Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!

Go down 
+11
kmorg
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
Troublezone
ghost
INVADERS
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Wargod
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Quote :

emptytomb1 wrote:
I will always like Ripper better as a vocalist but Matt fits the IE sound well. It's a good thing they don't tour regularly though, as I doubt Matt could pull off the FA and TGB stuff night after night.

Not too mention Schaffer's back problems. He's still in a lot of pain from what I understand

Back pain is the suckzorz.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:54 pm

St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I saw IE live in Oslo last year, and Ripper got sort of boring after a while. I stil enjoyed him doing Melancholy though, one of my favorite IE songs.

The question is how Barlow will fare visually w/o all the hair though. I guess we will have to see. Anyway, it's all IE though, so it's good.
I'm fairly confident a good frontman will remain one without long hair. He's not a metal Samson.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Smindas wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I saw IE live in Oslo last year, and Ripper got sort of boring after a while. I stil enjoyed him doing Melancholy though, one of my favorite IE songs.

The question is how Barlow will fare visually w/o all the hair though. I guess we will have to see. Anyway, it's all IE though, so it's good.
I'm fairly confident a good frontman will remain one without long hair. He's not a metal Samson.

Well, we can only speculate at this point. Obviously I like to think youre right. Nevertheless, the main reason I thought he looked "cool" or whatever back when, or by viewing the AIA DVD, that mane had alot to do with it. Apart from that, and the voice, he never really struck me as an out of the ordinary Metal persona. I mean, he didnt do any original "moves" or whatever. It would had been interesting to see IE this summer, but theyre not coming around here this year.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Smindas wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I dunno. Look what happened to Rob Halford. He lost his hair and it turned him into a gay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I dunno. Look what happened to Rob Halford. He lost his hair and it turned him into a gay.

So he's recent staring at the floor stage persona would be due to the shame of losing the hair and "coming out of the closet"?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:28 pm

St Patrik wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

So he's recent staring at the floor stage persona would be due to the shame of losing the hair and "coming out of the closet"?

Yup. I read it on Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:55 pm

St Patrik wrote:
Smindas wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Well, we can only speculate at this point. Obviously I like to think youre right. Nevertheless, the main reason I thought he looked "cool" or whatever back when, or by viewing the AIA DVD, that mane had alot to do with it. Apart from that, and the voice, he never really struck me as an out of the ordinary Metal persona. I mean, he didnt do any original "moves" or whatever. It would had been interesting to see IE this summer, but theyre not coming around here this year.
Topically, I watched most of the AiA DVD today (those new samples made me crave some IE) and I can see where you're coming from. Whilst he isn't all that original a frontman, he gets the crowd going and sings strongly and that's all that matters.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm

St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Mattrf7

Still looks metal to me.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:31 pm

did not do a lot for me really. sorry. i will still buy it though but i went off this band after throwing ripper out
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Just because you don't have long hair doesn't mean your not metal. I shave my hair off every spring that looks metal to me!

Wargod48

NP: Windrow - Trilogy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Mattrf7

Still looks metal to me.

I was talking about stage presence rather than photographs. Whatever, if it doesnt matter to people, thats a good thing.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:51 am

Well at least we will get no shadow boxing!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Full songs!

http://www.spv.de/icedearth/octophon/

🤘

"The Clouding" is ridiculously awesome!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:30 pm

The single itself isn't that fantastic, the chorus seems quite recycled from 'Setian Massacre', but it's still a decent track. Definitely enjoyed the redone 'Setian Massacre' though. 'The Clouding' is definitely the highlight, it sounds amazing with Matt on the vocal helm. Good stuff all around.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:38 pm

I actually think "I Walk Alone" is fantastic. I didn't hear a similarity in the chorus. Either way, I can't wait for the new album.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:43 pm

The song might be a bit of a grower for me, as I said, it's not bad. I do love the angry gang vocals of the chorus in 'I Walk Alone', they sound great, but the similarity to 'Setian Massacre' is undeniable. The line that starts "Mankind's dishonesty... is just a slowed down version of 'Setian Massacre's [i]"Deep in the mountains..." melody, I'm sure of it. Still, can't wait for the album, it should be a great listen.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Hmmm...I still don't hear it. Haha. But Jon borrowed from a lot of the things on part one, other songs on the album and older songs. Maybe that's what he was going for? I know Devin Townsend does this a lot.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Framing Armaggeddon is hardly subtle about its references to older Iced Earth material (specifically that of the Something Wicked album), so I did think for a moment that Jon maybe 'referencing' the previous album with 'I Walk Alone'. Thing with Jon is, it's hard to tell whether he's being clever or he's just slowly running out of ideas and is hoping noone will notice ;D I mean, at least with Devin Townsend, when he references SYL's 'Love?' in 'Notes From Africa', you can tell it's very deliberate.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:19 pm

troublezone wrote:
I actually like Barlow for his lower more agressive approach as opposed to Rippers shrieking.

DING, DING, DING!!!!!!

If I want to hear Halford, I'll listen to Priest. Iced Earth is back and Judas Earth is dead!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:51 pm

I actually liked Framin Armegeddon and The Clouding was by far my favorite track. However, Barlow owns that song and I hope Jon makes that a bonus track on the next album (or on an EP).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I actually liked Framin Armegeddon and The Clouding was by far my favorite track. However, Barlow owns that song and I hope Jon makes that a bonus track on the next album (or on an EP).
Out to lunch? There is an EP coming out. It'll have "I Walk Among You," and re-recordings of "The Clouding," "Setian Massacre," and "A Charge To Keep."
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Out to lunch?

I work 7 days a week, transitioninig from an overnight shift after Sunday night to a day shift on Monday and Tuesday and then back to an overnight shift for Wednesday. Excuse me if I seem a little behind but my work scedule is not conventional in any way and I do tend to miss things more these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Out to lunch?
I work 7 days a week, transitioninig from an overnight shift after Sunday night to a day shift on Monday and Tuesday and then back to an overnight shift for Wednesday. Excuse me if I seem a little behind but my work scedule is not conventional in any way and I do tend to miss things more these days.
Settle down. I'm being friendly. 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Out to lunch?
Settle down. I'm being friendly. 🤘

No your not, I can read your mind and I see nothing but evil intentions. You are part of the secret organization plotting to drive me out of my mind and I will not stand for it. My voice, like the voices in my head will be heard! Bwa! Hah! Hah! Nothing can stop me...Hey wait, put down that needle! No, I must be heard! I must be.................

I aplogize, Dallas Black is off hid meds and had to be sedated. By the way Eyesore, the organization thanks you.
insane insane insane insane insane
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:52 am

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 IE050208_015

Same old Matt, by the looks of things! Must've been a great show.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next