Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saint - Desperate Night samples posted

Go down 
+5
thejokeriv
exact33
Dark Horseman
MetalFRO
mikeinfla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Empty
PostSubject: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 am

The follow up to Hellblade is almost here!

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 am

Sounds awesome, can't wait to hear the final product!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 am

Good news, they've killed it lately.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Good news, they've killed it lately.

yep. Looking forward to this one.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:21 pm

The samples sound better than Hell Blade, which was a huge let down in my book
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Hell Blade is aweome!

I already ordered Desperate Night Very Happy

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 pm

I think these samples are really rockin. I thought Hellblade was too plodding for my tastes - this seems to be more straight ahead faster paced music.

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am

It's just been announced that Josh Kramer is leaving Saint due to other commitments. From Richard Lynch:

It looks like I’ll be able to start sending out mp3 files Saturday!!!! On the song Desperate Night we are introducing our new singer Brian Miller. it’s my hope that you will welcome him into the fold. As for Josh he has moved away and that makes it next to impossible to do things like music videos, photo shoots, etc. We haven’t parted ways completely as he has agreed to do live performances when possible. He and I talk it over and he completely agrees that it the best way for Saint to continue producing CD’s. The good news is that he did most of the vocals on this project.

Rich

Go to 2:56 into the clip to hear Brian on vocals. 3:44 he screams
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 am

I look forward to hearing the CD when it comes out.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm

What does moving away have to do with it? It's not like they have to record in the same room at the same time. Shoot, groups record albums on different continents now.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
What does moving away have to do with it? It's not like they have to record in the same room at the same time. Shoot, groups record albums on different continents now.

Yes, but it's much more cohesive to be able to practice together, write songs together, etc. It's much more difficult to write and record long distance, especially with no budget whatsoever to do it with.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 pm

New singer, sounds pretty good to me.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm

i am bummed Josh has left. He is a big part of the saint sound to me...

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:30 pm

I am too but i'll give the new guy a chance.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:10 pm

They tried without Josh before.... It was no success.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:37 pm

kmorg wrote:
They tried without Josh before.... It was no success.

yeah - Crime Scene Earth 1.0 was not nearly as good as 2.0

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:24 am

1."Crusified" is the opening track. Reminds me of "In The Night" from "Time's End". Good opening track. Also reminds me of a song from "The Revealtion" but I can't pin-point it right now.

2. The Key. Featuring Mr. Lynch on vocals. This is a very good song and his voice fits it. I see Saint kind of like Kiss in the vocal dept. Rich has a style much like Gene Simmons and when done right the songs he is featured on are good. In comparison of his vocalization, I prefer Rich's version of "The Judas In Me" from Crime Scene Earth. I just feel his voice fits that song better, as does this one. I believe JOSH is on backing vocals on this one. I love the guitar "crunch" on this one at 2:15 into the song. This is the only track to feature Rich on lead vocals and he shows he is capable on this one

3. End Of The World. Classic Saint topic here. Judgement Day is here! Cool sound effects at 1:31

4. Let It Rock. The only ballad... HAHAHA Got ya, this one will kick your teeth in at 10 seconds into it! Turn it up loud, but not too loud. It has a low intro, very cool effect on the start of the song like it is being played thru a phone. So far my favorite song on this release. Outstanding backing vocals from Rich. The bass tone is awesome too (and the bass sounds better on this album than any other Saint release, it is much fuller than in the past). Great musical breakdown around 1:30 with a 70's feel on the "back" guitar and another good crunching sound. LET IT ROCK!

5. The Frey. "Alright, last time, here we go!" We get classic JOSH SCREAMS on this one. Great guitar work from Herr Schenkerr at about a minute into it.

6. Inside Out. What else can I say? Another tune in Classic Saint style. Plods a bit but there's nothing wrong with plodding. Sounds like it would fit on Hellblade.

7. Desperate Night. Featuring Brian on vocals with a classic Saint SCREAM at the start of the song. Let me ask you this. If they never told us Josh wasn't on this song would you know the difference? You might but it would really be hard to tell. He shows he is a capable vocalist on this one and I look forward to more songs with Brian singing. Let's just hope Josh is involved at some capacity on the next release. I think it would be cool to have them sing together and both be featured on the next release. This one "plods" too. Awesome guitar solo from Jerry again on this one. GREAT SCREAMING at 3:54. Brian is a very good vocalist and on this song he really shines.

8. Zombie. I like to call this "Zombie Shuffle". I think this would be a great song for AMC to use for "The Walking Dead". It has very creepy backing vocals and this is a good heavy song. Josh's vocals here remind me of Judas Priest, especially something from "Sad Wings Of Destiny". Sounds a lot like the vocal delivery of "The Ripper" (studio version) by Priest. With Zombie love being at an all time high right now this would be great used in a movie or Walking Dead. Love the evil laughs on it.

9. Judgement. Starts with a heartbeat and gun shots. Another good bass tone from Rich on this one. Another great Saint classic theme, "Come Lord Jesus". Judegement is here!

10. To Live Forever. MUCH better than the original from "The Perfect Life" which featured Tim Lamberson on vocals and a drum machine. Guitars are better on this one and we have real drums. Honestly, I am not all familiar with the original as I have only heard it a handful of times as I don't play The Perfect Life very much. Jerry shows he's a capable guitarist in replacing Dee (but we already knew that anyway).

11. Escape From The Fire! Very heavy track and the albums closer. Fast, heavy, just the way I like it. Rich & Josh on vocals. Great screams from Josh again. How does he do it after all these years? Sounds like another track in the vain of Hellblade. Burn forever and ever you'll burn! This is a great ending track.

Over all an excellent release and I think it DOES top Hellblade. I'm not saying that because it is a new release, I just think the songs on this one are a bit stronger than Hellblade. Definitely something classic fans will want to get. SAINT has consistantly delivered great releases since coming back with "In The Battle". There are no other classic bands that have done this, not even Stryper. No slam on them at all but we've had 3 releases from them, one being a cover album and the next one will be re-records. That's fine but I would rather have new material and that has what Saint has done with all of their releases since 2004. To Live Forever IS a re-record but it also seems new because it is different from the original. The original seems more of a demo (and Im gonna pull that one out and listen to it again and compare because I just don't remember much about The Perfect Life.

Here we go again with another drummer but Jared is ON IT. How does he get so much sound out of such a small drum kit (if you look at his pics he has a small drum set and this album makes it feel like it's one of those huge kits from the 80's that every drummer from every metal band used to have). Larry London was excellent, I really liked him on drums and Bill Brost was good on the last release but Jared fits in nicely. I am also glad they used him for mixing as he seems to have an ear for this. I think it may be his behind the scenes work that makes this one sound as good as it does. He's "the wizard behind the curtain".
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Good rundown, mikeinfla!

I listened to the album at work today, and it features several killer tracks!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Yeah, it's a great release and I think Brian will do just fine on vocals. If you listen to the samples (around 2:56) you'll hear him sing and he sounds alot like Josh. His vocal range will definitely fit the band. Not a bad song on this release.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 pm

I'll wait for more comprehensive samples before I'm buying this. Hell Blade hasn't really aged well for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night samples posted   Saint - Desperate Night samples posted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saint - Desperate Night samples posted
Page 1 of 1