Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:00 am

Wanted was pretty rad, It made it even better for me once I found out it was based off a graphic novel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:10 am

Stender wrote:
Wanted was pretty rad, It made it even better for me once I found out it was based off a graphic novel.

I saw it a couple weeks ago and leaving the theater the only thing I could think was "that film was not meant for someone as old as I am".
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:17 am

detuned wrote:
Stender wrote:

I saw it a couple weeks ago and leaving the theater the only thing I could think was "that film was not meant for someone as old as I am".

The cursing got real old after a while. I wasnt really to fond of the main guys actor but then again you have to realize that all those panic attacks were acting!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:13 pm

Just finished "Pelts".

I bought the Masters Of Horror Season 2 box set and since I'd heard about this movie, I watched it first.

This is that season's Dario Argento entry and stars Meat Loaf Aday. If you can overlook the goofy plot premise, this is a satisfying flick. Lots of gore, lots of nudity, a brief lesbian sex scene...what more could you ask for?

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 pm

I watched Jaws, Jaws 2, and Jaws 3 over the weekend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:08 pm

I just finished watching South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.

That movie is a classic. R.I.P. Isaac Hayes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:40 pm

American Gangster-great movie with aweome performances by Denzel and Crowe (I can't recall any bad performances from them). The only thing about this movie I didn't care too much for and that is Washington's character was made to be too sympathetic. The man was a selfish and dangerous person (the real life detective this was based off of even said that) but still I had more sympathy for him than the crooked cops. At least gang leaders are up front about their crimes, the police are supposed to protect and serve.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Just watched UNTRACEABLE. Pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:47 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
American Gangster-great movie with aweome performances by Denzel and Crowe (I can't recall any bad performances from them). The only thing about this movie I didn't care too much for and that is Washington's character was made to be too sympathetic. The man was a selfish and dangerous person (the real life detective this was based off of even said that) but still I had more sympathy for him than the crooked cops. At least gang leaders are up front about their crimes, the police are supposed to protect and serve.

I loved American Gangster.

Almost all movies based on true stories skewer details to some degree. Still, it's a great movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:40 am

My five year old and I watched "Looney Tunes: Back In Action" over the weekend. It was actually pretty funny stuff!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:04 am

Just watched "Stephen King's The Mist" over the weekend. Man, what a disturbing ending. Anyone else see this? An underrated release this year, IMO.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:12 am

Required Fields wrote:
I watched The Usual Suspects last night. Excellent movie.

This one jumped straight onto my top 10 list when I saw it. Great cast, great acting, great story, un-freaking-believable twist! If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor. A warning - possibly the most uses of the F-word I've ever heard in a movie. Make sure the kids aren't around!
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:22 am

kmorg wrote:
Saw Mama Mia! last night.

My wife drug my two sons, 15 and 10, and me to this one while we were on vacation in Jackson, WY. My 10 year old sat with his baseball cap over his face for most of the movie. This is chick flick material for sure, but I was impressed that the actors sang their own stuff, for better or worse. Pierce Brosnan sounded a bit like an English guy trying to sound like Louis Armstrong! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 am

Watched Juno yesterday. Cute movie.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Well since its difficult to get my gf to go out and see movies I found a download of Hancock the other day so I was like what the hell. It was actually a very good copy since it was a screen test version so I downloaded it and streamed it from my computer to my xbox and watched it. It was pretty good. I thought it was going to be more like a kid orientated movie but it wasnt at all. Definetly worth seeing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:36 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
I watched The Usual Suspects last night. Excellent movie.

This one jumped straight onto my top 10 list when I saw it. Great cast, great acting, great story, un-freaking-believable twist! If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor. A warning - possibly the most uses of the F-word I've ever heard in a movie. Make sure the kids aren't around!

You obviously haven't seen The Big Lebowski, then. I am sure there's movies with more F-words, but that one has almost 300, and averages well over two f words a minute.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:17 am

Quote :
Just watched "Stephen King's The Mist" over the weekend. Man, what a disturbing ending. Anyone else see this? An underrated release this year, IMO.

Agree with this. Very good movie.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:30 pm

Paycheck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:35 pm

Started to watch Lust For Freedom (1987) on Netflix but I couldn't make it through it. It's bad. Real bad.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:39 pm

The Natural
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:51 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Agree with this. Very good movie.

The ending was pretty messed.. dont wanna ruin it for the rest of you who havent seen it.. But its a decent movie
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:51 am

We Own The Night-it was ok but not as good as I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Indiana Jones - The Temple of Doom

Still great all these years later. Kate Capshaw = Shocked super D duper!

Never noticed this before....during the chase scene at the beginning there was a bar in Shanghai called The Obi Wan Club. Cool!

Batman Begins - To get the girls up to speed before The Dark Night comes out.

Pan's Labyrinth - pretty good....hate seeing brutal human on human cruelty. It's too real.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Quote :
Pan's Labyrinth - pretty good....hate seeing brutal human on human cruelty. It's too real.

You wuss. Very Happy

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 pm

I know! I thought of that very thing. I can handle real-life accidental gore (and do all the time) but the older I get I don't even like seeing fake human-human brutality (the real kind that probably happened...IE atrocities)

SAW brutality? Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next