midnight shows of "Rocky Horror" in one theatre and "Pink Floyd: The Wall" in another. My friends and I would get, shall we say, "altered" and then flip between both theatres for the entire night. Ahhh, memories.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 am

Saw "What Happens in Vegas" recently was surprised it was as good as it was i thought it would be a major Stinkery doo
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 pm

I watched I Robot last night on FX. I thought is was a pretty good movie. I thought the visual effects were awesome.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
I saw Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' movie today. Freaky.

I saw that one in the theater when it came out...

When I was in high school one of the local cinemas used to to midnight shows of "Rocky Horror" in one theatre and "Pink Floyd: The Wall" in another. My friends and I would get, shall we say, "altered" and then flip between both theatres for the entire night. Ahhh, memories.

There's a theater around here that actually still does stuff like that, sometimes they'll play surf films, or other classics like Wayne's World, Spaceballs, original Star Wars, etc. It's actually pretty damn cool. I sometimes "alter" myself too.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:41 pm

-Monster Squad
-Hatchet

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just watched "Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem."

Wow... anyone who complained about the (PG-13 rated) first "AvP" not having enough gore will be MORE than satisfied with this follow up. It's pretty much non stop gore, guts, mutilation, and goo. My only major complaint is that a lot of the nighttime scenes are so dark you could barely tell what was going on onscreen. Other than that, it was good ol' action packed, totally mindless monster mashin' action.

The darkness is my lone complaint as well. The opening scene was a great way to let the people know they weren't screwing around with this one and that it was indeed RATED R. One of my favorite movies from last year. Totally satisfied my action/horror needs.

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The Brave One - pretty good with a twist at the end.

I wanna see this one.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:16 am

Was watching The Running Man this morning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:20 am

Quote :
Also, Kirsten Dunst was beyond adorable....

sick sick

More power to ya! She almost single-handedly ruins Spiderman for me. Least attractive leading lady going these days. I simply do not understand her appeal.

Sounds like a great flick, though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 am

Kirsten Dunst looks fresh from the laundromat to me. I bet she has Circle K feet and smells like bad cheese.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 am

You know what, you just went up another few notches on my "best people ever" list!! cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

sick sick

More power to ya! She almost single-handedly ruins Spiderman for me. Least attractive leading lady going these days. I simply do not understand her appeal.

Just for the record, I don't really like her in the Spiderman movies either...it's her "character" in this movie that I find adorable, more so than how she looks playing it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Just got The Happening and Death Note from Netflix - I hope they are good (and yes, I know I haven't SEEN them yet, but what the heck)

Also, watching Justice League Unlimited Sean One with my son - he loves it. The show is better than the Superfriends shows of our youth.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:29 pm

Quote :
Just for the record, I don't really like her in the Spiderman movies either...it's her it.
"character" in this movie that I find adorable, more so than how she looks playing

Gotcha!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 am

metal revived wrote:
sick DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH THE NEW JET LI JACKIE CHAN MOVIE..... ITS >:defleppard:

I personally liked it. Different strokes and whatnot. I found both chicks to be freaking hot, especially Golden Sparrow What a Face .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:34 pm

The other day I watched Smart People. Pretty funny.

I also watched Shallow Hal. A nice comedy that gets you a couple good laughs. You gotta wonder what goes through peoples' minds when they sign up to play the ugly person. "I officially have a nasty looking mug"
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:55 pm

The Happening.

I know lots hated this. I like M. Night's stuff. This is no different. Not his best, but still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:10 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

sick sick

She was really cute many years ago. But then she was infected with whitustrashia and now she looks horrendous. Never wearing a bra has done wonders for her banana boobs, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:20 pm

I watched two movies recently. I posted this up on the Shock Totem forum:

MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN

Anyone see this yet? If your cable company offers FEAR.net on On Demand, they're showing the movie for free right now.

I watched it this weekend and it was pretty good. The acting was great, the direction was just as good. The butcher was played by the decidedly creepy, English badass Vinnie Jones. That dude is the perfect villian. The kill scenes were gruesome enough without being lame gore. I'd give it a C+ maybe B-. I wasn't blown away, but I wasn't bored by any means.

The ending is where it fails, if you ask me. It's too abrupt. It doesn't have the pacing of a book, where there's a build-up. In the movie, the ending just flops out of the sky and into your lap. And then it's done. A little more foreshadowing and suspense before the end would have made it a lot better.

The scariest part might have been Clive Barker's intro. He looks sickly. Maybe it was a lack of good make-up/bad lighting, I don't know, but he looked like smurf poo. The movie is worth checking out, though.

THE CITY OF EMBER

I know this isn't a horror movie, but I saw it, so I'll discuss it.

A few years back I joined the Science Fiction Book Club. While picking those six or seven introductory books, I came across one called the City of Ember. The description sounded great. I missed the part that said it was a children's book, though. Haha. The post-apocalyptic story "revolves around the underground city of Ember, the one known surviving settlement and "the only light in the dark world" that's slowly dying as supplies run low and the electrical system starts to fail. The main characters are Lina Mayfleet and Doon Harrow, two 12-year-olds who watch as the light of Ember flickers and race to discover a way out."

Despite the book being written for a young audience, I thought it was fantastic. The sequel, The People of Sparks, was also good, though not as good. The prequel, The Prophet of Yonwood, was rather pointless as only the last chapter really tied it to Ember and Sparks. There's now a third and final book in the series, The Diamond of Darkhold, which I haven't read yet. But despite the pointless prequel, I'm still a fan, so I was sort of looking forward to the movie version of Ember. The trailers looked good.

First off, the movie looked amazing. Unfortunately, the movie itself was just decent. I guess if you were a kid it might be a great movie, but not for me. It's been a good while since I first read the book, so I'm not sure what sort of things the writers embellished, but I think the movie stayed fairly true to the book. There were a few things that I don't remember being in the book, especially...

Spoiler:

But maybe I'm wrong.

Solid acting by all, great design and feel, but too little suspense and meat. The movie was just okay. I give it a C. I hope they make the sequel, but I'm not sure that'll happen. We saw it Friday night and the theater had about 20 people in it. Of course, we saw it in a rather ghetto fabulous area, so it probably didn't appeal to the locals much.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:20 pm

The Hollow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:20 am

Iron Man-well worth the hype but while most praised Downey's performance (which was good, don't get me wrong), I thought Jeff Bridges did an awesome job. Besides looking evil, he did a great job acting evil (I think he shoud do it more often).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:03 am

88 Minutes-Awesome, awesome, awesome movie. Had enough suspence to keep my heart rate up throughout most of the movie. I highly recommend this one to suspence fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:55 am

DallasBlack wrote:
88 Minutes-Awesome, awesome, awesome movie. Had enough suspence to keep my heart rate up throughout most of the movie. I highly recommend this one to suspence fans.

affraid ok i wasnt going to say anything about the reply to the jackie chan jet li post i put up but come on man. i paid 32 bucks for 88 minutes on blu ray because im a huge pacino fan... this movie was horrible. the acting was for sh@* and i love the fake a** porche they blew up.. this movie was no good. to each is own but this is two in a row. what the hell! sign
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 am

Rented the Love Guru but havent watched it yet

Quote :
I watched I Robot last night on FX. I thought is was a pretty good movie. I thought the visual effects were awesome

I Robot is a GREAT Flick!!

Id like to read the book sometime
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:32 am

metal revived wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

affraid ok i wasnt going to say anything about the reply to the jackie chan jet li post i put up but come on man. i paid 32 bucks for 88 minutes on blu ray because im a huge pacino fan... this movie was horrible. the acting was for sh@* and i love the fake a** porche they blew up.. this movie was no good. to each is own but this is two in a row. what the hell! sign

Sounds like your fault for buying a movie before seeing it first Very Happy . Seriously, so my criteria for a good movie is different from yours, thats just how it is. There have been many movies that a lot of people loved that I hated with a pasion (i.e. Blair Whitch Project, Children Of Man, and others I can't recall right now). Also, it is not two in a row, I saw Iron Man before 88 Minutes Wink .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:31 am

Saw "Pet Sematary" for the first time in a long while last night... and DAMN, that is still one NASTY, disturbing as HELL piece of work. Some bits didn't age as well as others (and the lead actor/actress, Dale Midkiff and Denise Crosby, are both wooden as hell for most of the film) but I still think it freaked me out more this time than when I saw it years ago, since I have kids now and such horrible things happened to that adorable little boy in the movie... yeesh...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 am

star waes episodes one to six
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next