Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:56 am

Quote :
I meant it was "terrible" in a good way. Like most '80s cheesy B-horror movies, the worse they are, the better they are if you know what I mean. Laughing

Yeah just look at Toxic Avenger or Nuke Em High.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:28 am

I saw Iron Man tonight. It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:37 am

Required Fields wrote:
I saw Iron Man tonight. It was awesome.

Awesome indeed, but not as brilliant as dark knight.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:14 am

I'm doing the Pirates Of The Carribean trilogy today.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 pm

Love Object.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 am

DallasBlack wrote:

I love the line from At World's End:

Jack: I once served under a captain that had no legs and only one eye.

Gibbs: What did you call him?

Jack: Larry.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Isn't each movie three hours each? Good luck staying awake.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 am

troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Isn't each movie three hours each? Good luck staying awake.

I watched the first Monday morning, the second Tuesday morning, and I just finished the last one about 30 minutes ago. I could do it in a row (hell, I did it with Lord Of The Rings-speical edition, about 3 and a half to four hours each) but I had other shows to watch and like all days off I ended up sleeping most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:11 am

Watched the 2008 remake of "Prom Night" last night -- an extremely average slasher, remade from a movie that really wasn't all that great to begin with. Not a BAD movie per se, but not a GREAT one either. Every cliche of the slasher genre was lovingly represented and it was totally formulaic and predictable.

It should be noted that even tho my wife rented the "uncut, unrated" version it was still quite tame and fairly bloodless -- imagine how lame the original theatrical PG-13 rated version must've been.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:53 pm

In the past week I've watched...

Shooter: VERY good action thriller starring Marky Mark (sadly, the Funky Bunch could not come to terms with the studio)

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: sick I'm not a Freddy fan in the first place, but this was just boring.

Waxwork: Seen it before, good fun stuff.

Vacancy: I wanted to see this in the theaters, and then later rent it on PPV, but could never convince the woman to watch it with me. It's on Encore OnDemand right now, pretty good.

The Lost Boys: The Tribe: Actually, surprisingly good. It kept the feel of the original and never came across as a lame rip-off of it. More boobs and gore than the first as well! cool Feldman reprised his Frog brother role and did fine. Decent acting all around and nice special effects. I just read today thanks to the success of this one, a 3rd is already being planned to feature both Frogs AND Corey Haim.

Harold & Kumar Escape...: Eh. Funny at times, horrible at other points. But that's the norm for stoner/sex comedies.

Fat Freddy wrote:
Watched the 2008 remake of "Prom Night" last night -- an extremely average slasher, remade from a movie that really wasn't all that great to begin with. Not a BAD movie per se, but not a GREAT one either. Every cliche of the slasher genre was lovingly represented and it was totally formulaic and predictable.

I was wondering about this one, and I feel the same way that the original wasn't special in the first place. I'll still keep it on my Netflix list though.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

It should be noted that even tho my wife rented the "uncut, unrated" version it was still quite tame and fairly bloodless -- imagine how lame the original theatrical PG-13 rated version must've been.

I've wondered what the new "Prom Night" movie was like. I haven't seen the original in years. You have to love Jamie Lee Curtis. She was truly the original "Scream Queen"!

Jamie Lee Curtis slasher flicks

1. Halloween (untouchable)
2. Halloween II
3. Terror Train
4. H2O
5. Prom Night
6. The Fog
7. Halloween 8 (absolutely horrible w/exception of the opening 15 minutes)

Hope I'm not forgetting anything else.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:01 pm

The Brave One - pretty good with a twist at the end.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:03 pm

Quote :
Vacancy: I wanted to see this in the theaters, and then later rent it on PPV, but could never convince the woman to watch it with me. It's on Encore OnDemand right now, pretty good.

I was totally surprised by this one. I figured any PG-13 horror movie has to suck but this one was surprisingly good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:47 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Shooter: VERY good action thriller starring Marky Mark (sadly, the Funky Bunch could not come to terms with the studio)

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

lol!

Excellent movie, I saw it in the theaters when it came out. I recently purchased and watched, The Departed. Great movie that kept me interested except that there are a lot of loose ends. It was almost as though it went on so long the writer didn't really know how to end it. Peace.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Murder By Numbers
Psycho
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:23 pm

Underworld. Vampires vs werewolfs! Yipe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:12 am

sick DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH THE NEW JET LI JACKIE CHAN MOVIE..... ITS >:defleppard:
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

I was totally surprised by this one. I figured any PG-13 horror movie has to suck but this one was surprisingly good.

Actually, Vacancy had an R rating.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:12 pm

Just watched "Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem."

Wow... anyone who complained about the (PG-13 rated) first "AvP" not having enough gore will be MORE than satisfied with this follow up. It's pretty much non stop gore, guts, mutilation, and goo. My only major complaint is that a lot of the nighttime scenes are so dark you could barely tell what was going on onscreen. Other than that, it was good ol' action packed, totally mindless monster mashin' action.

Oh and by the way, there's a scene that takes place inside a hospital maternity ward that is just wrong, Wrong, WRONG!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:14 pm

I saw Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' movie today. Freaky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just watched "Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem."

Wow... anyone who complained about the (PG-13 rated) first "AvP" not having enough gore will be MORE than satisfied with this follow up. It's pretty much non stop gore, guts, mutilation, and goo. My only major complaint is that a lot of the nighttime scenes are so dark you could barely tell what was going on onscreen. Other than that, it was good ol' action packed, totally mindless monster mashin' action.

Oh and by the way, there's a scene that takes place inside a hospital maternity ward that is just wrong, Wrong, WRONG!!!!

Agreed. However, maybe if they had written and actual script and hired some decent actors it could have been far better than what it was. The reason it was filmed so dark was to cover up for the budgetary limitations.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:18 pm

Black Sheep

Were-Sheep or Zombie sheep....not sure which. It was O.K. with some great gore and some super-cheesy moments.

Funny when one dude is talking to himself and calls his brother a baaastard!! lol! Kiwi horror movie humour!!

"I kick ass for the Lord!!"

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 pm

I just went and saw "How To Lose Friends & Alienate People" and laughed until I thought I was going to puke. The direction was a little sloppy (pacing was a little off and some of the camera transitions were jarring) but the good parts more than made up for the flaws.

Also, Kirsten Dunst was beyond adorable....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I saw Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' movie today. Freaky.

I saw that one in the theater when it came out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next