Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!

Go down 
+11
kmorg
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
Troublezone
ghost
INVADERS
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Wargod
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Well Iced Earth has posted 30-40 sec clips from their upcoming EP "I Walk Among You". I think they sound pretty wicked!

http://www.myspace.com/icedearth

Wargod48

Last edited by Wargod48 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Whooo! As much as I liked Owens with the band, Barlow just fits so much better. The dude is a badass!

EDIT: Sweet! More than one sample...
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:53 pm

I agree they sound is different as well it's like the sound was for for Matt!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Gave them a listen a little earlier - they sounded great! I can't wait to hear the new stuff, Matt's vocals are as always, top notch.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Man, I just listened like 20 times in a row. Totally awesome! I can't wait for this one now. Like I said, I loved Owen in this band, but Barlow and Schaffer make Iced Earth. I think it's clear now. I even once said that Owens was the more dynamic vocalist. But I think I might eat those words now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:54 pm

Listening to'em now. Me likee. Wish they were longer. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Ultra-boring guitar riffing.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:27 pm

I might be there right with you eyesore.. I really liked owens but those samples are very very good. I also like that the songs are more aggressive than framing armageddon...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:22 am

Well, the redone versions of Framing Armageddon songs sound watered down. Not strange by any means, as Ripper did his best and most varied work ever on that album. I will always have a soft spot for them, but Im sick and tired of bands trying to relive yesterday and its obvious Barlow hasnt got the range of Ripper either. But then, who has?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:02 am

St Patrik wrote:
Well, the redone versions of Framing Armageddon songs sound watered down. Not strange by any means, as Ripper did his best and most varied work ever on that album. I will always have a soft spot for them, but Im sick and tired of bands trying to relive yesterday and its obvious Barlow hasnt got the range of Ripper either. But then, who has?
He doesn't have the range? Apparently you've not heard Iced Earth's previous albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
He doesn't have the range? Apparently you've not heard Iced Earth's previous albums.

Oh, I have ém all. To my ears Ripper has the greater range of the two by far. I cant wait to hear Barlow struggle through Ten Thousand Strong.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:15 am

Awesome!!

Sounds like a return to form, and the songs from Framing Armageddon sound much better with Barlow singing...

Welcome Back Barlow!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:17 am

St Patrik wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
Oh, I have ém all. To my ears Ripper has the greater range of the two by far. I cant wait to hear Barlow struggle through Ten Thousand Strong.
I don't know, man. Barlow can nail any note Owens can. He's done it before, plenty of times. What I wonder is whether or not Barlow can switch between the different ranges with the ease that Owens can. Barlow has done it before, but not often.

http://www.myspace.com/pyramaze

Just listen to the intro to "Year of the Pheonix." That's pretty much as high as Owens ever goes. And listen to the harmonies on the new version of "Setian Massacre;" he nails some pretty high notes in those backing tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
What I wonder is whether or not Barlow can switch between the different ranges with the ease that Owens can. .

You have a great point there. Thats one of the reasons Owens is so impressive, especially live.

Look, I love Barlow as well, and it took me time to get used to someone else singing in IE after him. But I really though Framing Armageddon was great album, and a great step forward for both the band and the singer. It was more than just another IE album to my ears, an added "depth" or whatever. After having the pleasure of witnessing IE two times last year I thought Owens did a huge job on the classics as well, whether it was Dracula, Angels Holocaust or The Hunter.

Yep, Ive already checked out the new Pyramaze samples. Good stuff, though I could never get into their previous stuff.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:17 am

Sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to this one. But I like also the Ripper area. Do I really have to take side with Matt or Ripper? No, I can go on liking the stuff of both of them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:37 am

Barlow was always best for IE and thats been proven here. Regardless if Jon's riffing is boring Barlow shows that his vocals were the missing ingredient.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 7:20 am

Barlow can do "Dracula". I maintain that's pretty much enough proof that he can do the Ripper material. Maybe not in exactly the same way, but I wouldn't want him to. Matt's voice is very characteristic and will always be what I associate with Iced Earth. I'm still surprised there are so many lamenting his return to the band.

Not the greatest quality but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7lPzyde3b0 Don't get me wrong, it's a bit lower than Tim, but he gets the switching between high and low well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 7:35 am

I actually like Barlow for his lower more agressive approach as opposed to Rippers shrieking.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:36 am

Sounds VERY promising, me likey a lot. As far as Owens, Barlow, and range go, you can't really compare the two seeing as Owens is a tenor and Barlow is a bass/baritone. In Pro Secrets of Heavy Rock Singing Barlow says that the only reason his highs seems so good is that he puts grit into them and that it would probably sound "thin as sh*t" if he did it cleanly. Basically Owens can reach higher notes than Barlow but Barlow can reach lower notes tha Owen. And yes, Iced Earth is SOOOOOO much better with Barlow, and I'm saying this as someone who actually liked the Owens era.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:33 am

I consider Iced Earth with Barlow as Iced Earth, when Ripper came in i lost interest in IE. Now that Ripper is gone i am a huge fan again.

As far as singing goes Barlow is one of my favorite vocalists out there, but as for vocal talent i think Ripper has more skill with his voice. But his voice doesnt compare to Barlow's...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:28 pm

I can't wait for this. Ripper is a good singer, for sure, but he doesn't have that charm Barlow has. You know that uniqueness of it.

I saw IE live in Oslo last year, and Ripper got sort of boring after a while. I stil enjoyed him doing Melancholy though, one of my favorite IE songs.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:19 pm

I will always like Ripper better as a vocalist but Matt fits the IE sound well. It's a good thing they don't tour regularly though, as I doubt Matt could pull off the FA and TGB stuff night after night.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Sounds promising, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I was really disappointed with their last one. Not so much with Tim's vocal's (I'm a fan), but the whole cd overall. Too "symphonic" for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:36 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I will always like Ripper better as a vocalist but Matt fits the IE sound well. It's a good thing they don't tour regularly though, as I doubt Matt could pull off the FA and TGB stuff night after night.

Not too mention Schaffer's back problems. He's still in a lot of pain from what I understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:38 pm

kmorg wrote:

I saw IE live in Oslo last year, and Ripper got sort of boring after a while. I stil enjoyed him doing Melancholy though, one of my favorite IE songs.

The question is how Barlow will fare visually w/o all the hair though. I guess we will have to see. Anyway, it's all IE though, so it's good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!   Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - I Walk Among You samples posted!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next